Engal (Issue 6: Sleep)

Engal (Issue 6: Sleep)

A Screenplay by Daniel Rodriguez
"

The end is here! Jarod tries to halt the Exomorphs ambitous plan to take over the entire colony and the war reaches its boiling point as Daimyo takes the stage against the Three heroes.

"

BLACKNESS

 


JAROD (V.O.)
It all started when we awake from our slumber. Peacefully and blissfully unaware.

 

ROOM ABLAZE

 

Zeta En is getting ready for a battle stance. the sound of crashing flame debris is heard. A series of footsteps are walking towards her, Daimyo’s.

 

There is an intense pause.

 

JAROD (V.O.)
Tonight, we attempt to wake again, from our nightmare.

 

Behind Zeta En, ENGAL 2 walks from behind her, and he too poses.

 

TITLE: Stage 6: Sleep

 

The two look at eachother, then brace for the coming monstrosity of DAIMYO.

 

The music hightens and he attacks, there is a crash of debris and the screen is black except for the visible feature of ENGAL, in the smoke, the hero is forshadowed to return.

 

INT. JAROD’S OFFICE - MORNING

 

Jarod is typing a report.

 

JAROD
Our world is filled with nightmares that we cannot comprehend. For the past months I have done all I can to effectively give light to this subject, from the strings of disapearances, the scandals that rocked the private prison, and the words of an old goth coded angelic figure that effectively killed the biggest name in sports that our colony has seen.

 

En walks in the room.

 

EN
How is the report? Can I read it?

 

JAROD
No, not yet. I need it to be perfect.

 

EN
How will you know when its perfect?

 

JAROD
When the world wakes up.

 

EN
Tell me what its about.

 

JAROD
Suicide. The report is about suicide.

 

EN
Whose?

 

JAROD
Mine.

 

EN
What?

 

JAROD
My future will hinge on every word of this, and in doing so, my life will be forever changed. If you want to leave as my protege, I will understand.

 

EN
But I have not even read it yet.

 

JAROD
(back to work)
The random events seemingly work without pattern, a certain randomness, but if you connect the links, to organizations like DevelopCo, the prison...

 

EN
Jarod!

 

JAROD
Yes?

 

EN
The Expo is starting soon.

 

Jarod looks and closes his eyes.

 

JAROD
(typing his last lines)
The Exomorphs are real. They are in our colony, and through thorough investigation, I have been able to link the Mayoral office with several organizations that have been in league with the Exomorphs. Finally, and lastly, the Mayor has an open history with a known Exomorph. He also is in charge with opening the running the Expo in which a strong portion of the colony shall attend. I beleive, behind the Exomorph plot, lies the leader of mankinds worst enemy.
Jarod ztops. He gets up.

 

EN
You coming?

 

JAROD
And I shall reveal myself as the murderer of his lover.

 

Jarod and En walk out.

 

EN
So is it true?

 

JAROD
I wont go down without a fight.

 

INT. HOSPITAL

 

Masterson is lying in bed.

 

He is looking at the news.

 

NEWS REPORTER
And we are suspecting over 40 percent turn out for the largest technology Expo the world has ever seen. The Mayor going on telivision several times joking that the event would be mandatory to citizens. In other news.

 

CHIEF is eerily revealed to be sitting next to Masterson.

 

CHIEF
So, what do you make of that?

 

MASTERSON
I wish I was there...

 

CHIEF
Yeah. Me too. With that many people there, who knows just how many bad things could go wrong. Fortunately crime seems to have taken a drastic dip recently. Although we do have some local yakuza boys trying to throw some weight around, but nothing major.

 

MASTERSON
I dont want to be in this bed for the rest of my life.

 

CHIEF
So when do you think you will be able to be back on your feet?

 

MASTERSON
Not soon enough.

 

Cheif, as if understanding the impending nature, sadly nodds.

 

CHIEF
You are right. However it is probably for the best. Your recent strings of good deeds merrit a string of good rest. I know that sounds corny, but you cant do what you do without being at full power.

 

A knock at the door. Chief moves to get up.

 

CHIEF (CONT’D)
I got to get going. Our boys are running detail on this one. How I wish you were there.

 

MASTERSON
I will be alright.

 

Chief exits, while En enters.

 

There is a state of silence until the door closes.

 

EN
So.

