The Ghost August 2017: A Tree For Witches

The Ghost August 2017: A Tree For Witches

A Screenplay by Daniel Rodriguez
"

A serial killer who uses fire, and a victim unlike any other. Can Rick Hart aka The Ghost and his new ally use their powers to get justice? Find Out!

"
The Ghost August Issue 2017
A Tree for Witches
By Daniel Rodriguez
Ghost: I hear voices. They tell me to do things. They cry out for vengeance and justice. Only I can answer their call. The dead must find rest. They shall be avenged. I am "The Ghost".
Announcer: The Ghost! 
FX: Wind
Announcer: Fighting for the supernatural, defying those who would take advantage of spirits, and keeping the boundaries safe. When the dead can't speak! 
(Music; something mystical)
Announcer: Born able to communicate with the dead, Rick Hart, Private Eye, has established an agency secretly dedicated to serving those who passed and keeping balance in the two worlds. Should there be a murder most foul, should there be a grave threat to the powers that be. Then prepare for an otherworldly encounter with The Ghost!
FX: Clock counting down the time till it rings midnight. 
Announcer: The fates have set. The time has come for the fantastic mystery of paranormal proportions. A Tree for Witches. Brought to you comercial free by LunaSense
Silence
Girl: Please…
Girl 2: You don’t have to do this.
Octavia: We don’t want to die.
Fade In Music: Gothic Religious Piano
Man: And he sent his angels to this world to curse and strike down the demons who did their masters bidding.
Girl: Make this stop!
Octavia: We did nothing wrong now let us go.
Man: Do not listen to them and their lies. They will lie to keep you victims to their spells.
Octavia: Lies!
Man: They fester upon their lies so they can spread their evil masters bidding. Evil in all its forms and it must be struck down. Without any level of mercy, there is not one good iota among them. That is why they are witches. Worshipers of the dark arts!
Girl: I know nothing of witchcraft.
Man: Look at them! Hear them! Do not be swayed by their foul demonic wit. They will say they are humans but I tell you now they are wolves, the worst kind in sheeps clothing and they wish to eat the entire flock. But that will not happen if we look to the Sheppard. For he is the true way and salvation! 
Girls: (Whimpering) 
Man: When you see a witch you tie their hands. You bind their feet and you do not give them a chance to repent. 
Girl 2: I am sorry I am a witch! Let me go!
FX: Wood being dropped.
Octavia: You cant tell me you are actually going to…
Man: You look them in the eye and say, “Witch! Witch, I know you! Witch I know your evil. And the only thing that will cleanse you is fire! Fire from the one above to smite you! Anything else is too good for you!”
FX: Lighter clicking.
Octavia: No don’t. Please don’t. 
FX: fwip
Girl 2: Mmmm.
FX: fwip
Girl 1: mmmm. Mmmm!
Octavia: I curse you.
Man: And then you know what must be done!
Octavia: I curse you with every fiber of my being. I call upon the great spirits that rest in this church! Thogh I am about to die. I will take you with me. You will not know sleep. You will not know warmth and comfort. Your body will slowly rot from inside and we three shall be avenged. 
FX: Fwip.
FX: Lighter opens.
Octavia: Mmmm. Mmmm…
Man: Burn them all my child. Go forth and burn.
FX: Fire igniting. 
Man: Go forth…and burn them all.
Dramatic music.
Fade out
Malina: So Rick, I see you are reading the paper.
Rick: No better way to start the work week than with the first edition of the paper.
Malina: You mean you are starting the week by reading what happened Sunday. Any good Monday stories will either be on the radio or in tomorrows paper. Seriously, any fun stories on the weekend?
Rick: Well if you want to get super technical the first day of the week is Sunday. So I have done nothing wrong.
Malina: You are evading the question.
Rick: Well my dear departed sister, I was actually reading the funnies?
Malina: Now that is funny.
Rick: Well here is one!
Malina: The fat cat?
Rick: No. It is the serial killer.
Malina: You mean the arsonist?
Rick: Aparently he has struck again. They found the unknown remains of three girls at the West Church down main road. 
