Falling down the Rabbit Hole

Falling down the Rabbit Hole

A Poem by Devin.Marie
"

How I have been feeling as of late.

"

Falling as I try to escape the world, realizing too late that I have become what I never wanted to be.

Addicted to the life of obesity and laziness, topped off with instant gratification, only knowing what being spoiled is like from the past and now through the eyes of another.

Wanting to be so much and do so much without knowing how to go about it.

Dwelling upon the past, wishing I could change what was once to what might have been, dreaming the present away with thoughts of the past and imaginary dreams of the future.

Not knowing anymore which way to turn on the fork of life that I am presented with, sitting down trying to figure out the course at hand to only forget the reason I started the journey to begin with.

This never ending rabbit hole has begun to swallow me alive, as I delve deeper into the black, the darkness surrounding me as memories drive me to somewhere I have no recollection of, somewhere I can only imagine...

© 2008 Devin.Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on February 7, 2008

Author

Devin.Marie
Devin.Marie

Anaheim, CA



About
I'm a bipolar ever wanting to be happy but always the one that is out to make you happy, sweet, intelligent, intriguing, lost in a world of my own kind of woman. more..

Writing