 

MASTERSON
Engal...

 

EN
The name is En.

 

MASTERSON
Where is Jarod?

 

EN
I had him run errands for me. With a simple smile, that boy is eager to please.

 

MASTERSON
Why are you here?

 

EN
I want to see how you plan on stopping this.

 

MASTERSON
The expo?

 

EN
Jarod clearly knows what is going on, and he somehow seems to cling to the hope that you will rise from this grave of yours and save the day. Me, I think this human nature of yours has caught up to you.

 

MASTERSON
What is that supposed to mean?

 

EN
You are scared, and you are too weak. I came to ask for the coin back.

 

MASTERSON
What coin?

 

EN
Do not play the fool with me wannabe Engal.

 

MASTERSON
Its not yours to have. I won’t give it to you.

 

EN
So what do you think? You can call its power, and walk out of this hospital like its no deal, and face off against an army?

 

MASTERSON
Leave engal. If you have nothing that can help, then leave this colony.

 

EN
The alternative?

 

MASTERSON
I deny you exist.

 

EN
Deny me? What is this, some game?

 

MASTERSON
You claim to be here to test me, but I will refuse to give you the time of day. I am not your play thing.

 

Masterson gets up.

 

MASTERSON (CONT’D)
And while you may act like you are some super alien with a high level of superiority, I have saved lives, and I have taken lives. I am productive. You are nothing more than a rogue runaway with a desire to play with me as if I need to earn what I have. You don’t like it, you can always run back to your home planet and whine to your sister.

 

There is a knock on the door. Jarod enters.

 

JAROD
I brought you an extra coffee detective.

 

EN
So I take it one is for me?

 

There is a smile between the two, En and Jarod. En for a brief moment loses her own charade and pauses, a thought has entered her mind. She retreats to her false form quickly and takes the coffee.

 

EN (CONT’D)
I will be waiting outside.

 

En leaves.

 

JAROD
So what did you two talk about?

 

MASTERSON
Home.

 

JAROD
A good topic, I hope. So how are you feeling?

 

MASTERSON
You want to know if I can get up.

 

JAROD
Yeah. I want to know...if you can help.

 

MASTERSON
I... can’t.

 

JAROD
The doctors told me a week.

 

MASTERSON
WHAT?

 

 

JAROD
You will be here for a week. You aren’t healing the way you should be.

 

MASTERSON
It must be these drugs.

 

JAROD
You have taken quite the beating in the past month.

 

Jarod leans over and hands Masterson his coffee.

 

MASTERSON
So, the end is here.

 

JAROD
The end will be in thirty minutes.

 

MASTERSON
We will prevail.

 

JAROD
How do you know that?

 

MASTERSON
The other Engal. She is like a child. She can’t let us die, then her game, our game, it ends. No. If this is as deep as we both think it is, then she will not let it disrupt her fun.

 

JAROD
Her fun? What if she wants to observe, to see if we can do it ourselves?

 

MASTERSON
If I show up, she will be there.

 

JAROD
What?

 

MASTERSON
There will be a cross colony show at aproximately noon. Around that time the Expo will reach maximum capacity. That is when I will strike.

 

JAROD
Good. I feared you would do nothing.

 

MASTERSON
We will awake from this dream.

 

JAROD
This nightmare. Very well. I have to leave now. I got an end of the world to cover.

 

MASTERSON
Don’t die.

 

JAROD
I won’t go down without a fight.

 

Jarod leaves Masterson, perhaps for the last time.

 

EXT. EXPO GROUNDS - CONTINUOUS

 

News Reporter 2 is covering the coming and goings of the Expo.

 

NEWS REPORTER 2
We are here at the expo, which is about to begin in five minutes. The mayor is prepping for a speech but first we would like to give you an inside view of what to expect. There are already large lines forming where people have been camping all night to get first access. The event will start off with a commencement speech by one of the heads of DevelopCo. From there the floors will be open and people can see the new technology that will be hitting the streets in the coming weeks. We have inside information that one of these items could be a new style probe that would allow us to better explore nearby planets using a new type of sonar technology. Other rumors indicate breakthroughs in comunication, visual arts, cinematics, gaming, transportation and archetecture.

 

En is seen walking into the building.

 

The crowd has begun to move.

