Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by DevilInTheFlesh

That day wasn't suppose to happen. That day was the beginning of unraveling horrors in her life, but she was so young.  To mark the date, May 15, 2002. A family of three were casually boarding their way to California, one of them was a young-looking female girl of six years. She was a thin child with dark brown hair, passing for almost a chestnut brown, with icy blue eyes. Her name is Skye Watson. Skye was desperately searching inside her travel bag for her I-pod, yes, a six year-old like her has an I-pod. Of course she doesn't know how to use it without her mom's guidance, in fact, the I-pod belonged to her mom.  
 
 
Skye was only privileged with one since her mother already had an I-phone. "Mommy, I can't find it!" Skye whined. "Sweetie, it's probably in all that jumbled mess you packed since you were such a hurry to rush." Her mother was a tall woman with long chestnut/brown hair reaching pat her waist, pale skin, full pink lips, and icy blue eyes. It's safe to say that Skye gets her looks mostly from her mother. Her mother, Mariah, was a kind, caring woman. Despite this, she's not afraid to lash out any of her anger a shown when the divorce came along. 
 
She was cussing, screaming, breaking things, and drinking because the man that had been engaged to her since high school, was cheating behind her back with some bimbo with the IQ of a chimpanzee, yet was smart enough to pay the bills, graduate from Harvard, stay off drugs,and not sell her body. Even though her husband apologized countless times, sending flowers and candy, Mariah called him an unreliable b*****d. 
 
 
Ethan, Skye's father, was deeply sorry. One rainy day, he came practically begging for Mariah to take him back, he wanted to start over. Mariah sadly cast one glance at him. Ethan was a 6'7'' man with ragged, dark hair, blue-grey eyes, and a faded goatee. He was very muscular with sharp features. His looks were the reason she fell for him, mainly because he made her laugh. Mariah gave him a cold no, telling him that there was no way in hell that he would ever see his children again. Skye was only two days old, her older brother Chris, was only one, yet remembered that day. 
 
 
Ethan drove off, never to be seen again, Before the ink could even dry on the divorce papers, Ethan died that day, from a head on collision with a drunk truck driver. Mariah was at the scene, along with a one-year-old Chris, when she heard those sirens pierce through her ears that cold rainy day. Mariah was on her knees, crying. After how he wronged her, she still cared for him. She kept mumbling how she didn't mean to, that it wasn't her fault. The woman he was cheating on that day, committed suicide a year later.  
 
Their reason for going to California was so that they could escape New York, that held too many memories. Also to enjoy the summer with her children. Its been more than six years since Ethan's death or so. Mariah never got remarried, yet that didn't stop men from giving her occasional glances. She was beautiful. Skye wanted to look just like her when she grew up.  
 
"Chris! C'mon!" Chris was seven-years-old, the spinning image of his father. He had a bored expression on his face. "Mommy, I can't find it! Help me find it!" 
"Can't you do anything by yourself? You are so annoying Skylar."  
 
"Leave your sister alone, she's just a year younger than you. She's still learning things. Here you go sweetheart." Skye grasped her forest green I-pod and smiled. "When's our plane coming, I'm hungry."  
 
"You're always hungry Skye. I'm surprised you're not fat, then again, you need the pounds anyway." Chris snickered, keeping his eyes locked only on his PSp. Skye frowned, turning her back on him. "Why do you always pick on me Chris? DO you get pleasure out of all of this to make me miserable?"  
 
Skye asked, crossing her arms over her chest. "Yes and yes little sister. Go drink some milk, you want your boobies to grow don't you?"  
 
"That's disgusting."  
 
Skye's attention was drawn to a cage. She was very fond of animals and and skipped merrily over. A small pup looked at her, wagging his tail. "Ahh, I love puppies. You're so cute, who's your owner you adorable you? You're so cute. Oh my goodness, you're so cute. I wish I had a pet like you. My name's Skye."  
 
 "Little girls shouldn't wander off by themselves." Skye jumped at the voice, looking up a tall, young boy of seventeen years with short, messy dark hair that covered his eyes, full, light pink lips with two piercings at the left side of them. He was lean built, wearing a black man's tank top, and baggy jeans. "Umm..." Skye shies away from the boy.  
 
"You're kinda cute, what's your name girly?"  
 
"Umm...  Skye Watson.." Skye twiddled her thumbs. The boy had her nervous. Though she was only a child he was very beautiful to her. His voice was like crushed velvet and he smelled nice. If she were much more older and wiser, she would have described him as more than just cute and that he smelled nice.  
 
"UmmSkye Watson? What kind of a name is that?"  
 
"Just Skye."  
 
"Cool. My name's Aiden. Where's your mommy little girl?"  
 
 "She's getting me and my brother some food while we're waiting for our plane to California for our summer vacation." 
 
"Summer vacation? That sounds alright. You sound adorable." 
  
 "Thank you. I'm not allowed to talk to strangers." 
   
"I'm not a stranger. I'm not a fat, balding, middle-aged man now am I? I'm not touching you inappropriately, I'm not gawking all over your body, since there's nothing there to look at." 
 
