Something is Missing

Something is Missing

A Story by DenyceMarie
"

Something I wrote back in Sophmore year.

"

            I can feel the heat on my face while I tell you my favorite part of the day, holding your hand. Simple, some may say, but after what happened, it was far from it. It was like feeling the sun again after a cold winter. Like, the end of a long battle. I couldn’t breathe for fear that I’d wake up from this dream. My heart raced as if it was the first time I ever touched your skin to mine. That never ending hole, where my pumping heart used to be, was then filled in. The organ skipping beats, scared to lose feeling of life, of utter flawlessness, that is you. And, as you let go, I was unsure what to do. The complexity of the situation arose in my mind. So, I smiled because I acknowledged how lucky I was at that very moment in time. Later, you had to depart from me, back to reality. You and me, we hugged, not awkwardly, but a simple goodbye. Then, I took a chance to peer at your eyes, who were beautiful in brown and coated in green. We, both, realized the want, but did not act upon it. You asked for a high-five and I shook my head, ready to cry. I ran my small fingers through my chocolate hair, screamed in my mind, and watched as your tall figured walked away. When you were out of sight, I closed my eyes and told myself that everything would eventually be alright. But, I can feel this weakness in my moves, a sadness in even my inner voice, and an indescribable empty patch, like something is missing. 

© 2012 DenyceMarie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
Added on August 12, 2012
Last Updated on August 12, 2012
Tags: love, want, desire, romance, heartbreak, empty, feelings

Author

DenyceMarie
DenyceMarie

CT



About
I'm 18 yer old college girl :] more..

Writing