 

INT. BUSINESS ROOM, OVERLOOKING EXPO

 

Daimyo is overlooking the city. He is grinning, watching the people come in droves. Behind him are the staff, they run the city in all its exomorph activity.

 

ADVISOR comes up to him.

 

ADVISOR
I trust you are in good moods today.

 

DAIMYO
I am not sure how to feel.

 

ADVISOR
Nervous?

 

DAIMYO
We are fundementally changing our methodology of study. No matter the outcome, our project will shift. Good or ill, these are critical moments.

 

ADVISOR
Yes. This is true, however I think we have done all we can previously with the low quality results.

 

DAIMYO
The Engal.

 

ADVISOR
The Engal?

 

DAIMYO
Activity has been dead on their parts.

 

ADVISOR
No signs of either three.

 

DAIMYO
Whats your opinion on that?

 

ADVISOR
Either they are licking their wounds, they fled, or they are waiting for an oppertunity to strike.

 

DAIMYO
You think they will strike today?

 

ADVISOR
It is probable should they know our plans. We lack proper knowledge to form a conclusion though.

 

DAIMYO
We cease progress then the mission fails. If we gamble, we can yeild the highest and best results. Even if all three show up, they cannot stop the Expo. I will increase security just in case. Do we have fault in this plan.

 

ADVISOR
None that I can see.

 

DAIMYO
Agreed. Then let us procede.

 

Daimyo shifts into Mayor form.

 

ADVISOR
Just one question Daimyo.

 

MAYOR
Yes?

 

ADVISOR
Is this revenge?

 

MAYOR
In every sense.

 

ADVISOR
She would want you to kill them.

 

MAYOR
I know. Now, I have a press conference to prep for.

 

INT. PRESS CONFERENCE - AFTERNOON

 

Jarods hand is pressing on the COIN. He is stroking it, as if asking for its power.

 

JAROD
God’s help me.

 

He sees En, she leaves. He preps a seat and waits for the show.

 

REPORTER
Jarod. Oh wow, they let you in here?

 

JAROD
I kept last years press pass. I guess they security leaves room for improvement. What about you Jacob?

 

REPORTER
The same story. Getting ready for the meeting. I wonder what will be announced.

 

JAROD
Something revolutinary no doubt.

 

REPORTER
I wonder if for the better. With all the technology we keep getting I can’t help but feel we will eventually be too dumb to create and rather exist just to maintain.

 

JAROD
Probably so.

 

Security Guard steps in.

 

SECURITY GUARD
All rise. The Mayor of our Colony has arrived.

 

Everyone stands up. The mayor walks in.

 

MAYOR
Please be seated.

 

They all sit down.

 

MAYOR (CONT’D)
As you have known we have awoken to a strange and unknwon future. Around us, we are constantly drifting in some unknown direction. As I speak live, surely those at home still know the fear and panic that we must wrestle with at daily times. Our colony, is adrift and lost in space, it has been for along time, too long for some of us to even remember what life was when we first went into hibernation, We awoke to a cruel world, on an unknown plotting course, perhaps to nowhere, perhaps to home. The unkown ends today. As some of you have seen from the floor just how spectacular some of our coming innovations will be. But perhaps the biggest innovation of all, will be the Crack system, which will work on moving to outside of the colony. and help us explore its greatest depths and mysteries. We can now observe planets and we grow close that even if we fail to ever reach our old home planet again, with our technology, we might very well be able to colonize a place to call home that is not the vastness of space. However, as I am aware this is alot to take in, I am opening myself up for questions.

 

REPORTER
What exactly will the Crack System do?

 

MAYOR
It will allow us to send a probe on the outside of the colony and work as a second set of eyes, ears...and hands. Yes?

 

JAROD
The Crack system, do you think it may potentially reveal any unwanted element that may infest the colony?

 

MAYOR
What do you mean?

 

JAROD
Well, I am sure you have heard the rumors of the Exomorphs.

 

Mayor blinks twice.

 

MAYOR
This is a technology expo, not some conspiracy theory place.

 

JAROD
But is that not what the crack system was designed for? To quell the talk of an alien species hijacking our colony?

 

MAYOR
It is a real...

 

JAROD
Pardon me but, if it was so easy to simulate an all out murder of a professional fighter infront of thousands of fans, is it not possible to manufacture data to claim something is not there that is?