 
Skye blushed scarlet. "You're just like my brother. Someday I'm going to be very pretty, but you'll be too old to see me. In fact, I doubt I'll ever see you again." Skye said, smiling at Aiden. She liked talking to this boy. Though her mom was always telling her to not talk to strangers because they could be rapist, looking for only one thing. Sure Skye wanted to break the conversation so that she wouldn't become the next Amber Alert, but her brother was to busy with his head in his PSP, not bothering to check where she was.   
   
 
"Well, I'm going to California to girly," Aiden said, kneeling down in front of her. "Maybe we'll see each other on the plane. And your right, I'll be an adult, while you're a teenager. I'm sure you'll be very beautiful or ugly depending on what your mother looks like." 
 
He held her back so that she wouldn't kick him, instead she reached for his neck, grabbing his necklace. "You sure do get angry easily shorty. I'll see ya later Skye." He ruffled her hair, laughing as he walked away. "That jerk Aiden. Who does he think he is calling me ugly and flat chested? I hate him." She looked in the palm of her hand. "Hey! Wait, your necklace!" "Keep it! That way you'll remember kiddo!"  
 
 
"SKYE! GET OVER HERE RIGHT NOW!!" Chris yelled at a dazed Skye, who had also heard their plane called out. She waved goodbye to the doggy and skipped over to her brother. "Where were you? Mom almost bit my head off when she realized that I wasn't watching you and I also saw you talking to that dog. What's up with that?"
 
"Stop lecturing me! He happens to be a very nice boy. He was picking on me just like you do. Other than that, he's nice. I couldn't see his eyes."  
 
 "What are you talking about? Dogs can't talk." Chris rolled his eyes at her.  
 
 
"I wasn't talking about the dog, I was talking to this big guy. He was talking to me. "  
 
 "I did see that guy, but he wasn't talking to you. You were talking the whole time he couldn't get a sentence in." 
 
"Nuh-Uh, he was talking to me. I promise." Skye argued.  
 
"His lips weren't even moving Skye. I SAW you both and you were quacking like a duck. He wasn't talking to you at all. Then he ruffled your hair and left." 
 
Skye was growing impatient. "I hear YOUR VOICE Skye, not his. Now C'MON. Mom's waiting for us." He turned his back on her as she followed him. Skye knew he was talking to her. That boy. ' I know I heard his voice. Chris is just a butt head.'  Skye opened her fist and gazed at the cross. It took her a moment to realize that it was a locket. It must have been handled with care because it was shown to be brown, but now a bright copper red.  
 
 
' Did he really want me to keep this? It could hold some meaning to him. But I know this has meaning to him. I can't get it open.' Skye investigated the back of it. 'It's engraved. It says... 1651. What does that mean?'   
 
"Skye! Wake up! Stop slowing yourself down!" Chris yelled at her clearly annoyed. Their mother was tapping her foot as Skye finally boarded their plane.  
 
****** 
3 hours later 
******* 
 
"Are we there yet?"  
 
"No." 
 
"Are we there yet?" 
 
"No." 
 
"Are we there yet?' 
 
"No." 
 
"Are we there yet?" 
 
"No." 
 
"Are we there yet?" 
 
"No." 
 
"Are we-
  
"Damn-it Skye! Just shut up!!!"  
 
"Chris, watch your mouth!" His mother glared at him. Skye sat in her lap, poking her tongue out at Chris. Mariah was looking tired after their flight. Chris was playing his PSP, of course. Skye was looking for  that boy, hoping that she would have the chance to talk to him again. He was nowhere in sight. She couldn't just go to the back and ask for him. That was when she felt the plane shake. People began to panic.   
 
 "Mommy, what's going on?" Skye asked. Everything just went so fast. "Don't panic!! Please fasten your seat belts!!"  
 
 "Hold on, I got you both!" Skye's mother cried.  
  

Suddenly, the front of the plane burst into flames. Blood curdling screams pierced Skye's ears, of those that were being burned to death. A pice of the roof crashed in the rear back of the plane, which was nose diving into a ocean. Correction, the ground while they were 2,000 feet in the air! Skye was crying uncontrollably. The plane split in two, increasing the clock of a thousand lost lives.  
 
"I DON'T WANNA DIE!!!! MOMMY!!! CHRIS!!! SOMEBODY HELP ME!!"  Skye screamed.  
 
 The next thing she knew, she had a perfectly good view of the ground when her skull kissed it, then there was absolute darkness. Over 200 people died that day. No one knew that this was going to be the last time they ever had the chance to breathe on earth. What happened was a huge horror; a sick joke that Death planned out, but has no other plans. Ws it really Death? No. The pilot was too busy snorting up coke and get this: He didn't have a license, a result of all those poor innocent lives taken in just in that short amount of time. All in that one moment. All because of one person.


© 2010 DevilInTheFlesh


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Argh! Why did you kill the kids! Argh! I need to find out more!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
1 Review
Added on September 12, 2010
Last Updated on September 12, 2010


Author

DevilInTheFlesh
DevilInTheFlesh

Ozark, AL



About
The only thing you should know about me is my name and what I write . more..

Writing