End of the Road

End of the Road

A Story by DepressedRaven
"

This is another depressing story, don't read if you don't like depressing.

"
In this tainted world there was a single boy; Mika Darius Samuel, he had a hard life. His parents had split up when he was six, his father loved him very much and took him in until the great tragedy. It was his big tenth birthday when his dad was killed by a robber, all for the money in his wallet... Without his father the boy was sent to his mom, who could care less about him. She acted like he wasn't there. Growing up he didn't know why she hated him so, he asked once and she replied. "You were a mistake, you aren't worth it." Those words haunted him through his life. Going through his years in middle school and elementary the kids didn't have anything to do with him. They thought he had a bad reputation because of the words that were spread about his mom. Their parents knocking lies into their kids' heads all to simply downcast a small flame that was going out. Most of the time he was bullied by others, being called ugly names and being pushed away from the world. Forming up a cold icey barrier around him, Darius promised to never let anyone enter into his barrier. Yet that promise was broken. In high school there came a girl; Ashton Jolán Bailey. The first day Jolán pestered Darius finding out his name at the end. Darius found Jolán  was a presentiment little pest, though as the days of his Freshman year went on he found that they were talking more often, he was actually opening up for her. An emotion was going in him, the feeling of love towards her. She had a soft easy life, her parents were middle-class people who loved her. She got whatever she wanted, pretty, and smart. Wrapping up Freshman year Darius asked her to be with him. The people from his school called them "The noble and peasant." It was clear that he and her were opposite, it was clear to him that there was a high risk of her caving under the pressure. Though throughout high school they stayed together. Relationship growing stronger, and the love rooting deeper. They had special nicknames for each other, like Jolán  was Joe-Joe the lion and Darius was Mika-Kun. The relationship felt like it was endless, Darius grew attached to her, since she was the only person he let pass into his ice barrier. After high school lots of things changed. Darius moved out of the house from his verbally abusive mom, and found another home, plus a job. Her parents had money so they sent her off to a good college out-of-state. While Darius stayed put indulging in a cheaper college that was closer towards home. Having a part-time job, and college made it challenging to talk to her over the phone. Many nights he went back to his small studio like home and went to bed, just to start the day all over again.  They stayed together, however 'strong' wasn't taking part. Once she moved back from her six-year college, he and her meet one again. Things have changed, she had changed. Being together didn't spark like it used to back in high school. Soon the text messages and calls were growing smaller, fights more apparent between them, her attitude changing dramatically. Being so he still loved her and whatever happened he was always there to help. As the fights grew more aggressive one day she lashed out in a rage stating "You leave me alone." And that was all it took. He did what she said and left her alone, growing once again cold inside. From studies and books Darius knew maybe getting a pet would help him feel less lonely. He got a medium-sized dog and named him Marvel. Three times a day Darius walked Marvel, those long walks gave Darius time to think and be left alone from the fights and arguments that were rising between him and his love. It was becoming clear that what he loved about her was only a memory, and now...now he only loved what she used to be. It was Jolán's birthday and he wanted to do something nice for her, so he went to the store-bought some flowers and another special thing. When he confronted her to give her the gifts she threw them down and told him "He was a mistake, and he wasn't worth it." The damage was done than. Darius left in a rush of tears. His heart had been broken by the one person he let into his world. Going back to his apartment building he wrote a note and attached it to his dog's collar. Walking the dog like usual he took the dog a bit further than usual and strapped its leash to a tree. "Be good for me, okay? You're the last part of me." Walking towards the road he had made sure to wear dark colors for this moment in his life. Depression fueled him, words blocked out his senses. Walking out into the road all he could do was wait patiently... And the next thing he knew was his body was being flung into the air before violently crushed into the asphalt. Screams, car doors slamming. All he could hear, though the person who came to his side wasn't what he expected. It was her.. "JoeJoe...I love you.." He mumbled before shutting his eyes forever.  Turns out Jolán was going to another man's house guilt was what hit her. She had caused this and his downfall. The barking of his dog caused her to leave his side for a few seconds. The note attached to Marvel's collar said. "Hello, I'm the last memory of Mika Darius Samuel. Please take care of me, or at least give me a home that could love me. Darius loved me very much and I helped him through a lot of depression."  Untying the dog she put Marvel into her car before sitting down beside Darius' body stroking his forehead waiting for the medics to get there and tell her what she already knew. He was dead because of her selfish acts... 

© 2015 DepressedRaven


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on July 27, 2015
Last Updated on July 27, 2015
Tags: Depressing, love, romance, failure, death, suicide