 

MAYOR
There are no such things as Exomorphs. What happened in the show...

 

JAROD
The execution of a woman begging for her life.

 

MAYOR
...begging for her life?

 

JAROD
That is what she did. She pleaded, like a drug addicted w***e.

 

The tone of the conversation has turned ackward. The intensity has grown. Jarod wzs known for his high level prestige, and now he was acting full on conrontational.

 

The Mayor clinches his jaw.

 

MAYOR
Security, remove this man. How dare you, on live...

 

JAROD
It is live isnt it Exomorph? You really thought you could pull this one off.

 

MAYOR
Exomorph?

 

Security man is walking up to Jarod.

 

JAROD
You still havent put it together have you.

 

Mayor is starting to realize the direction this conversation is going. He isnt sure to be in horror or...

 

MAYOR
You...

 

JAROD
I am the one who killed her.

 

MAYOR
Wait!

 

The security guard stops. The cameras focus on Jarod.

 

JAROD
I am Engal.

 

Mayor is growing mad.

 

Instant murmer.

 

MAYOR
...security. Escort this man...

 

JAROD
She cried for you. You know. She is the one who gave you up. That crack addicted w***e.

 

MAYOR
Don’t call her that.

 

JAROD
I didnt know you Exomorphs could feel. Do you want to know just how little of a fight she put up? How quickly she went down. What it felt like to be in her blast radius as she exploded. The sensation of shoving that energy orb in her chest?

 

MAYOR
Stop it.

 

JAROD
Have you ever heard her cry? I have. Tears. I get goosebumps just remembering that.
Mayor seems to have gone comatose. He is purely introverted.

 

JAROD (CONT’D)
You exomorphs...you die so easily.

 

Mayor instantly transforms into Daimyo. In an instant everyone is shocked.

 

Jarod poses, he takes out the coin and turns into Engal 2.

 

ENGAL 2
Recognize me? No doubt.

 

Instantly the security guard attmepts to arrest Engal 2 but Engal 2 tosses him across the room as if he is nothing.

 

Security Guard turns into an Exomorph.

 

DAIMYO
Wait! He’s mine!

 

The crowd has shifted as pandemonium has erupted.

 

ENGAL 2
SMILE!

 

EXT. EXPO GROUNDS

 

A large video screen is showing Engal 2 and the events of what is going on.

 

ENGAL 2
You are LIVE on Colony Camera! This event is a sham.

 

INT. HOSPITAL

 

Masterson is staring in horror.

 

MASTERSON
You fool. You bloody imbecile. You have doomed us all!

 

INT. EXPO GROUNDS

 

On screen.

 

ENGAL 2
Evacuate now! Run!

 

INT. PRESS CONFERENCE

 

Engal charges an enegy blast, then throws it into the wall. Upon seeing the explosion. The people move. They know its real.

 

A SECOND EXOMORPH jumps in attempting to prevent the escape of the people.

 

Daimyo and Engal 2 stare. Daimyo opens his hands, and his mouth, and then attacks.

 

INT. EXPO GROUNDS

 

People are beggening to flee when Exomorphs start showing up among them, attacking.

 

PERSON
Let me out of here.

 

EXOMORPH
No one is allowed to leave!

 

A second Exomorph attempts to grab a child.

 

CHILD
Engal! HELP!

 

INT. PRESS CONFERENCE

 

Engal 2 falls to the floor. He can hear the pandemonium around him. He knows the price for the truth may be costing human lives. Was this what he wanted?

 

Screams are everywhere. He clenches his fist down.

 

INT. EXPO GROUNDS

 

The child, driven by his imagination over fear stands up.

 

CHILD
If you are an Exomorph, I am an Engal!

 

He tries to pose as if to transform.

 

The limbering Exomorph moves forward, unafraid.

 

CHILD (CONT’D)
(summoning false courage)
I will defeat you.

 

A firey blade sticks through the Exomorph. The creatures eyes go wide open. It turns around.

 

Zeta En is there.

 

As the exomorph explodes knocking the kid back, two new Exomorphs charge in.

 

She counters with a twirling fire spin and both instantly die.

 

She comes out of her final pose and walks up to the child.

 

CHILD (CONT’D)
You Engal?

 

ZETA EN
Keep that bravery, and you may live.

 

She turns away and starts walking to an unknown destination.

