Dream I - 52 Slices

Dream I - 52 Slices

A Story by Almost Alive
"

Because humans dream

"

The house looked really old, like if it had seen by far better times than those it was in.

I stared at the window. Everything outside seemed just out of place. There were tall blue buildings, almost as if I was looking into the future

What a contrast, standing inside of such a mature building, and in front of such species yet to develop.

But I would soon find out I would have no time to be thinking about it or staring around.

"I'll slice you in 52 pieces, just like I did with her".

I knew her. I could picture her in my mind. She was lying in the floor with all those marks on her body. The question was, did I really know her?

For that then, though, I could do no better than to run. It was such a maze; still, I seemed to know where the way was. Running around corners, going down and up, opening and closing doors: Running away.

And then, the laughter of kids. "Nonsense", I thought to myself. As soon as I turned away, he spoke once more. His words were clear.

"So here they are. I guess this is it for them; for they shall meet up with their mother in heaven"

Why did I left them behind? All I can think of is that I couldn't care less. He was going after them, and it was my chance to escape. I opened the door, and left the anxiety behind.

Yet I still wonder,  "Why didn't I help them? Why would I deserve more to live than they did, anyway..."

© 2008 Almost Alive


Author's Note

Almost Alive
But does dreaming make me human at all?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow nice dream..
Its so well written :P
I wish i could dream :)
Keep on writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ian
Awesome dream!
This is a really weird dream...
I like the way you wrote it... It's so well written.
This is new... and that's great cuz you're tasting new flavors...
Good job!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 12, 2008
Last Updated on December 16, 2008

Author

Almost Alive
Almost Alive

I live inside my mind, El Salvador



About
Hi people. I am a just some 16 year old guy that loves to write more..

Writing
Rejoice Rejoice

A Poem by Almost Alive



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Tainted Tainted

A Poem by Almost Alive