Malina: How terrible.
Rick: The mayor is said to be holding a press rally later today. I will believe that when I see it. Lately the newest scandal has been keeping the mayor inside. 
Malina: Maybe the scandal is not as serious as the wave of charred corpses being found in churches, hospitals and schools. 
Rick: You may have a point with that. But this will bring the death count up to, I think…
Malina: fifteen right?
Rick: Says here sixteen. 
Malina: Do you think the great Ghost will see some action?
Rick: I have a feeling that me and my alter ego might soon be called upon to move in and swiftly. 
Malina: And for private detective Rick Hart?
FX: Knocking on door
Rick: Come in.
FX: Door opens.
Linda: Hey boss.
Rick: Linda, come in. Do we have any clients?
Linda: No it is a slow day however my best friend is going to be taking me on a trip to see the hair dresser later on and I am wondering what you think would be the best look on me?
Malina: This is a trap Rick. No right answer. Do not engage in this battle.
Rick: Shh.
Linda: Huh?
Rick: I mean, sh…shooot. I can’t think what kind of hairstyle would best improve your facial features. 
Linda: Like how?
Rick: I mean I agree you should see a hair stylist to feel confident?
:Linda: Was that a question?
Rick: Your self esteem is very important to me so do what you can to make yourself look worthy.
Linda: Worthy?
Rick: Obviously with the way you are now, you don’t have confidence if you need to see one. 
Malina: Rick, just shut up. Shut up while you are six feet deep in this conversation.
Linda: Are you calling me ugly?
Rick: No.
Linda: Shallow then? 
Rick: You just have bouts of low self esteem I noticed and I support you fixing that.
Linda: My self esteem is not a problem.
Rick: I am happy for you…
Malina: Stop.
Rick: That you see this hair dresser with your friend..
Malina: I know she cant hear me but you can, don’t.
Rick: And get a new look.
Silence
Malina: She is going to kill you one day. You know this. I know how your life ends and we meet up in the after life, it is all by her hand.
Linda: Mr. Hart. I am going to… oh…
Rick: Oh?
Linda: The paper.
Rick: Yeah, you been keeping up with the scandal in cirty hall?
Linda: No, not that, the serial arsonist struck again.
Rick: Yeah. I was just…
Linda: Three months its been right?
Rick: It has been that long?
Linda: That short, to get such a high body count in such a short time…Rick?
Rick: Yeah Linda?
Linda: How many bodies on this?
Rick: Total is now up to sixteen.
Linda: Those poor girls. And have they identified any of them?
Rick: Unfortunately last nights group, not yet. Any personal effects did not seem to be on them. 
Linda: No leads?
Rick: None that the police have, they have begun asking for requests from the likes of the FBI and profilers. 
FX: chair moving.
Linda: Getting up sir?
Rick: I think I am going for a round of coffee at the café next door. Linda, hold my calls. 
Malina: Want me to tag along?
Rick: Gonna just sit this one for awhile.
FX: Walking.
Background Sounds: Pedestrians.
Waiter: And will that be all mister Hart?
Rick: Just the coffee thanks.(pause) Moments like these are so rare. I cant help but wonder what kind of individual would just murder with fire left and right, in such a brisk and brash pace. 
FX: Sips. 
Rick: That’s the spot. I wonder what could be done about this case. 
Malina: Brother I found you!
Rick: Over here! 
Malina: Sorry to interupt your alone time. I know you kind of rarely get it. 
Rick: No problem.
Malina: Anywho we have a new case. And I think you might like this.
Rick: So who is our spirit friend on this adventure?
Octavia: I am right here sir.
Rick: Oh. You snuck up on me. I’d offer you a chair but… public and all that.
Octavia: My name is Octavia Longrove.
Rick: Nice to meet you miss…
Octavia: Just call me Octavia.
Rick: And what…
Octavia: Let me just get this out now. I am a witch. Was being the key word. 
Rick: A what?
Octavia: Cauldruns, eyes of newts. The fun stuff. Chanting words backwards. That was another fun one.
Rick: You are joking?
