Flying or falling.

Flying or falling.

A Story by Destiny Nicole
"

When you think your going to fail, you will. No matter what anyone else may think or how crazy people might think you are, believe in yourself and you will fly.

"
On A rainy day, a girl was walking down a sidewalk, lost. She had no idea how long she'd been walking and no idea where exactly she was going. She didn't know much of the world but what she did know is that she wanted everything to be different. She wanted to stop walking but could not. She vowed she'd keep walking until she reached a better tomorrow. But, one day she came across a cliff. Off her path she walked to investigate the cliff. She peeked her head over and saw how far down it was. For the first time in a long time, she felt something. Excitement, adrenalin, she felt alive. Not because she had any intention on jumping, but because she saw something in the distance. She was the sun setting over clear blue water. The water was so clear it looked the sun was setting into the water while keeping its flames. It was the most beautiful thing she'd ever saw. She stood still and she stared until suddenly, she felt herself moving closer to this beautiful sight. Not paying attention to anything but the sight in front of her, her body began to feel like it was floating.  She loved the feeling so she didn't think twice about why she felt like she was floating and why she was floating towards the sun. Before she got too close, she panicked. Her mind began to race and she became scared. At the very first moment of fear she feel. Falling 100ft down. As her body came closer to contact with the water, she quickly wonders, "was I flying? Why did I fall?" The cold from the water cut her skin as she slammed into the freezing cold water. Her bones shattered and skin felt like a million needles were piercing through it. It was the most painful experience of her life. She couldn't resurface and began to sink even further down. As she was sinking, she opened her eyes and saw the sun through the clear water. She also saw that the sun setting into the water and it was amazing because it still kept its flame. It was fascinating. Suddenly an arm grabbed her by her waist and she began to move closer to the surface of the water. While she was surfacing she passed out. When she opened her eyes and she was in the hospital. As she looked around the room she saw a man. Before she could speak he noticed her eyes on him and walked over to her. 
"Are you crazy or something or some kind of suicide case?" He asked. 
"No, how come you're asking me this?" 
"I saw you walk off a cliff." 
"No, I flew. I was flying to the sun." Confused by her statement, he decided to go with what she was saying to try and figure out what she was thinking. 
"How did you start to fly?"
"I dont know. But, when I saw the sun and how it was setting into the ocean I just started floating towards it." 
"Why did you fall?" The man asked. She thought back to the very moment she fell from the sky and said, 
"I wondered why I wasn't falling, then I fell."

© 2014 Destiny Nicole


Author's Note

Destiny Nicole
What Does this say to you?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very interesting. I like the idea that the only thing holding us back is the fact that we believe that something is holding us back. We can do anything we set our minds do, as long as we believe that we can overcome the limitations. I have definitely found that to be true in my life (maybe flying / floating is a little out of the question), and I know that anything and everything is possible. But then we question it and we wonder why we haven't failed... and that's when we fall.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Destiny Nicole

9 Years Ago

Thank you Justin, thats exactly the point I was trying to make. Personally I believe that we as huma.. read more



Reviews

These are the kind of stories I like, simple but with deep meanings. There are moments where you can feel invincible until something happens and brings us back to truth. Thanks for sharing this work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Very interesting. I like the idea that the only thing holding us back is the fact that we believe that something is holding us back. We can do anything we set our minds do, as long as we believe that we can overcome the limitations. I have definitely found that to be true in my life (maybe flying / floating is a little out of the question), and I know that anything and everything is possible. But then we question it and we wonder why we haven't failed... and that's when we fall.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Destiny Nicole

9 Years Ago

Thank you Justin, thats exactly the point I was trying to make. Personally I believe that we as huma.. read more
We all go through those stages...A splendid write...:).................

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

Nope. Mystery things...lol.......................
Destiny Nicole

10 Years Ago

lol I don't like mysteries.
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

:)...........................

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 12, 2014
Last Updated on February 12, 2014

Author

Destiny Nicole
Destiny Nicole

Los Angeles , CA



About
I've been writing since I was thirteen and I've been hooked on it ever since. Writing is my truest purest love. Writing never betrayed me, writing was and is always there for me and writing kept me al.. more..

Writing