Introduction

Introduction

A Chapter by Deason
"

A little note about this journal.

"
For as long as I can remember, I have had peculiar experiences with sleeping. More specifically, my experiences were with dreaming. I moved with my family to my current home around the age of five. From the first night that I stayed here, I have been prone to oddities including lucid dreaming, sleep paralysis, and frequently recurring nightmares. This has continued for as long as I have stayed in this house. I am more prone to it in certain rooms of the house, and typically do not experience it when sleeping other places. This all was something that I accepted as normal growing up, and therefore never thought twice about it. It had never had a direct negative effect on me, so it wasn't something that I talked about very much. These dreams inspired my love for both storytelling and the horror genre. 
I am nineteen now, and these dreams had stopped after I moved into college. However, after coming home for my first Christmas break at my home, the dreams seemed to pick up where they had left off. After talking to several people that are close to me, I decided to document something that has played a big part of my life without me truly acknowledging it. I have kept scattered recollections of dreams throughout my childhood, and I want to use this as a way to bring the whole idea together. 
I considered a dramatic introduction to this journal for the sense of entertainment, but I wanted to reach out personally to anyone that is reading this. I want to share this piece of me with you so that I can better understand it. I want to share this in hopes that someone who has experienced something similar can benefit from it. Your opinions on the stories I am going to tell are also going to help me with a novel I am working on that is inspired by these true events. 
I know this is not much of a writing piece, but rather a short rambling. Thank you for anyone who may have taken the time to give it a chance though. This journey means a lot to me and this is a step in the right direction that I have wanted to take for a long time now. Please feel free to share your experiences with me, comment on the topic, or comment on the quality of writing in the journal itself. I want to make this just as much yours as it is mine. 


© 2019 Deason


Author's Note

Deason
I'm hoping to spark a conversation from this collection. Please leave any commentary you have, whether it is on the subject or the writing itself. Thank you for taking the time to read this, I appreciate it a lot.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on January 5, 2019
Last Updated on January 5, 2019
Tags: dream, nightmare, mystery, suspense, thriller


Author

Deason
Deason

Connellsville, PA



About
Although I am both inexperienced and young, I have always had a love for literature and storytelling in its many forms. The untouched potential in the field is baffling, and there are countless memora.. more..

Writing
Dream Journal Dream Journal

A Book by Deason


Footsteps Footsteps

A Story by Deason