Fruistration

Fruistration

A Poem by Delmar Cooper

Frustration

 

The story is conceived in the writing and born in the re-writing.

A story is your child conceived in writing, born in revision. 

A story, conceived in the pleasure of writing, is born in the labor of revision. 

The first draft is happy conception, but birth comes in hard, endless revision.

The story, a pleasant written conception born in the blood and labor of revision.

Beginning in the bliss of written conception, the story is born in revision… in a litter of nasty feral beasts only one of which shall live.

In the beginning was a white page and the idea, at the end a wet basket of maimed corpses,  spoiled virgins and a story.

 

“Once upon a time…”

© 2015 Delmar Cooper


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

ouch .. big big ouch! :) well ... i love this Delmar .. for sure! ... who can not relate??! .. wondering about the edit of your title?? is it Fruistration ?? or Frustration .. ;)

anyway .. such an agony of creation in writing .. your poem takes me all the way thru .. that star of sperm penetration ... growing and demanding .. then down the canal the canoe must go ...

one thing lacking! ... the lightning strikes! ..the pen goes down! ... and the written is what it is .. "virgin" :))
such a powerful ending sir!
E.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Delmar Cooper

9 Years Ago

After the fact I started to go back and correct the typo, then I thought "What the hell, it fits the.. read more
Einstein Noodle

9 Years Ago

:) ..........



Reviews

Awesome piece that really demonstrates how frustrating the fruits of our labours can become.
It's serious but I feel it has a light bit of humour in its tone.


Posted 9 Years Ago


Matching Socks

9 Years Ago

Haha!! I just read E's review! Ignore my message. :)
Delmar Cooper

9 Years Ago

Thanks for reading and your comment. My policy is that when you can't possible figure out what to w.. read more
Matching Socks

9 Years Ago

You're welcome. :)
For some - well, I believe it (your above), but for a few nah...The thought is there and the fingertips race and race attempting to catch up ...will they? Can they? Try and try - faster and faster until... period.

Some of us don't change a thing because it was what we want AS we wanted it. As for the thought - each is earned by a mind's perception (even if just run amok) of a now to express. I don't always "see" a woman WHEN I "see" her. And the flavor of the sky radiates as a mind bends its vision from within.

I like tasting your "skies".

Chris

Posted 9 Years Ago


Delmar Cooper

9 Years Ago

I understand the racing fingers concept. I believe Coleridge's story about awakening from a dream w.. read more
no need taking your coat off and getting comfortable with endings. "When the rain is gone can
you say you enjoy the journey, or do you have to live a lifetime to take in the stories"
Louis Borgo wrote in his poem "The Man of The Poet". In poetry (and I don't write prose
for this very reason) getting thru is getting thru. Revision on prolongs the inevitable.

"Once upon a time", is a concept born in another's netherworld.....I believe in you Delmar.....dana

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Delmar Cooper

9 Years Ago

Thank you reading and thanks for taking the time to comment.
If only more writers would take this to heart; you can argue that there are no great writers, just great revisers. The notion of revision as a competition among "nasty feral beasts only one of which shall live" sounds unappetizing, yet it captures pitch-perfectly what effective revision must be--ruthless, cold-blooded, a process which leaves the unworthy dead and the too-prim virgins in its wake. Bravo, sir, bravo.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Delmar Cooper

9 Years Ago

I am glad you found time to read and comment. I have had well wishers read something of mine and as.. read more
ouch .. big big ouch! :) well ... i love this Delmar .. for sure! ... who can not relate??! .. wondering about the edit of your title?? is it Fruistration ?? or Frustration .. ;)

anyway .. such an agony of creation in writing .. your poem takes me all the way thru .. that star of sperm penetration ... growing and demanding .. then down the canal the canoe must go ...

one thing lacking! ... the lightning strikes! ..the pen goes down! ... and the written is what it is .. "virgin" :))
such a powerful ending sir!
E.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Delmar Cooper

9 Years Ago

After the fact I started to go back and correct the typo, then I thought "What the hell, it fits the.. read more
Einstein Noodle

9 Years Ago

:) ..........

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

581 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 26, 2015
Last Updated on March 26, 2015

Author

Delmar Cooper
Delmar Cooper

Trussville, AL



About
I write- a little. I don't write to reinvent the wheel, or discover fire. I just drag along from sentence to sentence hoping for a spark. more..

Writing