Goodbye Past, Hello to the Future

Goodbye Past, Hello to the Future

A Chapter by Ti
"

Skyrah Harps is a normal 16 year old girl, experiencing a normal average teen life, until her father decides to change all of that.

"
Running, as fast as the blow of the wind, glancing up at the bright, blue sky, happily playing with a black, golden eyed cat, a sudden swift of life from the wind, flowing through my hair. Suddenly, a bright light shown upon my face, my hands quickly reacting to cover up my unusual, golden, blue eyes. A man dressed in a black, pale suit with black, shiny sunglasses came walking to me, with his awaiting car behind him, I looked at him and studied his face. ''Who are you...?'' I asked in a frightened voice, ''Someone who is taking you back.'' ''No...no....NOOO!!'' I screamed, but it was too late to escape from his beastly hands.

I woke up, finding myself sweating in my huge, comftable bed. Rubbing my eyes to try and open them wide, I sat up in my bed, my long, thick, caramel colourered hair struggling to escape from under my pillow. I looked around my room and had seen how empty and lonely it was, just like every other morning. The only thing which was beside my bed was a desk with my annoying alarm clock on it. I had woken up five minutes earlier than normally. I got up from my bed, my white knighty led straight to the cold, hard floor, covering my feet, as I walked over to the bathroom door, quietly opening it, peeking through the gap. No one was there. I went inside and turned the shower on. Yawning, I started washing my hands after I'd finished going to the toilet.

Afterwards, when I'd gotten out of the shower, I was walking impatiently around my room, rubbing my hair with a towel, then using the hair dryer. Trying my best to be patient, I continued getting ready for school, after I'd put my clothes on, tied my bow on my shirt and looked into the mirror. I was looking at myself for a long time, staring into my own eyes, ''Why do I have these eyes?'' I sighed, but then started doing my hair, I decided to put a cute, light blue flower in my hair, even though I usually go for dark colours, I have to fit in with the crowd after all. *Ring, ring!!* The phone in the living room was as loud as always, I ran into the room and quickly answered it. ''Hello?!'' I said excitedly, ''Hey Sky, It's your Father.'' Sky's Dad was sounding serious like usual, ''Hi, Dad, what's up?'' She asked in a polite way so that he knew how happy she was to hear from him. ''You know why I called, don't you?'' ''Yes...Dad.'' She sighed, remembering what she had to do for him, ''Your moving again remember? But this time, for sure, your staying there.'' ''But Dad!'' ''No 'buts' child! I simply told you about this!'' ''Yes, I understand...'' She said, Sky knew if she upset her Dad, she'd have to live with him again, which she doesn't want to do, she wants to keep away from her family as far as possible.

When Sky started packing her things away from the apartment, which her father payed for, she was thinking how tired she was from always being alone since she was at the age of 8, her family had always been fighting over her when her parents divorced, they where arguing over who would take there daughter Skyrah in. Sky decided that she'd demand for her own apartment at the age of 8 and had always been living alone that way, she was sick of her family always fighting, Sky had always thought it was her fault that her Mother and Father divorced because of her. She knew from the looks of both her parents faces, that they wished she had never been born.

Skyrah Harps, she was only 16 years old, in High School. She was a quiet, cute and mature girl. Everyone in every school she had transferred to, thought that she was just some rich girl, who was smart, however, she didn't plan to be seen that way, so she stopped living with her horrible family who had always argued over her. Her Father was taking care of the money for Sky's apartment, but now, all of a sudden, she has to move, maybe because her Father got sick of caring for her, well trying to anyway.

As Sky was ringing her Father back to say that she was done packing, he sent a taxi for her and said that it would take her to the new home which she will be staying in. Looking out of the window in the taxi, Sky was wondering what her new home would be like. When they arrived, Sky gave the driver some money and left with her luggage, finding herself outside a huge, tall mansion with huge, wooden doors as the entrance. ''Wow.'' She said to herself. Just before Sky had knocked on the door, a man wearing a bow tie and tuxedo opened the it, ''Hello there, are you Miss Harps?'' The man said whilst pushing his glasses in so that he could see her face better. ''Yes, Sir.'' ''Oh, hello Miss Harps, I am your Butler, welcome to your new home.'' He bowed and kindly guided Sky inside. ''What a huge building...erm--'' ''Oh, my name! It is Mr Stride, I'm your Butler from today onwards.'' ''Hmm...Mr Stride?'' ''Yes, Miss Harps?'' He looked at her and smiled. ''Is it just you and me?'' ''That is correct.'' ''Oh...'' She sighed, ''Your not happy?'' The butler looked upset. ''No,no, I'm grateful Mr Stride! Can you help me take my things to my room, please?'' ''Oh, of course!'' He nodded and grabbed her luggage, taking him a while to walk up the ever-lasting stairs. Sky followed Mr Stride, when they reached her room, Mr Stride said,''Your room Miss Harps.'' She opened the wooden door slowly, revealing an even bigger room than her apartment had. ''Oh my goodness!'' She gasped, ''How lovely!'' Sky ran over to the middle of the room, looking around she'd seen an incredibly large bed just for her, a bathroom with a shower and a jacuzee in it, a balcony and a huge wardrobe which opened to another room full of clothes, shoes, jewelry and other expensive items.

