Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Deranger762
"

Not the full thing at the moment. Just looking for deciding if this is a worthy piece to pursue.

"

Chase! Chase run!

What the hell is going on? Who’s there? Show yourself!

AAARRRRGGGGHHH

Spinning around I saw an utter nightmare. Whatever it was it scared the hell out of me. Standing on two legs it seemed massive. 7 or 8 feet tall and its arms dragged the ground. I’m no small guy and this thing towered over me. It was covered in long black fur and the smell, Oh God the smell! It was at least 20 feet away and I could smell the thing like it was in my face. The thing had the face of a wolf, but it was so much worse. Long snout with tusks protruding from both lips. It had two sets of glowing red eyes and even though it was the dead of night I knew whatever it was it could see me. I could see its ears twitching and its nose working to see if I was good enough prey.

It looked like something out of monster flick, but its looks were not what scariest part. It seemed to be sizing me up; as if it was strategizing. Frozen in fear all I could do was wait. Then the unexpected happened; this thing spoke!

                You are the last of the chosen! My master will reward me greatly for bringing him your head!

With a guttural howl, it charged at me. Broken was my fear and I sprinted back down the alley I had come down. No way was I going to outrun this thing. He was already gaining on me. My only hope was to out think it. Turning into a nearby door I thought I could buy myself sometime because no way could he fit in here. Not looking back, I sprinted up the stairs of the warehouse. Hearing another howl, this time one of confusion, I was in the clear… Or at least I hoped.

Finding myself on the roof there was no sign of my attacker. Where the hell had this thing gone? It couldn’t have just disappeared could it? Leaning back against one of the air conditioning units I tried catching my breath. No matter how much I worked out my damned lungs couldn’t function well enough. I was born with a defect that kept me from being able to properly breathe during exertion. Thank God I was able to hold on long enough to get away from that beast. What the hell was going on? Why was this thing after me? Who the hell is master and why am I chosen? With everything swimming in my head I failed to notice that something else was on the roof with me….

                Ccccchhhossssen. Why don’t you turn around sssssssso I can sssssssssee you.

Turning around fear took on a whole new meaning. What stood behind me could only be seen in mythology, or at least I thought. A woman stood before me. Well the upper half of a woman. She was beautiful. She was draped in a sheer with it being thin enough to leave little to imagination. Her face seemed to be etched from marble. Everything was perfection. Well Almost perfection. Her nose was smashed flat, only being slits in the middle of her face. And her eyes; they were the embodiment of fear. They were the color of fresh wheat. They were so much larger than normal human eyes. And when she blinked her eyelids closed the wrong way. In the dark I couldn’t be sure, but her hair seemed to move as if it was alive.

Her face is only a decoy to mask the real terror. Her lower half was that of a snake. Stretching out 6 feet she slithered herself to sit right in front of me.

                Ccccchhhossssen, why do you hide from me sssssso? All I want to do isssssss play!

With the speed of a viper’s strike her hands were around my neck. Squeezing the life from my body there was no way I could break her hold. With one last breath I tried to scream….

                Chase! Chase! Wake up Chase!!!

And everything went black.



© 2013 Deranger762


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on October 8, 2013
Last Updated on October 8, 2013


Author

Deranger762
Deranger762

About
University student. English major. Looking to test out some stories. more..

Writing