 

The people have begun to actively escape.

 

INT. PRESS CONFERENCE

 

Daimyo opens his hands and instantly the whole room is set ablaze.

 

Engal 2 charges in, trying to swipe with swords but Daimyo is suprisingly more agile than

 

 

Engal 2. Daimyo counters with a shove that knocks out the wall.

 

Daimyo looks on.

 

Intro sequence starts, as Zeta En looks on at Daimyo. Engal 2 then forms at her flank.

 

ENGAL 2
A pleasure to work with you.

 

ZETA EN
Define “with”.

 

They both attack Daimyo.

 

He dodges each move and counters with a brutal one handed punch/shove.

 

They both fall down then get up.

 

ENGAL 2
You want to kill him right?

 

ZETA EN
I will kill him.

 

ENGAL 2
We will kill him.

 

ZETA EN
There is no “We”.

 

Daimyo opens his hands together and a blast wave takes down Engal 2. Zeta En Blocks with both of her arms creating a forcefield but it cannot withstand the blast.

 

ZETA EN (CONT’D)
How... I am stronger than this?

 

ENGAL 2
He hits harder than she did.

 

ZETA EN
He is quicker...

 

In a blink, they cant see him.

 

Time slows down as Daimyo is sprinting at unorthodox speeds.

 

He ducks by a vain atempt at a move, and looks Zeta En in the ear, and fires a blastwave, knocking her into Engal 2.

 

Engal offers Zeta En a hand to get up. She denies it and starts to stand on her own.

 

ENGAL 2
On 3 we blitz.

 

ZETA EN
Save your human tactics for someone human.

 

ENGAL 2
1...2...

 

On three, both attack with all the speed they can.

 

Daimyo dodges, and swipes one. Zeta En uses this as an opening and starts spining with her blades, there is back and forth with neither hiting niether as they cross blades until Daimyo counters with an elbow. She being open, he throws her into a floor.

 

Engal 2 is behind him and has an energy ball in his hand and slaps him up the back of the head with it.

 

Daimyo staggers and Engal starts proceding with a series of those kinds of hits. Each hit is getting less effecive until Daimyo simply grabs Engal 2’s hand, squeezes it and Kicks Zeta En out of the way when she attempts a rescue. He then energy blasts Engal 2 in the face.

 

Engal 2 falls to the floor. Then flat on his face.

 

Daimyo is charging energy into his hand. He is preparing a killing blow.

 

A firey whip from Zeta En sends Daimyo out of the way.

 

He aims it at her and she blocks with her forcefield defense. The blow however knowcks her through a support beam.

 

DAIMYO
If this is all you Engal can offer, then this little war of ours is over.

 

Engal 2 looks up.

 

The roof wants to fall on Zeta En.

 

He leaps forward and tackles her through a wall. The roof collapses beind them.

 

ZETA EN
(losing consciousness)
I can fight him! I can kill him.

 

She slips.

 

ENGAL 2
We need to retreat!

 

ZETA EN
What? Engal never retreat!

 

ENGAL 2
Humans do!

 

ZETA EN
And you call yourself...

 

ENGAL 2
Jarod. The name is Jarod.

 

She finally falls completely.

 

ZETA EN
I am supposed to be stronger than this.

 

ENGAL 2
Let’s go.

 

ZETA EN
No.

 

ENGAL 2
He will kill us!

 

ZETA EN
This is all your fault.

 

He stops. Its true.

 

ENGAL 2
I should die for what I did.

 

ZETA EN
And I can’t lose to a level 2 species!

 

ENGAL 2
A what?

 

ZETA EN
What am I lacking?

 

Military personel are coming. In droves. Flanked by police.

 

SOLDIER
Is that...

 

ENGAL 2
Don’t shoot. We are on your side.

 

A sound in the rubble.

 

They all stare. Engal 2 places an arm, a hint of protective nature, infront of Zeta En.

 

An Exomorph randomly runs at them.

 

Engal 2 focuses his energy into a flame ball, being given enough time and in an instant, shoves it into the other Exomorphs chest like it was nothing, then stops himself.

 

The Exomorph explodes. More start coming.

 

AN EXOMORPH
KILL THEM ALL!

 

As if it signed its own death wish, a missile drops right onto the poor fellow, and other exomorphs are open to a hail of gun fire.

