Letting Go

Letting Go

A Story by Despereaux
"

These are the stages of letting go of up to a lifetime of pent-up pain and anger that I've noticed many people go through., especially myself. These are things that people must go through in order to

"

            The very basis of the continuation of being lies within healing. Souls can become fractured and broken during their life on Earth via trauma and abuse. Once these souls become broken, they are self-insufficient in their daily life. Healing is possible by the broken individual, but it is much easier with the aid of a helper or a healer. One part of emotional healing is letting go of what’s been holding the person back, events in the past that have hurt and left deep scars. I have noticed that there are a few definitive stages of this form of healing.

            1.  Acknowledgement: Everyone has problems, but most are blissfully unaware of them. Some people lock away their pain deep inside their brain to avoid the impact on their daily life. Although this helps with the present, this inhibits the soul’s potential. Therefore, the problem or damage must be acknowledged by the afflicted in order to start the healing process. Once this becomes identified, the healing begins. 

            The second stage is difficult to breach. Many people have been angry, but that is often a surface anger. This is not the pure rage the human has for themselves or others that must be loosed. There is a threshold that must be passed in order to unlock this anger, and often the individual needs a catalyst, or a force to physically push them over the edge. At this point, the rage is tapped into.

            2. Anger/Grief: These two stages are concurrent or alternating. Oftentimes the tears immediately precede the rage, but these two emotions are one and the same in this moment of the process. The anger must be released safely, lest it re-enters the body and the progress reverts. Different people release anger differently, however this is the deepest anger imaginable. Often, the anger is directed at the very essence of the human; they hate their very existence and everything they stand for. I have found that a way to divert the anger is to not hate themselves but to hate the world for forging them into the broken individual they are. Once the hate for the self has been fixed, the soul can then begin to love.

            3. Release: The key aspect of the healing process is releasing the thoughts and anger that are holding them back in the first place. Again, this must be done healthily and safely so as not to damage the individual. Punching, yelling, writing their thoughts and burning the page, or exercise are all valid tactics. But the anger must come out. The rage will flow through the person’s veins and must be channeled out of the body and dissipated. The human’s element can be a vital repository for their anger as nature has a large capacity for energy and is very receptive of all types. Once the rage calms, the next stage begins.

4. Processing: At this moment the individual must think on their rage and why they are truly angry. The banished thoughts are now at the forefront of their mind and the thinking begins. This is true introspection and a way to realign how they view the world and themselves. Mostly, the hate for oneself must be either vanquished or redirected. Once the individual no longer holds resentment for themselves, they can become at peace with who they truly are. Once their thoughts are realigned and truly acknowledge the true source of their anger, the next stage can begin. However, the culmination of the final stage can take years to achieve.

5. Acceptance: Memories can never be forgotten, that is simply a fact of the brain, and they will always flash in the brain time and again. The only way to truly let go of the past is to either accept their memories as in the past or merely change how they affect them. Acceptance is truly the hardest stage in the emotional healing process as the individual must coexist with their past in a benign manner. There will always be times when the bad memories come to the forefront of the brain and must be processed, but eventually the reaction will be negligible.

Letting go of the past is the most important process in which the individual becomes their true self. After the trauma has been reconciled, the emotional stability returns, they no longer hate themselves, and begin to become whole. Most importantly, the person can truly love again. Love, which is the most beautiful and pure facet of existence and a fundamental desire of the soul. While not all humans outwardly desire love, the soul hungers for it. While emotional healing is not necessarily energetic in nature, it still is a process that unlocks the person’s true self and potential.

© 2016 Despereaux


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
Added on November 24, 2016
Last Updated on November 24, 2016
Tags: healing, spirituality, emotions

Author

Despereaux
Despereaux

Writing
My Love My Love

A Story by Despereaux


Roommates Roommates

A Story by Despereaux