Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Debbie Clarke

I looked up at the darkening clouds and shivered, really regretting not bringing a coat. The weather had changed as quickly as my decision to even come here. I mean, I'd been so prepared that I was never going to see him again. This whole day I'd been so determined to not go and meet him. And yet here I was, standing in the cold, waiting for him.

I felt sick to my stomach. Honestly, I don't think I'd ever been this nervous. When I left I swore I'd never see him again. After all, I'd left for a reason. Why was I doing this to him? Hell, why was I doing this to me?

I checked my phone for like the millionth time. It was 15:02. Well, he had said to meet at three, so, hey, he was late by two minutes. Who knows, maybe he wasn't even coming.

I stopped and thought about that for second. Did I like that idea or not? Part of me definitely did. Part of me really didn't want to deal with all this, the questions and the explanations and going through everything. But the other part of me was so desperate to see him, to see that face that had been haunting my dreams since I'd left.

And anyway, of course he'd come. It was his idea to meet up.

"Jem?" I turned around at the familiar voice. There he was. "Is it really you? I didn't think you'd come."

I couldn't help but smile. "Neither did I."


© 2018 Debbie Clarke


Author's Note

Debbie Clarke
Let me know your thoughts!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on February 16, 2018
Last Updated on February 16, 2018


Author

Debbie Clarke
Debbie Clarke

Malta



About
Hi! I’m a 23-year-old artist from England that loves writing in my spare time :) more..

Writing