 

Daimyo, having gotten out is watching as his own species is now being hunted infront of his eyes. While he knows they can fight back, and perchance win. This would be a losing stratagem.

 

DAIMYO
Retreat!

 

Instantly murmers go out to the Exomorphs who retreat in droves and seemingly disapear as they go through the other side of the rubble.

 

The soldier looks around...the two Engal Warriors are gone.

 

INT. HOSPITAL
Jarod opens the room.

 

Masterson stares with a look of ridiculous insanity in his eyes, he still can’t beleive it.

 

NEWS REPORTER
(on tv)
This was the scene today.

 

Monsters and humans fighting in open warfare. A figure of Daimyo retreating pass the smoke.

 

JAROD
I am sorry!

 

Masterson grips his hand. He wants to punch him.

 

JAROD (CONT’D)
I am sorry I stole your coin and I outed ourselves.

 

Masterson breathes and sits back. He is replaying the events in his head.

 

MASTERSON
Do you know... they are still fighting?

 

Jarod looks on in shock.

 

He changes the channel. In the picture, Zeta En, seems to be carrying a chip on her shoulder as she kills two more Exomorphs infront of the military. The pinned military forces now

come out and try to rally on her, as she jumps away.

 

JAROD
I lost her. I didnt know where she went.

MASTERSON
I think you pissed her off. By the time you got here, lets see, two city blocks are undr complete seige. This has turned into a complete war.

 

JAROD
I...should I feel glad?

 

MASTERSON
You sick...

 

JAROD
They are doing it Detective. They are actually fighting for their right to exist. Look at them.

 

Masterson looks at the telivsion.

 

He twists his head.

 

JAROD (CONT’D)
They aren’t waiting to disapear. They aren’t crying in fear.

 

MASTERSON
We are humans. We fight. It’s what we do.

 

A vision of large mortar fire hitting an exomorph causing it to die is shown.

 

JAROD
You know detective... That isn’t us on the telivision killing them.

 

NEWS REPORTER
No one knows what happened to the two figures gothicly garbed.

 

JAROD
I got to go back out there. They need Engal.

 

En walks in.

 

EN
So. You ran back to him for help?

 

JAROD
En! You’re safe!

 

MASTERSON
Here to gloat again?

 

JAROD
Excuse me?

 

EN
And you, your battle performance was pathetic!

 

JAROD
I am sorry En...

 

MASTERSON
Don’t apoligize to her! So, what have you come to talk of now Engal?

 

EN
I have decided to temperarily help your kind, but only because of the complete tragedy you two have unleashed. Up until now, the Exomorph cause was contained. Do you realize just how dangerious they can be if you corner them? If they link you to our technology...

 

JAROD
So En. I think I understand now. You are an Engal. The real deal.

 

EN
And you have no business ever mettling with out technology. You spelled doom for your whole species.

 

MASTERSON
No. I was given the coin. It was my responsibility. So tell me Engal...

 

EN
Call me En.

 

MASTERSON
What is our plan now?

 

Jarod looks hurt. He is sitting down.

 

EN
Well...

 

JAROD
How can we trust her

 

MASTERSON
Her honor has been taken. Am I right?

 

JAROD
What honor.

 

EN
You two are too weak to fully comprehend the full power of the battle suit. I am therefore the strongest of the three. I will kill your mayor for you.

 

MASTERSON
Full power?

 

EN
Yes. The Engal suit has two modes. You have yet to tap its true potential.

 

JAROD
But so have you.

 

She looks him dead in the eye.

 

JAROD (CONT’D)
You admitted much yourself when we were fighting. You don’t know how to use it either.

 

Her face goes cross.

 

EN
I have the best chance out of all of you. Farewell.

 

JAROD
En...

 

En stops.

 

EN
Yes Jarod?

 

JAROD
After this. I don’t ever want to see you again.

 

EN
Understood.

 

She walks out.

 

MASTERSON
Coin.

 

JAROD
Yes.

 

MASTERSON
Go home.

 

JAROD
Yes.

 

MASTERSON
Find a safe place to hide.

 

JAROD
On it.

 

Masterson stands up out of bed.

 

MASTERSON
What was it? The end is near?

 

JAROD
Very near.

 

MASTERSON
It ends here.

 

Masterson and Jarod leave.

