The end of  story I will never write.

The end of story I will never write.

A Story by Odette

He reached out and touched my hand. I tried to savour his touch, trying to make this moment last forever. But in no time he pulled away and turned from me. I couldn’t move but I needed to, he was leaving, leaving without me, without his other half.
“Matthew” I cried reaching out my hand, praying that somehow he would stop and change his mind.
“Baby you know I have to go” He was looking at me sympathetically. Then the tears started. For once I didn’t want to cry, I wanted to prove to him that I could survive, that I could manage without him. He walked towards me and pulled me into him, pulled me into a hug that I swear I couldn’t live without. As I leaned into him I made the most of the moment. I breathed in his sent and stroked his hair. He sighed. “I am going to miss you more than I have missed anyone in my whole life.” He whispered into my ear.
“Matt, you don’t have to go, we can be together forever.”
“We will be, just in our hearts as that is the closest we will ever be.”
My hands dropped from him. I could feel my insides falling apart, then I realised, I couldn’t live without him not for a second. “Don’t leave me Matt; I can’t survive on my own.”
“Of course you can baby, of course you can. Just remember me forever and keep me in your heart.”
“You have my heart Matthew”
“And you have mine, so then I am always with you” He stroked my hair and kissed me for the last time. “I love you” I murmured.
“As do I love you with all my heart, with my entire world, you are my life.” I saw a tear fall from his eye as he turned to go. I couldn’t bear to be here anymore, not without him. He stepped onto the train and waved. I somehow managed a small wave back before the train started pulling out of the station. I collapsed. What was my point in life now, once he had gone? I don’t think I had one.

Dear Matthew
On your departure I realised what my life was without you. It was nothing. I had no reason for existing. The pain in my heart was so strong; I don’t think I had any other choice. You can’t possibly imagine how I felt seeing you leave, knowing that I never would see you again, and knowing that I could never love a man with the same amount of passion. When I met you, you willed me to survive, but now that you are gone, I have no will left, no hope, and no desire to survive. So please understand why I have done what I have done. By the time you will read this, I will be gone, gone from this world. You are the only one who has ever loved me, so for that I am truly grateful, I shall save you a spot in heaven right with me, but don’t come to soon enjoy your life like I never could without you. And remember; take care of my heart, because it is easily broken. Matt I love you with all my might and I’ll be waiting for you, waiting to see you again.


Dear Rose In heaven
How could you do this to me? How could you leave me when you know that you are my life? The moments I spend with you were the happiest memories of my life. But you know what bugs me the most? Was that when I got your letter overseas, I didn’t open it, but I went straight to the phone and booked one plane ticket back to you. It wasn’t until I reached your house that I read your letter. Rose I was coming back to be with you, because I couldn’t bear to live my life without you. I was imagining what your reaction would be when you opened the door and saw me. But instead, after reading your letter on your front porch I had to call the ambulance to come and get your body. I want to hide away, I want to leave this place and go somewhere where I can cry all day in peace. I have considered doing what you did many times recently, but as you know I don’t believe in heaven and I know that if I stay alive at least I can still have your heart and photos of you. Why did you do this when you knew I loved you more than everyone I have ever loved put together? My world is over and I have no point to life. What should I do? Where should I go? I need you more than anything. Why can’t you be here with my right now? Why can’t we be sitting by my fire talking about the future? So somewhere in heaven, because that is where you are because you always believed in that, I send this heartfelt letter, and I also send news that you were right, your heart is easily broken and when it does break it breaks beyond repair.

© 2011 Odette


Author's Note

Odette
Please review, I would like to know if I should write the whole book.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Anchor it a little more; give more detail of the setting. Your description, etc, seems okay. A book? You mean, expanding this story, or continuing it?

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
1 Review
Added on January 3, 2011
Last Updated on June 6, 2011