Chapter 3: From London With Love

Chapter 3: From London With Love

A Chapter by Denise

 "We're going to London?!" Shon asked looking at his brother and sister in total confusion.

 

 "Yeah, Shon. Don't you wanna go see your little brother and sister after all these years? With them, we can sart bringing this family back together," Jennifer said placing her hand on his shoulder.

 

 "But we just got home and I want Sam to teach me some more moves."

 

 "I'll still teach you a lot more, but right now we're gonna need your help to get the twins, and find mom and dad," Sam said.

 

 Shon looked at them both. They were right. His family had been broken apart for too long and it was time for them to all be together again.

 

 "Alright, I'm in."

 

 "That's what I'm talkin' about! Pack your things- we're leavin' in an hour," Sam said walking out the front door to his car.

 

 Sam and Jennifer both ran upstairs to pack their bags for another adventure, but this time with the help of their big brother. They packed whatever they could fit into a few suitcases and a duffle bag.

 

 "Hey Jen, what about the dogs? We leave them at home everytime we go on away. Don't you think we should take them with us this time?" Shon asked seeing that the dogs were waiting by the door.

 

 Jennifer thought about it for a minute, then said, "Yeah, we can take them, but hurry and pack them a few things. We have to go."

 

 Shon ran to the hall closet of the north wing of the house where they kept all the dog supplies and grabbed whatever he could fit into the bag. He opened the front door and the dogs ran out to Sam's car. Shon locked the door behind him and put his bags in the trunk. He looked in the car and saw that the dogs had took up the entire back seat.

 

 "Where am I suppose to sit?" Shon asked.

 

 "I guess you'll have to fly," Sam said.

 

 "All the way to London?"

 

 "To the airport, hothead."

 

 "Great," Shon said sarcastically slamming the car door.

 

 He took off toward the sky and was suddenly out of sight.

 

 Sam and Jennifer zoomed down the backroads of Denver. He let the top down on the all-black convertible and the sun's warm rays beat down upon them as the wind blew through their hair. Jennifer hadn't felt this free in a very long time.

 

 After an hour or so, the siblings had arrived at an air landing. There was an all-black, sleek jet with an elderly man standing by it dressed in a pilot's uniform waving at them. As Sam and Jennifer got their bags out of the trunk, Shon soon came falling out of the sky and landed on a luggage cart.

 

 "What happened?!" Jennifer asked as she ran over to her brother who was lying helplessly on top of the bags.

 

 "I don't know. I think I hit a plane trying to find the airport," Shon replied rubbing the top of his head.

 

 They all walked over to the jet and handed their bags to the pilot.

 

 "Shon. Jennifer. This is Isaac. He's been the family jet pilot before we were even born."

 

 "This guy is old as-," Shon whispered to Jennifer before she elbowed him in his side.

 

 "I haven't seen you two since you were yay high," Isaac said as he gestured their height in the olden days. "Come this way. I'll have you to London in no time."

 

 Sam took a hold of the dogs leashes and guided them aboard the jet. Shon and Jennifer looked around the inside of the jet and were completely amazed by its beauty. There were plush, baige leather couches, a full kitchen stocked with all types of snacks and drinks, two flat-screen televisions at the front and back of the jet, and a small bedroom equipped with a queen size bed and a bathroom.

 

 "Wow. This is nice," Jennifer said as she sat down next to Old Jack who was taking a sip of water out of his bowl. Shon sat down on the couch across from her.

 

 "I knew you would like it. I just got it a few weeks ago," Sam said as he grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. "It's actually mom and dad's. They bought it about two years ago."

 

 "How do you know that? Have you been talking with them? Where are they?" Shon asked these questions excitedly. Jennifer turned her body toward Sam awaiting an answer.

 

 "No, I haven't talked to them since I went off to college. I got a phone call from Isaac telling me to come to the airport. And that's when he told me that mom and dad sent the jet. How long has it been since you two talked to them?" Sam replied.

 

 "It's been so long I can't even remember," Jennifer said as she tried to stand up, but was jerked back down by the movement of the jet. They had been up in the air for a few hours now, but it only felt like several minutes.

