Lucifer and I

Lucifer and I

A Story by Succubi

 

                I know your dirty little secret, and I’ll keep it if you tell me what it is. Do not be afraid child; open your world and your soul to me. I can promise you many things, but heed this warning, I cannot promise you happiness. This world is strange, yet so profound; it used to be an isle of beauty, a magnificent creation of God, but after the era of Christ, its fate was put in the hands of men. It was not trusted, but it was given; and in return this world has become a decaying concrete jungle.

                “There is no pleasure, only pain
                                We have stripped away the purity
           And tainted what was clean
                           With blood, gold and venom.”

                A poet’s heart is a wicked heart, ignorant or wise, it is still evil in my eyes. It speaks of evil, and sees evil at its highest. It is a witch that unravels the dark forces of this world, and morphs them into words that humans can understand. Poetry is the portal from this physical creation to the darker heavens, or brighter hells. It is the savior of men, and the castrators of beasts; it’s magic and wonders does terrible things to me. I despise it with such strong scorn.


                “There is no clarity…
                                Only the incoherent speak
           As the mountains of rubble fall…
                           Crushing the weak, devaluing nations”

                So child, whisper into my ear, what you have been trying to hold back for so long. Such catharsis; and such sweet release will truly set you free my dear. Shame is a curse upon men, have no shame when you speak to me, I will not judge you at all; I am not capable of such feats. My only and sole purpose is to give you a peace of mind, isn’t that what you have been longing for?

                “A monument is pressed, against the great barriers
                                The idols of Hell have been unearthed, they have wings
           Scraping against the kingdom’s decaying interiors
                           A satyr’s lonely song of despair and melancholy sings”

                It is best, for you to sign yourself over, or else I will sign you to the world. Remember, I know your secrets, and what you do not want your friends, your families, and even your God to know. Surrender yourself, surrender your soul. And remember, your worthless rhetoric will not save you.

                “What this world has seen, is a paradigm of broken hopes and dreams
                                An image of sorrow gapes upon us all, as we bid farewell to this world.”


…Tell my secrets, tell it to the world. The truth will set me free, and in due time, it shall set this world free to…

© 2009 Succubi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very chilling; so much darkness and passion into this, it made me want to keep reading. Wonderfully written. Awesome job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


How are you only fifteen? This was very profound, and not in a phony pretentious way. You've got a real talent. I'd go find myself an agent if I were you.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Ohh...I like this! The interaction with Lucifer is purely chilling to the bone, and so very accurate. I really like how descriptive the dialog within your story is....I believe that adds to the chilling nature of the work. Excellent job! Honestly, One of my personal favorites.

Posted 14 Years Ago


............
Remember, I know your secrets, and what you do not want your friends, your families, and even your God to know. Surrender yourself, surrender your soul.
............
Isn't that how he always wins?
Guilt. Shame. Isolation.
His weapons of choice, so precise and damaging.

This is hauntingly accurate.
Very well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


"One word will feed the world."

This is a fascinating piece. Since the time he had the ear of the Christ in the desert, never has his message been so in depth and intense. Brilliant. Brilliant. Brilliant. Upon the wing we go. Kudos.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"the world has become a decaying concrete jungle". Sadly, how true this is! Personally, I link this "decay", with a general moral decline in modern societies. Anyway, it is quite a powerful piece of writing. When I saw the first line or so, I started to wonder if this was going to turn into one of those predictable pieces, simply intended to shock or offend. But, no! this writing is actually thought-provoking, and quite well written. I wondered, if you had considered using this as the prelude to a longer story? Or, as an epilogue, perhaps?

The lines are written, almost as a series of riddles. Some of which, actually seem to rhyme in places? Even the ending has true meaning, with emotive lines such as, "What this world has seen, is a paradigm of broken hopes and dreams". Sadly, another bitter truth. Great writing, Succubi! Thankyou!

Posted 14 Years Ago


A very dark piece of writing, i liked it

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

403 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on August 7, 2009

Author

Succubi
Succubi

Portland



About
My name is Jennifer. I am fifteen years old and I am inspired to be a poet, novelist, songwriter. I play the electric guitar and hope to start a band one day with my music and lyrics. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..