Tried, found guilty ((2))

Tried, found guilty ((2))

A Chapter by KatieKatBar

        I stood in line waiting my turn for the disgusting food they were serving in the cafeteria. As my turn approached I looked at my choices, Chili, Hamburgers with no meat... And some kind of odd shaped steak. Today, I was going to be cautious.

       “Steak please.” I told the woman.

       “You don’t look like the prison type.” The woman commented.

       “Yeah, because I didn’t do anything.” I grumbled to myself. I walked away with my tray to an empty table in the corner. I picked at the steak and looked up to see a girl with blonde hair. She looked so much like Jessica I could hardly believe it.

       “Hi!” Her perky voice sounded. I felt like my eardrums had just given their final try on survival. I looked up at her.

       “Hey.” I said back, looking back down at my food.

       “I know how to get you out. But he costs a lot of money.” The girl said.

       “Oh really now, and with that are you gonna start calling me Little Murderer?” I asked.

       “NO! Who would call a person that!? Anyway, im Samantha. What’s your name?”

       “Emma, Emma Baker.” I responded. Samantha sat down with me.

       “His name is Robert Flint, the best lawyer in Manhattan. He even got the worst criminal alive out, Andrew Keystone. Remember him?” I nodded. “I thought so, yeah, he can surely get you out. But the only catch is the fact that he costs a total of $300,000 dollars to get. He’s full of himself.” Samantha laughed.

       “Okay, you do not seem like you should be in here. What in the world could a girl as nice as you do to society?” I asked her, she laughed then gave a straight face.

       “I stole an apple from McGovern farm.” She cracked up laughing. “No, I robbed the same bank, twice. Took it to court, plead not guilty, found myself here after I fought with the judge.” She smiled. My eyes widened.

       “Well that’s nice.” I got up and walked back to my cell, inside I picked up the journal and began writing.

       Dear Journal,

 

        Met a girl today, looks to much like Jessica to become friends. To close of friends, because what is gonna happen is, im gonna become really close friends with her, and then.. she dies. It happened with Jessica, and two of my other friends moved. Its gonna happen to Samantha if I come to close. I haven’t seen to many guys around here. But I’ve seen a few. Doesn’t mean there aren’t any though. Who knows who ill find in this landfill.

 

Emma



© 2009 KatieKatBar


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on November 30, 2009
Last Updated on December 1, 2009