Octavia: Not in the slightest. I am also one of the victims of that little horrid display last night at what I could best assume was a church.
Rick: The fire.
Octavia: Yes. You see, sometimes I like to make normal apearances, and other times, I like to hang out with what I call my alternative friends. They are my group of friends where I can just let myself go and be my fun self. 
Rick: So your coven?
Octavia: I don’t have a coven! I am all the power I need for my magic. No. They are just innocent girls that like to try too hard to be different sometimes but they accept me as me. They don’t make judgements and they enjoy some of the little fun trinkets I can conjur. 
Rick: sounds fun.
Octavia: it was until we were ambushed and blindfolded and dragged into a van. 
Rick: How did they do that?
Octavia: Just the one. On us before we knew what happened. I think a weapon was used. We woke up in what looked like a church and this horrid tape was playing.
Rick: A tape?
Octavia: It was like a bad sermon, only the man wouldn’t shut up.
Rick: What can you tell us about the man?
Octavia: No. You misunderstand, it wasn’t a man who did this. The man was just a voice playing over the sound system but he wasn’t actually there. It was a recording. But I did see who did this. My blindfold came off during. 
Rick: And the fire?
Octavia: I just guess she didn’t care if we saw her face or not during the last moments. She looked me in the eye as the fire began to take me. I didn’t see pleasure though. I would have thought a smile would sweep that face of hers. It was as if she wanted to ask a question. And then rage. She looked angry and then she just turned around as I cursed her.
Malina: Wait. You cursed her?
Octavia: I was in too much pain to remember any incantations or spells but I promised immortal punishment be placed upon her. 
Rick: That could be a very powerful spell. You have to be careful. 
Octavia: I was going to die, what would one black spell do?
Rick: You want me to be your revenge is what you are saying?
Octavia: You are The Ghost, the local legendary supernatural being are you not?
Malina: He is a mortal who wears a mask and a hat and calls it The Ghost, yes.
Octavia: You have supernatural abilities, I mean you can talk to me, you must have others. 
Rick: Yes. I can sense spirits in multiple ways, I can force cursed ones to pass on, and I can grant my power to see the land of the dead to others, more often with a hefty price on their end. You see, the average persons mind is not designed for the strength and energy that a spirit can possess. Said individual is likely to lose their mind entirely within seconds or minutes. 
Octavia: I want you to destroy her. Can you do that for me?
Rick: I will avenge you, and I will get this person who did this to you and to the others. I promise.
Dramatic music. 
Fade out. 
Fade Into.
Background Music: Church 
Priest: Thank you for coming.
FX: Walking.
Malina: I hope coming back to the scene of your death isn’t too weird.
Octavia: I have seen weirder. But yes, this is not as fun as I would have thought. 
Malina: Fun?
Octavia: On the trail of my own killer, I would have thought there would definitely be a rush to this.
Rick: Not often, no.
Octavia: That is where we were burned. 
Malina: Most of this is made out of stone, the fire really did not wreck the havoc I would have thought on this cathedral. 
Rick: The police seemed to have closed most of this place off. I Hope they don’t mind me poking around over here. 
Det. Thomas: Rick, is that you? Why am I not surprised that you are jumping on this?
Rick: I am only surprised that I didn’t jump sooner. So, Detective Thomas, you have the place no longer on lockdown?
Det. Thomas: It is a crimse scene alright but the darn padre is telling me that now that we secured all the evidence that he be allowed to tend to his flock. 
Rick: And you agreed?
Det. Thomas: I may not seem to religious but I know that everyone deserves a place to pray, it is just very inconvenient to me.
Rick: How so if you have already filed away all the evidence?
Det. Thomas: The feeling of the crime still lingers and to leave it like that, and reopen to the public…
Rick: You feel like you are closing part of the case without it being complete.
Det. Thomas: Exactly. Now with the FBI, I got hoops to jump through.
Rick: Is that the priest right there?
Det. Thomas: Don’t go sniffing too much into this, you are only a private detective! By the way, who hired you this time? We don’t have many identifications of the victims, we just have missing peoples reports and descriptions to go on. 