 

EXT. STREETS - NIGHT

 

The streets are deserted. a flyer says, “Exomorphs have retreated.”

 

Masterson is barely able to walk, however he is making progress.

 

He has arrived to his destination.

 

EXT. MAYOR’S MANSION

 

A loud noise as Zeta En is knocked back infront of Masterson. People are starting to come, as there is one final Exomorph making itself available. Daimyo walks forth.

 

Masterson turns into Engal.

 

Jarod runs up behind him.

 

JAROD
Masterson!

 

ENGAL
What?

 

Jarod has a camera.

 

JAROD
I want to document it.

 

ENGAL
Document what?

 

JAROD
The end of this charade. Good luck.

 

Engal walks forward. Zeta En is not moving.

 

Engal looks over her.

 

ZETA EN
Why... why can’t I use my full power?

 

DAIMYO
Is that the best you Engal’s can send my way?

 

Daimyo is walking forward. People are flocking more.

 

PERSON
That’s the first Engal to apear. That one is probably the strongest.

 

Zeta En scratches the floor with her fingers at that statement.

 

DAIMYO
And who are you?

 

ENGAL
I am the last. Beat me and it’s all over.

 

Zeta En finally feints. She is out for the count.

 

Engal takes out his blades. Then...retracts them.

 

He starts crackling his knuckles.

 

The two run and grab eachother.

 

Daimyo is stronger and throws Engal off him. He slams Engal with a double fist backhand.

 

Engal staggers and punches back with an energy slap. Little to no effect.

 

Engal hits with an energy upercut...not effective either.

 

Daimyo sends Engal on his back with a head butt.

 

The people surrounding have grown silentt. This is not a frenzy spectacle, but a dead serious battle. The mood is a dark calm.

 

Engal is hearing noises in his head.

 

ENGAL (CONT’D)
Why is he so strong? Why is he stronger than me?

 

The vision of a child apears to him. Its her, a real Engal. The one who gave him his powers.

 

GIRL
My child. Stand up.

 

Engal starts standing up.

 

ENGAL
Why can’t I beat him?

 

GIRL
You can.

 

Daimyo is stepping closer.

 

ENGAL
But if your sister can’t...

 

GIRL
She never understood what it meant to wear the armor. It wasn’t built for war.

 

Inside, En is looking at the vision speaking to Engal.

 

GIRL (CONT’D)
You have something she does not possess. The ability to open ones eyes to compassion. To fully use the suit...you have to let it kill you.

 

Daimyo is charging up his hands for a killing blow.

 

EXT. SPIRITUAL PLANE OF EXISTENCE

 

Girl and Masterson are talking.

 

MASTERSON
I don’t understand.

 

GIRL
Find something you are willing to die for, and have it be pure. Then my child, you will be a savior. She...my sister was always to stubborn and too self centred to open herself to others. For that, all her training is meaningless.

 

MASTERSON
I...

 

GIRL
Go my child. Save your people, you continue to make us so proud.

 

EXT. STREETS
Daimyo is walking forward. Engal turns around to ponder.

 

ENGAL
What would I be willing to die for?

 

Daimyo is not shy about making noises as he charges.

 

MASTERSON
(inside Engal)
I would die for this colony...and lovingly so...to defeat you!

 

Instantly the suit reacts. Engal’s body starts to contort.

 

ENGAL
(screaming in pain)
AHHH!

 

Interior look of Engal’s Suit. It goes from being armor, to almost parasitic, growing thorn like things, and clamping into Masterson’s bone marrow. It starts to draw energy from his life force.

 

The suit glows and ultimately transforms into HYPER mode. The figure of Engal changes with divine light and grows beautiful wings.

 

It poses for a brief moment in time before Diamyo comes with the killing blow.

 

HYPER ENGAL blocks with his bare hands and instantly, the energy of the kill blows explode, but leave no damage.

 

They grapple. Hyper Engal seems to be standing completely tall, without using any leverage while Daimyo is trying to break through.

 

Hyper Engal starts flapping his wings. The gust of furry seems to be making Daimyo shake and instantly, a brutal kicks knocks the wind out of Daimyo.

 

Instantly, the new Engal figure starts doing a quick combo, with unpredictable attacks. Daimyo can do nothing.

 

Zeta En opens her eyes and sees Hyper Engal start to flap his wings, ascending into the air.

