Confrontation

Confrontation

A Chapter by Jophiel
"

In this passage, the Archangels are met with Belial, the main antagonist. Belial attempts to take the city of Jerusalem, and so the group stands in his way. They cannot win, and they know this.

"
And they stood there. The three of them, their backs against the city they loved so dearly. Jerusalem. They would protect this city, even if it meant giving their own lives. And it did. Their deaths were mere moments away. They knew this, but it didn’t stop them. None of them even hesitated at the thought. Three of them; Samael, Uriel, and Nuriel. They knew each other well. They had fought together, traveled together, loved together, lost together, weeped together. Each had a story, but these stories meant nothing now. Just something to think about on a warm summer night, under a thousand stars, each their own beacons of hope. But there would be no summer nights. They would die. And that was because in front of them stood Belial. Satan in his purest form. Come to overthrow the Light and kill anyone that stood in his way. They stood in his way. Belial would kill them, or they would kill him. Any other options were just glimmers of lost hope, something you wished for but knew would never transpire, never in a million of those summer nights they dreamed about. The point of no return had come, and they gladly stepped forward. They would fight to the death, and few would see the next sunrise. No godly powers could stop this. It was just them and him. Three vigilantes thinking that they had a chance against the God of Death. No one could save them. But they had hope. They had each other. They knew one another, they knew each other’s strengths and weaknesses. Belial had only himself. But he would fight, and he would end them. Even Samael’s conviction, Uriel’s vast knowledge, and Nuriel’s burning passion could not stop Belial. They would try, but to no avail. This would be the end of them. This would be the end of the Archangels.


© 2017 Jophiel


Author's Note

Jophiel
ignore absence of indentation

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on September 22, 2017
Last Updated on September 22, 2017


Author

Jophiel
Jophiel

Columbus, OH



About
I am thinking about writing a book titled "Archangels." I joined this website to share passages from what I have written so far and gather feedback. Feel free to provide criticism, I am new to recreat.. more..

Writing
Sheol Sheol

A Story by Jophiel


The Scapegoat The Scapegoat

A Story by Jophiel


Forewarning Forewarning

A Story by Jophiel