Rick: That is my business sir. 
Priest: And may He be with you.
Rick: Father.
Priest: Ah, and you are?
Rick: Rick Hart, private eye. 
Priest: Welcome to His house. And how may I be of service today?
Rick: Three girls were murdered last night. 
Priest: Such a sad thing. All we found was rotten wood and…
Rick: The corpses.
Priest: Such a shame, what was left of them.
Rick: yes, shame. But do you know anything about who they could have been or who could have done this? Do you know any detail that might strike you as small or insignificant. 
Priest: I am sorry Mr. Hart but I do not. I only know the terror and the sadness.
Malina: Ask about the preacher and the recording.
Rick: Last thing, do you know of anyone talking about burning witches or heretics? Maybe one who was an old man?
Priest: I am terribly sorry that I cannot be of any help. The answer is no.
Rick: thank you for your time.
Malina: Rick, do you see what I see?
Rick: A ghost in old clothing?
Octavia: A monk?
Malina: Excuse me sir.
Abbot: Ah! A fellow spirit!
Malina: Yes. You seem to be weaing an Abbots uniform sir.
Abbot: This church used to be a monostary, the buildings outside were once our living quarters and our farming land. 
Malina: So why are you here?
Abbot: You see, I have resigned myself to keep watch and vigil over our home. To take care of it and make sure nothing ill comes of it. 
Octavia: Something ill did come of it.
Abbot: Yes. Last night. 
Octavia: What do you know of my murder?
Abbot: It was you? I am so sorry my child. It is the way of the outside world I guess.
Rick: Outside world?
Abbot: A cruel and twisted mind that could bring darkness into gods house, that does not come from in here. Rather from someone twisted out there.
Malina: What do you know?
Abbot: I did not move forward but I heard singing after the screams had stopped. 
Malina: Singing.
Abbot: Not a song I know of. But definitely music of faith. Perhaps the wrong kind of faith. No love or blessings could follow the sacrilege of the murder of those poor children.
Rick: I think its time we go. Thank you..
Abbot: Yes sir Mr. Hart.
FX: Walking.
Cassandra: Please forgive me for if my faith is wandering. Please guide me down your path. Make me righteous and make these voices… these voices…
Rick: huh?
Malina: You coming?
Cassandra: by your will…
Malina: Whats the hold up rick?
Octavia: hmmm..
Malina: and you too?
Octavia: That’s her.
Rick: You mean?
Octavia: That pale thin face, I know it anywhere. That is the girl who killed us.
Dramatic Music.
Fade out.
Cassandra: (Humming a song)
FX: Walking.
Stops.
Cassandra: I thought I left this locked….
Ghost: You did leave it locked, but I have never been one for locked doors. 
Cassandra: I hear a voice; Show yourself.
Ghost: I followed you home. I know your crimes. And there is no where you can run to to escape me.
Cassandra: Who sent you? The dark one?
Ghost: I would not align myself to dark forces if that is what you are saying.
Cassandra: I don’t know who you are but show yourself.
Ghost: I am The Ghost!
Cassandra: Ah!
FX; Stumbling.
Cassandra: Stay back! How dare you come into my house.
Ghost: You have murdered many innocents.
Cassandra: That is what this is about?
Ghost: Can you think of any other reason why retribution would be sent your way.
Cassandra: I…I… I have done NOTHING wrong.
Ghost: You have!
Cassandra; No. No no no no no. Just no. I will not have you come into my home and tell me with your, just, theif tongued, horrid self, lies! They were evil and I was doing righteous work.
Ghost: They call me from beyond the grave.
Cassandra: Than you must be a wicked creature summoned by those tainted. Because. I …I…I am right. 
Ghost: Come close and we will see how right you are.
Cassandra: No. You come close to me, look me in the eye. And tell me Mr. Ghost, the so called guardian of this forsaken town how right your justice is when you have given yourself to the dark arts and allying yourself with…just…foul, foul like fowls, creatures. Every one was deserving of the fire.
FX: Walking.
Ghost: Okay, you can see into my eyes, tell me…
FX: Click.
