Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Daniel Rodriguez
"

Before we start in modern times...

"

Hoarder

A Battle Mage Heist

 

A story by Daniel Rodriguez

 

 

           There was a ship in the vast ocean. Coming at it, full speed, without signs of stopping, an act of God.


The Grey Goose stood firm. Defiant. It was a Spanish Warship, it saw two engagements in fleet to fleet battles with neighboring nations and in its final battle, was the sole survivor of one of the bloodiest conflicts that history forgot. It was christened by a ship-maker who added two wooden wings sculpted into the side of the hulls. Legend has it, he dreamt of a great winged being saving his life and as he smashed the bottle of high end wine against the floating fortress of death, he imagined the spirit of the winged being would keep it’s crew safe inside her arms.


Two years ago, it was upgraded with improved plating, a new stern, and clean cannons. It was reborn and glorious.


Within a month, it had become a pirate vessel, all her original crew, fed to the deep. A Spanish merchant hoping to monopolize the Carribean coffee trade found himself under surprise attack by a wave of half naked, fully scarred and bloodthirsty mindless monsters looking for play. The plunder ended up being a chest of gold. This gold war engraved with the merchants own mark. It was his way of spreading his own brand among the islands and cementing his notoriety. He died nameless. The gold however had been stained with generations of blood and it all came together in that moment into the hands of pirates.


They laughed and spread the loot among them, but then found that it best to put it in their safe. The Pirate Captain. Austin St. John made it to port two nights after and in a drunken rant, spread the glory of his rare golden collection. Jealous eyes fell upon him and he heaved his mead not long after. The conquest of other riches awaited and they set sail the next morning.


A squall awaited the ship days out in the open sea. The ship, never knowing the touch of the ocean floor steared toward it. Its crew no doubt clenched their teeth as they braced for battle with the forces of nature. Two forces soon collided and neither blinked. The stubborn vessel did not show any self doubt. The diety of the sea met the challenge.

 

 



There is a sea shanty that was sung long after.

 


            Oh Poseidon we fight you.

You come for us at last. We have conquered the land. We have conquered the beast.

                Today you meet your end

 

The Grey Goose, hull impregnable

We sing of flight

Flight of the water vast

Merrily we will drink, our victory ever lasting

 

                The stern broke, yet

We meet your eyes. We have conquered the land, we have conquered the beast.

                Today you meet your end

 

                The water, it began to seep

Our song battle

Battle of the water vast

Merrily we will drink. Our Victory Ever Lasting

 

                Oh Poseidon we curse you

Your mistress grabs hold. We have conquered the land. We have conquered the beast.

                Today we meet our end.

 

The grey goose, Treasure inside

Inside it hides

Merrily we will drink, our secret everlasting.

 

 

 

 



           In the mortal world of mankind. The treasure was believed to be a myth. One day, in the year 1987, a team found a sunken ship with wings chisseled into its hull. The body of the captain was found, handcuffed to the helm, selflessly. He went down fighting.

            

Great evidence was found of the crew and their lives were taken by the scavengers. The safe containing the shipment of rare gold was missing.



© 2022 Daniel Rodriguez


Author's Note

Daniel Rodriguez
Hope you enjoy. I am rather proud of this intro!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

49 Views
Added on June 26, 2022
Last Updated on June 26, 2022


Author

Daniel Rodriguez
Daniel Rodriguez

Phoenix, AZ



About
Hello, my name is Daniel Antonio Rodriguez and I am a wannabe writer. I am 27 years old and have been actively writing for the past 12-13 years. I enjoy writing scripts and breaking out into niche gen.. more..

Writing