Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Cthulu Stole My Narrative Mode!

Cthulu Stole My Narrative Mode!

A Chapter by Detective Watts

I made my way through the dark, dusty halls of Arkham Manor when, suddenly, the author changed the novel into a third-person narrative.

“My first person narrative” said The Protagonist

“Ruined, all for the sick pleasure of your readers”

“Yes” The Narrator said as he shattered the fourth wall

“Now you are doomed, doomed to life as merely a protagonist.”

Suddenly, the Narrator’s powers where sucked from him and into the dark, slavering jaws of me, Cthulu; The Creeping Chaos.

The pathetic human and puny narrator ran out of Arkham Manor, fleeing from my Eldritch Magiks, but it was too late. Insanity had been seeded in their puny minds and it was only a matter of time before they returned to serve The Old Ones.

 

“I see the horrors of infinity, my mind is shattered, everywhere fire burns” the puny human protagonist screamed

“The pain, it’s to much” said the pathetic narrator before impaling himself of the rusted fence that surrounded Arkham Manor. The pathetic protagonist’s brain burst open and unexplainable abominations leapt forth and feasted on his fleshy corpse.

 

To Be Continued, some time probably



© 2010 Detective Watts


Author's Note

Detective Watts
This got tons of views because of the name.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

That was really interesting! A new experiment huh? Nice :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


It is pretty silly, but the second perspective change was unexpected and well done. Try making a longer, more serious story with this style, it has some potential I think.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very interesting experimental piece. The shift from first to third person was handled quite well, in my opinion.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

310 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 21, 2010
Last Updated on November 28, 2010


Author

Detective Watts
Detective Watts

Wollongong, NSW, Australia



About
I can now be found -------------------------------------------------------------- http://www.writerscafe.org/Lincoln%20Bey -------------------------------------------------------------- ^^^^.. more..

Writing