FX: Door opens.
FX: Glass breaks.
FX: Liquid pours everywhere.
Cassandra: You fool. Everyone knows evil will try and follow you home. You must keep yourself vigilant. Now, burn with your infernal friends Ghost!
FX: Fire Igniting.
FX: Running away.
Malina: Rick you have to run! This place is old wood, its going to go up in seconds. 
FX: Wood falling, Ceiling breaking
Malina: The smoke, so much. Its hard to see.
Ghost: We need to get out of here. 
Malina: we all have our limits lets regroup!
FX: Running
FX: Roar of fire
Malina: Blocked… over there, a window.
FX: Walls breaking.
Ghost: This place is coming down and quick!
Malina: Just run!
FX: Running
FX: Glass breaking
FX: Slump.
Ghost: We made it. 
Malina: Well you made it, that fire wouldn’t have hurt me. 
FX: Great Collapse
Ghost: There goes the house.
Malina: You think she survived?
Ghost: That girl… she was willing to destroy everything when cornered. 
Malina: Desperate.
Ghost: No fear.
Malina: Dangerous. She is small and pale but she is a formidable opponent.
FX: walking on grass.
Malina: Looks like something survived the fire.
Ghost: What is this?
Malina: Looks like a picture of a man.
Ghost: He looks very dignified. But…I am sensing a lot of darkness coming from this photograph. Whoever this person was… a lot of malice walked alongside him.
Malina: What does he have to do with what we faced in there?
Ghost: I don’t know, not yet.
Dramatic Music. Fade out.
Man: My only daughter, how can you ever hope to lead the flock?
Cassandra: I am sorry father.
FX: Slap
Man: You are not sorry, you are just saying lies in order to stop my anger. Honor thy father! That is a commandment you have just broken for your selfish and pitiful needs. I come with the path to the afterlife and you sully my vision for you by lying and cowering your way through life.
Cassandra; I promise…
Man: You say you promise but I have not seen your faith. I have not seen you walk the line with Him by your side. You do not open yourself up to the truth and instead, you know it, but you do not embrace it.
Cassandra: I do.
Man: You broke your fast on the third day. Three days and you chose to cheat.
Cassandra; I…I was…hungry. My body was scaring me.
Man: Walk with faith and you will be able to walk on water. Many miracles have happened since the dawn of this world but you did not believe that prayer and guidance would be enough to get you through one obstical.
FX: Slap
Cassandra: I said I am sorry dad.
Man: Father! Father is a sign of respect and a title I have well earned. This filthy world is poluted and you! You have allowed yourself to be poluted with it!
FX: Bus Screams by.
Cassandra; Ah. 
FX: Bus noise fades.
Cassandra: must be my nerves. I… I believe. I believe wholy. I walk the right path. I will not falter.Father I do not know if you can hear me now that you are in paradise but I promise I will keep my vow to make this world good. Spread your word to the wicked ones. I fear my time might be coming to an end soon. But three months it has been since you passed and for three months I have gone above the work you spoke of. I will be your hand in this world while I live. That is what you wanted of me…right? I mean. yes. I mean yes..yes yes yes. 
FX: People walking by.
Cassandra; the list was completed two weeks ago. I know where my next targets lie. I shall denounce them of their blasphemy and have them tried and burned. It is the least I can do for your work before my time comes to an end. I know I am the righteous one in this…I have to be….
Det. Thomas: Sorry Rick I have nothing.
Octavia: Nothing? This was a waste of a ride Mr. Hart.
Rick; I mean we came all this way and you don’t know who this girl could be?
Det. Thomas: Matching any description? No. We don’t even have a name for her. 
Rick: What about the photo?
Det. Thomas: The old man? 
Rick: And the adress.
Det. Thomas: Well that was his house after all. So I can see why there is his picture there. But we went over every inch of that burned house and we found nothing of any girl. Zero, zilch and nada. it was his house inside and out…
Rick: But…
Det. Thomas: The man died three months ago. He tried to start an underground church in the rural county but nothing came of it. A few men and a few women for a time but they slowly just went their separate ways. We assumed the house had been once paid for by questionable funds he probably stole from his parish, but there is nothing of a girl.