 

 A few hours later, the siblings found themselves fast asleep. Jennifer woke up and lifted her head to look out the jet's circle shaped window. She saw the Fridmar Damm and other historical buildings. It was absolutely gorgeous. Minutes after the jet had landed at the London Heathrow Airport, they were in a SUV Sam rented for the time being, cruising the streets of one of the most beautiful cities in the UK.

 

 "So how old are the twins now?" Jennifer asked.

 

 "Umm...I think their about 6 now," Sam replied not sure of his answer.

 

 "I wonder if they'll even recognize us. What if Grandma Evelyn doesn't remember who we are?" Jennifer asked frightengly.

 

 "She will- don't worry about it, Jen. We're gonna be alright," Sam said placing his hand on her shoulder.

 

 They reached the great estate of their grandmother's castle and waited for the gaurds to let them in.

 

 "How may I help you?" the first gaurd asked approaching Sam's window.

 

 "We're here to see our grandmother, Evelyn Fireice," Sam replied.

 

 "The Queen doesn't have any other grandchildren besides Prince Jay and Princess Jammie."

 

 "You see, she doesn't talk about us very much, but I'm her oldest grandson Sam and these two are--"

 

 "Like I said before, Queen Evelyn has no other grandchildren. So leave the premises or I'll have to treat you like a threat."

 

 Sam, filled with frustration, got out of the car and began arguing with the gaurd. Another guard came over to calm both of them down, but there was no stopping it. Jennifer and Shon sat watching from inside the car with total dismay- they didn't know what to do. Suddenly, the gates opened and out came a distinct voice from the call box.

 

 "Proceed forward," the voice box said.

 

 Sam backed away from the gaurds and got back into the car, driving into the estate as the gates closed behind them.

 

 "Are you crazy, Sam?! You coulda got us thrown out of London!" Jennifer exclaimed.

 

 "Chill out. We got in, didn't we?" Sam said. Jennifer rolled her eyes.

 

 They pulled up in front of their grandmother's castle and got out of the car. It was beautifully built, resembling the castles you would see in midieval movies or on tv shows. There were lushful gardens surrounding the estate and a waterfall with glistining figures of fire and ice uniting as one. Their were gaurds and security cameras everywhere. They walked up the stone staircase to the front doors and they opened up to a lavishly decorated foyer. There was art on the ceiling and showcased in expensive frames on the walls. The furniture looked like it was straight off a magazine cover. It was breath-taking. The three of them, with the dogs following, were escorted upstairs to what appeared to be their grandmother's office.

 

 "Is this place amazing, or what?" Jennifer asked.

 

 "Yeah. It's nothing like I remember," Sam said taking a seat behind the desk.

 

 "You've been here before?" Shon asked sitting across from him.

 

 "It was a long time ago. You both came too; you were just too young to remember. I was about twelve or thirteen. Mom and dad had to go on an assignment so they left us here for about a month. We were treated like royalty," Sam said leaning back in the chair placing his feet on the desk.

 

 Jennifer didn't have words; how could she not remember the one time she spent with Sam or her grandmother?

 

 They waited in the room for a little while longer, and finally the door opened. Sam quickly jumped from his seat and ran from behind the desk. In walked a beautiful, elderly, woman wearing a hand sewn one-of-a-kind gown, and a diamond studded crown. It was their grandmother, Evelyn.

 

 They were completely stunned. She looked just like their father.

 

 "Hi. I'm your grandmother," Evelyn said with a warm smile.

 

 They all looked at her in dismay. They couldn't believe that they were in her presence after so many years of not really knowing who she was besides a few pictures they saw in their family photo albums.

 

 "Oh, you probably don't remember me. That's okay, I--" Evelyn said before the three of them ran into their grandmother's arms and began to hug her with tears streaming down their faces. Evelyn wrapped her arms around them crying along with them as well.

 

 "I missed you all so much," Evelyn said.

 

 "We missed you too, Grandma Evelyn," Shon said.

 

 "Aww, just call me Grandma Evy."

 

 "Grandma Evy."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2012 Denise


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe




Author

Denise
Denise

Orlando, FL



About
sexy,love basketball,outgoing,love shopping,love to be with family&friends more..

Writing