Water

Water

A Story by Despereaux
"

My recount on the primal element water.

"
          Water, earth, air, and fire. The four basic elements of Earth and all organic life as we know it. Every energy aware human has an element that they are naturally attuned to, one which they can draw energy from more naturally and easily than others. There is a phrase said where someone is said to be “out of their element” i.e. in an unfamiliar situation. It is only when humans ground themselves in their respective elements and with Gaia that they can truly be at peace in the present moment.

            Water is the fundamental necessity of life. All organic life as humans know requires water to survive. The majority of a human’s body is made of water, after all, and humans cannot live long without water to sustain themselves. However, water carries a huge power behind it that many are not aware of, flowing water especially.

            As with everything in the idea of spirituality, there are many different opinions on why water carries energy within it. Some say that it is due to the charged particles housed in the minerals within the water. ~~Other examples? ~~. By definition, flowing water carries (kinetic) energy with it. I do not know if humans draw upon the kinetic energy or some other form of energy within the water.

            Water is powerful. In some of the most basic science classes you learn about erosion, most of which is done by water, be it over an incredulous time period. Between rain, the ocean tide, waves, and rivers, water has the power to destroy all. Throughout all of recorded history, there have been records of humans being terrified of water. Whether this is an innate instinct or not I do not know. All seafaring humans have a deep respect for, even a fear of, the sea, for its power, its bounty, and as a means of transportation. A single simple mountain stream can form huge crevasses in its wake given sufficient time. Water is powerful.

            Water is life. Through all of human history, they have settled near rivers, oceans, lakes, and seas. The sea provides water for drinking, food, and a means of transportation. It was only since the invention of irrigation that humans were able to settle further inland. Following that was one of the most vital inventions of modern life: indoor plumbing. Without water, humans would be hopeless, helpless, and dead. Humans often take water for granted, polluting and contaminating rivers, lakes, seas, and oceans. Their capricious disregard for nature will be the downfall of the Earth. Water is life.

            Water is calming. There is something nearly hypnotizing about flowing water. Even stagnant water can carry an inherent beauty. An amazing tourist attraction are the Niagara Falls. When I visited it was awe-inspiring. Its power was like something I’ve never experienced before. Yet even behind its roaring thunder, I found peace within the crashing water. The rhythm of water is repetitive, but has the most subtle variation behind it. You can sit at a creek for hours and never hear the same exact repeated pattern within its trickling flow. I often have the sounds of a creek flowing through my ears to calm and ground me. The visual of flowing water is also just as calming as the rhythmic sound. The way it parts through ever obstacle determined to reach its destination gives a certain form of inspiration. I could lie in a creek for hours just feeling the flow of water around my skin. Water is calming.

            Water is soothing. Humans are incubated in water. There are many therapies that involve the use of water to soothe the mind and ease the skin. They soak in hot tubs and take bubble baths and use bath bombs. Many see it as an escape where they can get away from everything else in the world and everything that is troubling them, when in reality it is much more than that. It removes the impurities in their skin, absorbs their negative energies, as well as a slew of other things unbeknownst to me. When I am in water, I am at peace. Water is soothing.

            Water is mysterious. It is unknown for a fact how water formed on Earth, or any planet for that matter. It is believed that comets and asteroids that carried ice and crashed into earth deposited the vital element into her embrace. However it got here, we should be thankful for the entropic nature of the universe that allowed the water to arrive here. Many children like to watch raindrops fall on windows, eager to see which path the drop will take and which drops it will absorb on its way down. Water has a pattern, yet it does not. All that is known is that it will take all measures to reach its downhill destination. Water is mysterious.

            Water is vital. If I had not found my element, I would be hopelessly lost. When I first discovered my element through introspective realization, I was able to become more whole. A large piece of my soul that had fractured out of my body returned to me. I had always been free and at home in water, swimming is one of my favorite activities. The feel of water on my skin is revitalizing, natural water (not irrigated) even more so. I often take long showers just to feel the water rushing over my skin. If I had not found my element, I would be hopelessly lost. Water is vital.

            Water is only one fourth of the basic elements of all known creation. There are many alchemy games that have you create all of Earth’s life and objects, man-made and nature constructed, from just the four basic elements of water, earth, air, and fire. Even though it makes up but one fourth of all known creation, it is extremely vital to the survival of life. Little is known about its true nature and being, but what is known is that it is necessary.

© 2016 Despereaux


Author's Note

Despereaux
This is spiritual and my own experiences and opinions with the element. Writing style, syntax and semantics, word choice, etc. critique would be well appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on October 27, 2016
Last Updated on October 27, 2016
Tags: spirituality, water, energy, new age, philosophy

Author

Despereaux
Despereaux

Writing
My Love My Love

A Story by Despereaux


Roommates Roommates

A Story by Despereaux