Octavia: So a not so fun waste of time.
Malina: Ask about a daughter.
Rick: And we can be certain there is no daughter.
Det. Thomas: He left nothing to no one in his will, if that is his daughter, he sure acted like she never existed. Could just be some hobo who found an empty house and accidently burned it to the ground. 
Rick: You said he was religious like a cult.
Det. Thomas: Yeah.
Rick: How crazy cultish are we talking?
Det. Thomas: The usual, fire, brimstone…
Rick: And fire.
Det. Thomas: You think this has something to do with the arsonn cases?
Rick: Your perception is why you are a leading detective in this fair city of ours. 
Det. Thomas: You watch yourself Rick. We are going to catch him.
Rick: Her. And on that note im out.
Background FX: Clock ticking.
Malina: It has been over a day, and we have no idea where she could be?
Rick: So tell me lady Octavia: what got you into witchcraft?
Octavia: I never connected with my parents and I found myself looking for occultic books in the library. But it was about three years later I accidently realized I had been actively practicing and succeeding in minor spells when I had been telling myself that I was just playing a game. After that I began to just focus into growing my skills and understandings of the arts. 
Rick: And you said the girls, they were not practicing?
Octavia: As I said, they fit more with my true self. I could be Octavia of the Night with them. And they loved me. And even though I watched them model their counter culture off of other popular counter culture people, I loved them. 
Rick: How come you are the one who didn’t move on?
Malina: Rick? 
Rick: I just find it different than the norm how often it is that when three people are murdered, the ones with the biggest grudge stays behind or, the group of them do. But this case, you are our only client. Why is that?
Octavia: I promised I would stay so they could go.
Malina: You convinced them it was okay to pass on?
Octavia: Why they felt safe enough and content to I guess. 
Rick: And this is why you want that revenge so much?
Octavia: I want it because that is what I promised her. I promised her the worst kind of revenge, one that would make being burned alive worth it. Fun stuff.
FX; Door Swings open
Rick: Linda!
Linda: Rick, forget the talking to yourself you are not going to believe this!
Rick: What!?
Linda: Two girls just went missing from school. 
Dramatic music. 
Cassandra: Do…you think I should stop?
Student: Just let us go.
Cassandra: I could. I could let you go and the world would spin like I never did anything wrong. But…The first girl. She was a witch. I knew it before I met her. I always wondered if I should tell my dad and he just yelled at me for interrupting his reading as he was researching his next sermon. My dad…father…My father, he loved writing sermons. 
Student: um…were you close?
Cassandra: He wanted a son. Me coming out a girl was because my dad faltered on his beleifs for just one moment. So, his name and line would end with him. And I am just silly little Cassandra Smith of no consequence. 
Student 2: You should let us go.
Cassandra: He…you know, I killed someone because of him. And he, no he never killed anyone. He was just talk. But…I mean my father is right. Faith, you have it or you are a hypocrite and my dad was not a hypocryte he dedicated his life to walking the path. The line. You fall off the line completely you don’t get to get back on. 
Student: So are you going to let us go?
Cassandra: No. I watched that wretched soul burn. And I knew it was just. I began making a list, it took me 2 months to complete all the way through but that is how it goes sometimes. I found twenty five people, I have done the research, who are witches and worshipers of the darlk arts. I have found them. And you two, you two were both on that list. 
Student 2: What list?
Cassandra: There is a giant shell covering all the little evils and witches that are plotting together, and I am onto your game. I will not let you continue. I carry on his work. I honor the memory and the will of those who came before and I will rid this world of those wolves in sheeps clothings. That is what you two ladies are… wolves. 
Student: You don’t have…
Cassandra: to do this? Yes. It is imparative that I must. If I stop. If I stumble, then that means, I am just no one. I am a failure who knew the truth and willfully turned my head. I could never face him with my head held high. (pause) You both burn at midnight.
Dramatic Music
Malina: We have arrived at the school, are you sure about this?