 

ZETA EN
No...that’s supposed to be me. He can’t pull it off! A lazy human!

 

Daimyo starts to stand up much to the crowds shock.

 

DAIMYO
One last move. One to end it all.

 

He charges up his hand. He is going to go for a kill blow.

 

Hyper Engal is in the air, with two extended blades. Instantly they form a giant claymore of insane proportions. It sets on fire and grows.

 

The two stare at eachother and then, in one stroke. Hyper Engal nosedive and lands on his feet, in a crouched position several yards behind Daimyo, his flaming claymore in a pose.
Daimyo explodes.

 

Instanttly Hyper Engal feels the suit draining more life from his body. He looks around and

sees Jarod who is staring in awe with a camera. Zeta En is on the floor getting up.

 

A brief pause and he flies to the heavens. Disapearing.

 

The crowd watches in silence.

 

EXT. STREETS - DAWN

 

The army is moving.

 

JAROD (V.O.)
The people awoke with blood on their mind. The army regathered their forces and after the death or disapearance of the Mayor, began to march on all outside areas.

 

Abandoned buildings are being raided. They are making their ways to the mountains.

 

INT. SEWER
People are on a hunt.

 

JAROD (V.O.)
Aware of the infestation of the colony, it’s citizens rallied and the underbelly of the colony was raided by the will of the mob. Areas restricted were overrun and mysterious tunnels were explored. They forced their way into the outer area’s of the colony, working their way down to its core.

 


INT. EXOMORPH BASE

 

Several exomorphs are packing it up.

 

ADVISOR
We have to cut our losses.

 

EXT. COLONY

 

We see a ship detach itself from the colony and it heads out.

 

INT. EXOMORPH CITY

 

The people look around in wonder. Yes, they were real, but now they have left without a trace.

 

The people look unable to quell their fury.

 

INT. MASTERSON’S OFFICE - DAY

 

JAROD
So, did we win?

 

Masterson is sitting down, as if life has returned to him. He is playing with a ball.

 

MASTERSON
I don’t know. But we did give them one hell of a fight.

 

JAROD
They will think twice before coming back.

 

MASTERSON
Yeah, although i hear they left traces of their research, the Chief has us going over it right now. They want to know just what the exomorphs were doing here anyways.

 

JAROD
All the better. It is good we don’t just forget the past.

 

MASTERSON
So how does it feel being a celebrity?

 

JAROD
I don’t know yet. No one really seems to make heads or tails of it and frankly, I have decided to hang low for awhile.

 

MASTERSON
No doubt the military is after you.

 

JAROD
You are the lucky one. No one saw you.

 

MASTERSON
I am smart. That’s the difference between me and you.

 

JAROD
So, you think they will come back?

 

MASTERSON
Maybe they didn’t all leave?

 

JAROD
What?

 

MASTERSON
Something the Chief said.

 

JAROD
And you?

 

MASTERSON
Revenge is a powerful motive.

 

JAROD
But we will be ready...right?

 

MASTERSON
Of course.

 

The camera zooms out, and pans up.

 

On the roof of the precinct, En is sitting there.

 

EN
To my dear sister. I think these humans warrant further observation.

 

She looks down for a moment. Regret?

 

EN (CONT’D)
I shall continue to live among them until I further deem otherwise.

 

She turns into Zeta En and disapears off camera.

 

Extreme close up of Masterson and Jarod shaking hands.

 

MASTERSON
To tomorrow.

 

End.

© 2011 Daniel Rodriguez


Author's Note

Daniel Rodriguez
Not sure I like the term Hyper Engal, may change it later to something else, but I think Super Engal is a bit cliche. Maybe "Engal (Hyper)" orsomething else will be better. That being said, thats the end of the miniseries. Feel free to be cruel or post whatever is on your mind. Feedback welcomed!

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

166 Views
Added on December 4, 2011
Last Updated on December 4, 2011
Tags: Engal, Sci-fi, Tokusatsu, miniseries, space colony, action

Author

Daniel Rodriguez
Daniel Rodriguez

Phoenix, AZ



About
Hello, my name is Daniel Antonio Rodriguez and I am a wannabe writer. I am 27 years old and have been actively writing for the past 12-13 years. I enjoy writing scripts and breaking out into niche gen.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Daniel Rodriguez