The Man on the Bridge

The Man on the Bridge

A Story by Deific Six
"

A little logic puzzle based on Faith: What happened?

"
Once upon a night there was a man who was being chased by wolves in a forrest. He ran and found himself by a raging river with no way across except for a ghastly white bridge nearby.

Left with no choice, the man ran onto the bridge and started to cross, and to his surprise the wolves remained by the end of the bridge, snarling at him but not giving chase.

The man continued to cross the bridge, and in the middle of the bridge sat an old man who greeted him. 'Careful, young lad,' warned the old man. 'This bridge is haunted by ghosts drowned in this river. If you believe in ghosts and wish to avoid them, turn back and step off this bridge while you still can.'

The man stood in silence for a while. Then, thinking that the idea of ghosts is nonsense, he forsook the old man's advice and continued forward.

And drowned.

© 2017 Deific Six


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on May 9, 2017
Last Updated on May 9, 2017

Author

Deific Six
Deific Six

Hong Kong



About
I'm a student who likes to sort my ideas into six entries. I write condensed stories and poems. I either deify or demonize what Life has to offer: there is seldom anything in-between. more..

Writing



FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5