Batman dream

Batman dream

A Story by DETHRAE
"

I think I was Batman...otherwise watching the fight :P This all came from a dream I had on a regular night.

"
Batman took another blow to the head. The Joker chuckled at the superhero's defeat. Batman is somehow without weapons and gadgets, and his strength declined with every offensive or defensive action. With the last of his energy, he decides to retreat, grappling onto a building and swinging across Abhorrent Lake. In the lake there are glimpses of the 'sea monsters' that inhabit the body of murky water, and remains of their food: limbs and organs of mammals...including humans.
On the other side, Batman dropped at an abandoned crash site, quickly hiding in a totaled airplane. He checked his wounds, breathing heavily, actually scared for his life in fear of the clownish villain. Batman felt a sense of refuge, then passed out on a seat.

When did I psych in? How could the Joker beat me? This would not have happened if I joined him. What does he want, and what will he achieve by defeating me? Will he even kill me?


These questions were thought up quickly in his unconscious mind during rest. However, there is no time to answer them. The Joker's shot startled Batman. He then taunted verbally, but Batman is too impaired to care what was said. On the move- no, run again, forced by death, Batman escaped unseen away from the site. He sprinted grievously onto the lake's boardwalk, where the fellow pedestrians watch in caring awe. They shouted his name and tried to tend to Gotham City's hero, which guided the Joker to him by ear.

Batman must be oblivious to his helpers, as the taunting villain, the soon-to-be victor, nears. The Joker pushed the pedestrians away and targets Batman, who staggeringly walked in the opposite direction like a shot deer using the best of its energy to run away from the man with a gun. Batman grappled to a building when the Joker fired his weapon. Batman falls.

My life, my loved ones, this very city I protect...

The sea monsters bob and moan gauntly, for food and purpose to live. The Joker dragged Batman's body to the edge of the lake, dropping him in after a spiteful and ominous adieu.

© 2011 DETHRAE


Author's Note

DETHRAE
R- Wouldn't the pedestrians fight the Joker? No, in fear he'd shoot one of them.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

169 Views
Added on October 17, 2011
Last Updated on October 17, 2011

Author

DETHRAE
DETHRAE

PA



About
I decided to post on this site because of easy-to-use publishing and the community. Hopefully I get some reviews/feedback, still I don't know exactly what I'll be posting here.. more..

Writing
Fish Wars Fish Wars

A Story by DETHRAE