Stunned from her new, vintage room, she made an 'eek' noise which had frightened poor Mr Stride. ''I'll leave you to it then, Miss Harps.'' ''Yes, Mr Stride, I apoligise.'' ''No need to apologise, dear Miss Harps, I shall go and make some tea whilst you unpack your belongings and get settled in." ''Thankyou Mr Stride...for everything.'' He bows and leaves the room to myself. *Ring,ring* she heard from near the bedroom door, there was a phone on a glass desk, she answered it, ''Hello?'' "So? Sky, do you like it?'' For the first time, her father sounded a little sarcastic in his voice. ''I love it, Dad. But, may I ask why did you get me a mansion?'' ''Well, your getting older now aren't you, Sky? I should at least treat you like a young adult now.'' ''Mhmm, yes I also agree, Dad.'' ''Good, well you have school, there's a new uniform in your wardrobe somewhere." Sky started to walk over to the wardrobe and opened it, her new uniform was laying on a couch in the other room inside it. ''I see it Dad. Well, when will I see you?" "Maybe in a week or so, and if not.. Your Mother will come and see how your doing.'' ''Okay, well goodbye, Dad!" "Goodbye... Skyrah.'' He sighed and put the phone down on her. "Hmm... Maybe he's worried about me?" She said to herself.

Skyrah didn't know that her father was trying his best to care for his only daughter. When Sky had finished unpacking everything, there was a quiet knock on the door. "Come in!" She shouted from the wardrobe. It was Mr Stride, he had brought her a cup of tea and a little snack. ''Hey Mr Stride. Oh, thankyou for the treats!" "Your welcome Miss Harps!'' He bowed and left the room, leaving Sky to her privacy. "Thankyou... Mr Stride." She mumbled to herself as he left the room. She walked slowly towards the balcony doors and opened them, a dash of wind flew through her hair. "How beautiful, the garden is so huge!" Sky gasped in excitement.

As Sky was changing her clothes for school, she had noticed how lovely she looked in the new uniform, it had looked like a uniform from the victorian times but without the long dress. She had a cute, short, light blue skirt and her white, puffed shouldered shirt with a silver ribbon tie on. 'The uniform was extremely better than her old one', Sky thought.

Slowly walking out of her room with her jacket and bag on, Sky noticed how huge her mansion was, there where paintings on every wall she past. ''Are you ready to go, Miss Harps?" Mr Stride asked her as she walked carefully down the long, marble stairs. "Yes, Mr Stride, but I'm going to walk to school today if you don't mind." "Oh, of course, so you won't be needing the car then?" "No thankyou." She sighed on the last step. "Is everything alright Miss Harps?" ''I'm quite forgetful sometimes, Mr Stride... Where is the school?" She laughed. "Here... This is a small map to it, its called Danfield Highschool." "Thankyou so much, Mr Stride!" He bowed and opened the large door for her. "Goodbye, Mr Stride!" She waved to him as she walked towards the gate.


© 2013 Ti


Author's Note

Ti
I hope you all like the beginning of my story :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thankyou you very much! sorry I only replied to u today and not three days ago.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SasuSakuLoVer

10 Years Ago

Its okay,I undersstand :)
Wow you're a good writer keep up the good work!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 21, 2013
Last Updated on May 21, 2013


Author

Ti
Ti

United Kingdom



About
Hi there, I go by the name of Ti, pronounced T-ye. I'm 24 years old, I love art very dearly and like to express my creative ideas through painting and writing. I'm from the U.K., and I just love.. more..

Writing
Forget Me Not Forget Me Not

A Poem by Ti


Murderer Murderer

A Poem by Ti


~Music Lover~ ~Music Lover~

A Poem by Ti