The Moonlight Beast

The Moonlight Beast

A Story by Deific Six
"

A Hunter bound by duty, a Priest shrouded with Mystery, and a Beast roaming in Frenzy.

"
Rumours of a Beast which roamed the nights plagued the people with fear and terror. People would be ferociously attacked on their late return under the pale moon.

A Hunter, allured by the veil of the mysterious Beast, the dutiful calling of guardians, and the insatisfiable thirst for another thrilling hunt, tracked the Beast for weeks. Never actually witnessing the Beast in person, information from the people was all the Hunter could rely on in order to hunt the Beast down.

One day, the Hunter came across a church, and decided to seek advice from the Priest inside. 'You seek the Beast?' The Priest asked, slightly surprised. 'Yes. I swore on my duty as a Hunter to kill it.' The Hunter replied.

The Priest gazed into the eyes of the Hunter for a long time, searching for something...then eventually withdrew and sighed. 'The Beast rests by the lake north from here, under the moonlight.'

The Hunter thanked the Priest, who wished the Hunter luck, and camped out by the lake.

By midnight, the Hunter was awakened by the ghastly moonlight and a dreadful howl. Together with those came the rust of blood and roughened breathing. Without hesitation, the Hunter sprung from the hiding place and ran, for instincts told the Hunter that the Beast was right there, ready to snap the Hunter's neck with one bite and devour the Hunter whole.

Almost feeling the raw, bloody breath of the Beast, the Hunter's legs were at the brink of collapsing upon running miles for life.

At that split second, the Hunter turned. To face the Hunter's End.

And it saw, in all its glory, residing by the edge of the lake, stood a fantastic pale Beast.

© 2017 Deific Six


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really got my teeth into this one. (excuse the pun) It was short, sharp and felt like such a good solid introduction to what I hope can olny turn out to be a great story. You left it a crucial moment, but that's a good thing - keep the reader wanting more. Your grammar is good and that's what made the piece flow really well.

I hope you do write more, as I will certainly read it.

Good work.

Mark.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Deific Six

6 Years Ago

Dear Mark:

Thank you for your review. I am glad you liked the story and thought it wa.. read more
matrixmark

6 Years Ago

Ok, so. The penulitmate paragraph kind of says it all.
Am I right?

Mark.
Deific Six

6 Years Ago

I would say it be the last paragraph, but in the end it comes down to your perception of the story.<.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 5, 2017
Last Updated on May 9, 2017

Author

Deific Six
Deific Six

Hong Kong



About
I'm a student who likes to sort my ideas into six entries. I write condensed stories and poems. I either deify or demonize what Life has to offer: there is seldom anything in-between. more..

Writing