Octavia: I can do tracking spells. It was one of the first things I learned how to do. As long as there is a connection to their owner and it is fresh, we should be able to narrow it down and follow the trail.
Rick: This is basicly how souls can be bound to items.
Octavia: Yes. But differently I believe. This is more physical bondage than spiritual. For example if they are dead, the trail would lead to their corpse not their wandering soul. 
Rick: Okay, this is their locker.
Malina: Sneaking into a school after hours…
Rick: The main police force is outside., we need to hurry and I don’t want to be here too long.
Octavia: I know, just give me a moment.
Malina: I am not used to spirits of witches using witch craft. I picture that more to be as an act of the living.
Octavia: Do you have that locker opening?
FX: Gears grinding.
Rick: I am trying my hardest to figure this thing out. I am not exactly a lock expert. 
Malina: If it is a mechanism, I can try. I might be able to influence the gears to open up.
FX: Unlock.
Rick: And this is why I keep you around.
Malina: Alright, Delia and Samantha. Both disappeared into a van… 
Rick: I sense this girl is behind this, whoever she is.
FX: Locker Opens
Malina: Any personal effects in there?
Rick: I see books.
Octavia: Signed by any cute boys?
Rick: No.
Octavia: Not good enough.
Malina: Looks like left over tests.
Octavia: No. that’s no fun. It has to be something more personal like…
Rick: A photo.
Octavia: Yes. That’s it, a photo!
Rick: Samantha and her family at a beach.
Octavia: That will definitely do nicely. Let me just touch it. Okay now, both of you focus on the picture and draw your energy to it.
Rick: And how do we…
Malina: Just shut up brother and do what she says.
Rick: I am used to being the one with the creepy powers.
Octavia: I beseech you, you are one with your owner. To them I ask you let me return the….
Rick: And…
Octavia: Give the spell a moment. You are so no fun at all.
Rick: Two more girls might die.
Octavia: Not with the supreme witch on the case.
Rick: And?
Octavia: And you are impatient. Okay, I am…a direction! To the car!
Malina: To the car. Oh. This might be fun.
Rick: Alright lets go.
Student: But I don’t want to die! Let me live!
Student 2: Let me live too. Please.
Cassandra: You all sound the same at the end of it. Really I, just, every single one of you, begs. Never do you not. I must begin. Ahem.
Student: But I had things I was going to do tomorrow…
Cassandra: I hereby accuse you of witchcraft and consorting with the evil one! The punishment and only cure for this horrible collusion is to be burned. 
Student: But…
Cassandra: Please…don’t interupt me. I…I need to put you on trial first. I…I can’t just kill you.
Student: Don’t…
Cassandra: I Cassandra Smith, am the witness to your witchcraft.
Student:…what witchcraft? 
Cassandra: The way you stay out late. The clothes you were in order to seduce pure men who are trying to be chaste and pure for the lord. 
Student: Because of my clothes?
Cassandra: I have seen you consort with things taboo. You do not honor your parents. You are too possessed by wickedness and wish to spread your blasphemed gospels to the good people under his congregation. 
Student 2: I had one drink.
Cassandra: Your kind murdered my father. Because of you… he died in grief. The worst kind of death that one could experience. 
FX: Lights short circuit.
Student: The lights!
Cassandra: No! No no no no no. I am such a failure. What happened to the lights!?
Student 2: Who..whose there.
Ghost: I have returned to continue our last conversation.
Octavia: I am ready. 
Student: I am untied! 
Cassandra; You wont…esc….
Student 2: Come on. We both are free..
Cassandra: Don’t leave me here…Stop
Ghost: You cant catch them. You cant stop them. 
Cassandra: I… I am such a failure.
Malina: Her guard is down, grab her. 
Cassandra: Is this how I end. You claiming your unholy…justice on me.
FX: thud.
Cassandra: I was always a failure. I couldn’t even do this right. I do everything I can, but I just don’t believe enough, why? I never asked to be so lacking. I…I…father….why…why do you hate me? I just…I cant…I cant be the son you wanted me to be. I couldn’t lead your church. You burned it to the ground and hid me in the basement like your biggest embarrassment. 
