The balance of the earth

The balance of the earth

A Poem by Abd-afeez
"

This is an era of absolute war between good and evil, how shall we restore earth's value?

"

Earth, a magnificent globe, that house the wonderful human kind; for ages there had been this war between two supernatural lords that has been placing the balance of earth on hang. However, you wouldn't understand until you see;

'' 'Do you know how godly it feels? Well, to know, you'll have to get on the lambent palm of an angel to enjoy a jolly ride like i am. We descended through an atmosphere of varying thickness, my subtle self sticking tightly to the angel's palm. I wouldn't expect you to be ridiculed, am not human and am visiting earth on a mission. My name is good, a disciple of this angel on whose palm i finally land on earth. I watched as my master sparkled a good bye in the air and flew back to the kingdom of the immortals above.
I've been thought the nature of humanity and hence sent here to be an ambassador of humanity. I decided to tour the earth and was dazed by the eye catching beauties that spread its expanse. I wasn't but conclusive that this is truly a place to find 'good'. I began my search afterwards, for my own disciples on earth. My targets being those among men that have got a conscience; Together, we are destined to create an earth of good, where every human lives for the betterment of earth,  reign of peace and rain of blessing, an abundance of kindness and exemplary sense of leadership taking a dominant toll on earth. But yet, as Eden as i plan to make earth, i have yet to make any notable impact. It is a pity and it makes me very sad.'

'I make a complete measure of life; your existence without me is ineffective, unappreciative. Though the signs and wonders behind me are terrific; I cause blushes, I effect bruises, I make men toil, I make women soil and I'm still the fear in children's thoughts. Even in the world of fantasy, you still find me scary. I come to existence for a familiar purpose, to make a world tour, gather my disciple and bring them to a lack luster destination. Some of you call me ugly, many a time beast, but I never get hurt by those names because my destined name is evil. My nature is black; my habitat is wild but I am cool in weird imaginations. The creator bountifully endowed me that I can turn things around in milliseconds, thus getting bestowed with larger disciples and having a huge share of life beauties. I never regret my purpose of existence.'

'Fate wouldn't smile on me, if evil still lurks on earth. Obviously, my mission on earth seems far beyond making sure every man carries out good wills. Instead it is more of fighting evil, as fancy and glamorous an earth i propose to build is. I discovered men with untainted conscience are rare. Evil always find a way to crawl into the souls of human and snatch their conscience away from my grab. I wouldn't get to know why they couldn't get to look at his fire-fiery eyes and see he is up to no good. But why would they let him hang his shawl of servitude around their neck and be slaves to what deserve to nest in hell and not on earth? I couldn't get a suitable answer to the question. So as it stands, my disciple are very few as compared to that of evil, plus I daily lose men to evil as he yet crept upon their souls. My eternal enemy seems to be winning this war, I begin to wonder what has been wrong with human conscience? Why would they be pleased with playing their balls into the hands of doom? I so much fear for the future of men.'

'I'm Evil, the subject with the largest disciple. Men boast with mission and vision, not at the expense of my survival. My Creator has endowed me with the zeal to govern; I'm determined and strong willed, not just a mere opportunist. My disciples flock after me because I catch their fancies with goodies of life. I create scenes and master mind emotions for the sake of wrecking man down. I over rule and subdue them to fear and anger as I wish. As people play their cards my own way, it makes me ridicule the existence of my blood brother; Good--I cut his wings, damage his legs and make him crawl, these effect how hazardous I can be to a disciple that chooses to reject my offer. I laugh when you cry; I'm full of joy when you choose to be sad. All these you don't have to wonder, because future is not my watchword and never existed in my code of conduct.' ''

So on whose side are you? Have you got a conscience? If you haven't, then you should know you are on evils'. Only when good wins this war can earth restore its balance. However, he needs our every helps. Do you however have what it takes to stay loyal and carry out good’s wills without prejudice? Do you? Let all live for good so as to help restore earth's balance.

 

© 2012 Abd-afeez


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i pray this writing comes effectual. Man is primordially so ardent to dine at the ravishing table of the i-see-peril-in-your-eyes' evil. And his heart is as indigent and indolent as to get enticed with petties. May God help man

Posted 11 Years Ago


Abd-afeez

11 Years Ago

exactly, we so much need God's help. thanks for your comment
hayzed

11 Years Ago

Much love, much accolade

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

440 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 14, 2012
Last Updated on December 14, 2012
Tags: evil, good, devil, angels, suffer, peace.

Author

Abd-afeez
Abd-afeez

Ibadan, Nigeria



About
Am just so creative and prolific. Am from south western nigeria. And am currently studying biochemistry. i really love the science world. Here you see a piece of ink on paper and on it you see result .. more..

Writing