My Dream

My Dream

A Story by Rachel Lieberman
"

Needed somewhere to type up an essay for my psychology essay on my dream. yay Freud.

"

     I don't often dream, and when i do i don't often remember my dreams.  But, the other night i had a dream that i remembered and i decided to use it as my dream for my Freudian analysis.  

     It started out with a giant audatorium filled with cheering people.  It was the world's jewelry compotition.  I saw everything as if over TV.  2nd place were a pair of rectangular green earings made from a rare stone.  first place was a white fancy collar that you would attach to your shirt to make it more fancy.   The lady who won was blonde and started to cry when she won, but no one was there for her to hug when she won.

     My dream then switched to a small little surf shack.  I was in the side room where it was open and no one was there.  I recalled the news broadcast i had seen earlier on TV about the lady that had one.  She was crying again but in a sad way.  She had lost the collar that had won her the World's Jewelry Competition and she was begging that someone find it and bring it back to her.  My friend walked into the room and showed me the collar that he had found.  He gave it to me because he knew i could keep it safe better then anybody else.  He planned to keep it hostage and ransome it for more money then she was offering in the reward. 

     He then walked out and i was alone again, I hid the collar in my pocket.  A couple hours later i was in the room again and two surfers walked in holding their boards.  They walked towards me and i got paranoid that they knew that i had the collar and they were going to steal it from me, but at the same time i knew they didn't know.  The first one got too close so i beat the crap out of him.  The second one tried to back away but i beat him up too.  He had a really bad sunburn so it hurt him even more when i hit him.  He started crying and curled up in the fetal position.  I stopped and realized what i had done.  I ran outside across the small front lawn and jumped over the old wood fence covered in ivy to the parking lot.  My truck was in the front row.  It was a dark blue Ford F-150 FX4.

     I was suddenly driving down a dark city road at night with all the lights shining in the distance.  I saw a car crashed on the side of the road but i kept driving anyway, i would have normally stopped to help.  I was suddenly in the passanger seat with my Dad in the drivers seat, and there were two steering wheels.   It then switched back to me just driving. 

    I was back in the surf shop in the open room and it was day again.  My parents came out from a room that was made up of clear glass and they told me that i should give them the collar and that would be the right thing to do.  I pulled out a silver pistol and pointed it at them and told them that it was mine and no one else would get it, ever.  I then saw a image of my parents and some other people huddling in the glass inclosure looking very scared at me as i held the gun at my parents. 

    I ran outside and went to the bed of my trruck, the friend that had originally given me the collar, turned the collar into a head of lettuce and told me it would be a lot easier to carry around.  I drove away again with my lettuce/collar.

     Sadly, after that, i woke up.

 

    The lady who won was blonde and started to cry when she won, but no one was there for her to hug when she won.  I feel that the blonde womsan could have been me because sometimes when i accomplish something that i feel is great i often don't have anybody to share it with because no one cares.  I often get depressed after this because i feel like no one is there that cares about the same sort of things that i do.

     He gave it to me because he knew i could keep it safe better then anybody else.   Often, my friends come to me with personal troubles or secrets or just thoughts because they feel that i am someone they feel comfortable talking to.  The friend in my dream represents all the friends that have come to me over the years asking me for advice and help.   

    They walked towards me and i got paranoid that they knew that i had the collar and they were going to steal it from me, but at the same time i knew they didn't know.  I often hurt my friends (emotionally) because i think that they want to hurt me first.  But afterwords i see how they didn't actually.  The two guys that came into the surf shop represented my friends who i had hurt by accident and that i wish i hadn't. 

     I ran outside across the small front lawn and jumped over the old wood fence covered in ivy to the parking lot.   The small lawn represents my comfort zone, the lawn was very green making it inviting and making you never want to leave.  The old wooden fence represented the line over which i crossed to exit my comfort zone.  The wood was old and rotting representing danger and uglyness that may await me on the outside of my comfort zone.  The ivy on the fence represented that there is still a possibility that there is some good outside of my comfort zone.

     I was suddenly driving down a dark city road at night with all the lights shining in the distance.  I hate driving in the dark and i hate the city in general.  The darkness and the city represented that i was doing something that i hated to do and that i really did not want to do.  The lights in the distance showed that i at least thought that there would be some good to come after all this had happened and was over with.

      I saw a car crashed on the side of the road but i kept driving anyway, i would have normally stopped to help. Theres's not a lot to this, it is just showing that i was not in the right state of mind and that i was not really myself and something was clouding my judgement.  The fact that i had the collar was getting me paranoid that it was mine and no body elses and no body else should have it.

     I was suddenly in the passanger seat with my Dad in the drivers seat, and there were two steering wheels.  This part is just building on the dark and the city.  I hate my Dad's driving and i feel prone and vulnerable when he drives.  I feel that we are going to crash every time i get in the car.  Him driving in my dream represented that i felt that my running away with the collar was going to lead me to crash in an emotional sense.  That it the responsibility to keep the collar safe was eating away at me.

     My parents came out from a room that was made up of clear glass and they told me that i should give them the collar and that would be the right thing to do.  My parents coming and telling me to do something happens all the time.  But in my dream when i pulled out the gun was the wish fullfillment.  I have always wanted to stand up to my paremts and tell them no, so in my dream i did.  Silver is my favorite metal so when i pulled out my silver gun it showed how i would be so happy to finally stand up against them.

     I then saw a image of my parents and some other people huddling in the glass inclosure looking very scared at me as i held the gun at my parents.   This is just building on the last point i made.  If i ever did stand up against my parents they would certianly be afraid and worried how i could do such a thing.  They would be afraid that i would and could do it again.  They like to rule over what happens and they like to do it by themselves.  So with them huddling looking scared in a group it showed how if i ever stood up against them that their little world would crumble and they would no longer be able to stand up strong and by themselves.  They would be forced down and they would be forced to request help from others besides themselves.

     ...in the glass inclosure looking... The glass represents how easily it is to look at my parents and see how they really feel about things.  The glass represents how it is easy to look at them and figure out what they are thionking and what they are going to do next.

     I ran outside and went to the bed of my trruck...  My Dad owns a old Dodge pick-up truck.  I love itr so much, i don't really know why but i always feel comfortable around pick-up trucks.  I love sitting in the bed of the truck.  I actually once spent a whole hour working on the bed of my truck, cleaning it out, because i love my trucks so much.  So in my dream when i went to my truck i wanted to feel comfortade and safe from all the damage i had done so far.

     The friend that had originally given me the collar, turned the collar into a head of lettuce and told me it would be a lot easier to carry around.  This part took me a while to figure out.  When my friend turned the collar, which i had come to hate, into a lettuce it represented my Mom.  My Mom likes to eat salad (= lettuce), that is usually what she gets to eat.  And i hate to be near my Mom when she eats because she chews so loud and i can hear it even if i'm far away.  And lettuce is very crisp so it makes even more noise.  When she eats i just want to run away.  And that is what the lettuce in my dream was representing.  I hated the collar so all i wanted to do was run away from it just like i want to run away from my Mom's chewing.

© 2009 Rachel Lieberman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on January 2, 2009
Last Updated on January 2, 2009

Author

Rachel Lieberman
Rachel Lieberman

NY



About
My name is Rachel.... Yeah. more..

Writing