Move

Move

A Story by Daydreaming

When the man looked in the mirror, he simply wasn't happy. He stared the reflection down, imagining a different person looking back at him. 
"I don't need this anymore, I've gone through enough. What was it that made you cheat on me, was it this tiny gut, do I not make you laugh like I used to anymore? Why do you want to go out all the time, rather than spend a nice night in with me. I can change, I'll make you look at me." The man declared. 
It was a simple declaration of war. Not against someone who hurt him, or in a way to hurt someone else. He declared war on himself. He no longer wanted to be a person people simply walked by, he wanted to be noticed and he wanted respect.
That next morning, as the sun rose through his blinds, he didn't curl the blankets over his head and he didn't hit the snooze button on that early morning buzzer. He simply turned it off, rose with eyes open and looked out.
"Today." He said to the empty room.
With no chains holding him back, he took up his decision. Tied his shoes tight, ate a breakfast and closed the door of his old life.
Blood was shed, sweat and tears were dropped daily. Sometimes the man simply wished he could lay in bed and do nothing... but there was a small swell inside of him. An energy he cant really explain or describe. An urge to get up and continue on with what he wishes to do. 
Change.
"GROW!" he yells to himself inside of his head.
"GROW!" his body yells at its muscles.
1 year later, 3 jobs and 1 graduation had passed. 
Walking down an isle looking for some of his grocery list, his cart connects to another. Some of his things falls into hers and they talk briefly after.
Numbers exchanged and a few dates later he finds himself in a new relationship and in a new life. Looking into that same mirror he did 1 year ago, he doesn't look away shamefully. Instead he grins in excitement as he grabs his sneakers and heads to the gym with his new found mate. 
Don't wait for change to happen to you, take up the opportunity and move. Then the world will turn with your feet.

© 2015 Daydreaming


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked the story and the wisdom shared.
"Don't wait for change to happen to you, take up the opportunity and move. Then the world will turn with your feet."
The above lines are true. We must go forward and hope for a better place and ending. Thank you for sharing excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 13, 2015
Last Updated on December 13, 2015

Author

Daydreaming
Daydreaming

New York City, NY



Writing