Ghost: Your father? So you are his daughter.
Cassandra: Some woman, used a spell on him and I was born. He cast her out and she…I…why. I mean, I was right there but…he said I didn’t deserve a mother. I didn’t earn that kind of love. I needed to share my love with none but the lord and my father and their will. 
Ghost: He was wrong.
Cassandra: Cant be.
Ghost: You struggle in your beleifs?
Cassandra: it is weakness. 
Ghost: You know then. The truth.
Cassandra: What? That I am a horrible monster that no parent should love. That I cant do my daughterly duties and make them proud?
Ghost: The other thing.
Cassandra: What other thing?
Ghost: Right from wrong.
Malina: Rick, she is so far broken, nothing can put her back together. 
Cassandra: I…kill…people…
Ghost: But you don’t have to.
Cassandra: Why not?
Ghost: You are free?
Cassandra: But…if I don’t do what my father wants, he will make me suffer. I will never enter…
Malina: I am going to hold you, tight.
Cassandra: I…why, do I feel this sick feeling in my stomach every time I do this. Why does it never go away. Why cant I sleep at night?
Malina: You are not a bad person. 
Cassandra: I feel a warmth, how? What is going on?
Ghost: I wont say anything.
Cassandra: (Breaks down crying) Oh god! I…I have done a bad thing. Havent I!?
Octavia: It’s all over, isn’t it?
Ghost: The police are on their way.
Cassandra: Just as well…
Ghost: You wont run?
Cassandra: No. 
Ghost: Then I will take my leave 
FX: Police Sirens growing
Fade into.
Background FX: Clock ticking.
Malina: So she didn’t put up a fight when the police arrived.
Rick: Wasn’t sure how that was going to go.
Octavia: So, you couldn’t do it.
Rick: I am sorry, I know how much you wanted to get your words in.
Octavia: We saved their lives, that was what is importance, I guess.
Rick: And she confessed and is going to jail.
Octavia: But nothing will ever be done to her outside of jail. It just doesn’t feel fair.
Rick: But the case is solved, your muderer is going to jail for along time, she is cooperating and all the names of all her victims are being released. A lot of families wioll get their tragic closure. 
Malina: And what about you Octavia. You don’t get the closure you want, are you sure you will be okay to pass on?
Octavia: I may not get what I want, but I am not going to be the type to dwell. I will move on when I am ready. Until that day, I want you to know I enjoyed watching how the local legend works his craft. Mr. Ghost, it has been a pleasure.
Rick: Call me Rick.
Octavia: I plan on refereing to you as whatever is fun at the moment. Hart, later. Malina…
Malina: Yes?
Octavia: Thank you for everything as well.
Malina: She is going, you think she will be fine?
Rick: She seems like a stubborn type but one who can set her mind on anything. When she is ready to leave this world behind I am more than sure it wont be too trying. As for the case…
Malina: Such a strange one this one.
Rick: We had a serial killer arsonist, a modern day witch hunt, an actual witch and…you were the one who saved the day.
Malina: Me?
Rick: Had you not hugged her, had she not felt a moments compassion and warmth, she might not have allowed herself the strength to come to her already fragile senses. 
Malina: Thanks I guess?
Rick: We must never underestimate the power of an open heart to our fellow man. I can tell you without doubt, this will be a case I will not forget for along time.
Dramatic music
Fade out.
Announcer: The Ghost and all characters are copyright by Supernatural Magazine Monthly. All characters living or dead are fictitious and all similarities are practically coincidental. All rights reserved.
End.

© 2017 Daniel Rodriguez


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on August 1, 2017
Last Updated on August 1, 2017
Tags: The Ghost, Radio Drama, Radio Play, Script

Author

Daniel Rodriguez
Daniel Rodriguez

Phoenix, AZ



About
Hello, my name is Daniel Antonio Rodriguez and I am a wannabe writer. I am 27 years old and have been actively writing for the past 12-13 years. I enjoy writing scripts and breaking out into niche gen.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Daniel Rodriguez