Two

Two

A Chapter by ZialcitaD

It’s been 3 hours and I’m still here at the couch, reading one of the books that I brought here with me. Another love story, The Republic of Love by Carol Shields. I often question myself on why do I always insist on reading love stories, I’m not in love and I haven’t experience what love is anyway. Clarisse told me that when you’re in love, you’ll just know it. But for me, how will you know? For me, falling in love is so overrated. Yet, I enjoy reading those kind of s***s. I had a crush before? But I don’t know if it came to the point where I was already in love with the guy. He’s older than me, two years actually. He’s a bad boy. Tall, Dark hair, and he has this smile that would send butterflies to your stomach. So, is that what you call love? Or maybe just infatuation? But since he already left for college, I didn’t bother on thinking about him anymore. I’m practically invisible to him. We’re friends on facebook, and since he accepted my friend request, I think he’s not so much as a bad boy as I thought. Still, we’re friends on facebook, but personally I’m just some girl that he randomly see at school. End of story. Clarisse insisted on me messaging him, but I told her that it’s just a waste of time. And I’m pretty sure that I’m not his type. I never had a failing grade, I drink, but on special occasions only, I don’t smoke, I love to read, and I love to write as well. Pretty much his opposite. So, why the effort right? That literally made Clarisse quiet.

I closed the book that I was reading, and started to walk to the back door. The sun is slowly going down and I want to witness it in the beach.

It’s even more beautiful than seeing it going up. I found a spot and just sat there looking at the sun with my earphones on, listening to New Perspective by Panic! At the Disco. I’m a big fan of rock bands. I just find peace when I’m listening to rock music. I also love My Chemical Romance, All Time Low, All American Rejects, Fall Out Boy, and Green Day. Thinking about it, Am I that weird? Anti-social, Bookworm, and enjoys rock music. Is there other girls just like me? Hope not.

Then the most unexpected event happened…..

Whaaaam! A hard thing just landed on the right side of my face. The impact had me on the ground with my eyes close. As I open my eyes, everything was spinning, I couldn’t even move. Then I heard a voice slowly coming closer to me and when everything was steady. There were legs in front of me, then a voice saying “Hey are you okay?” Then I saw a face, a face of a guy. I’m pretty sure that he’s not from around here either. His accent seems American, he has this brown wavy hair, and he has eyes with the exact color of the ocean. He grabbed my arm and helped me to stand. The thing that hit me was a ball, a volleyball to be specific.

“Hey are you okay? I’m really sorry”

“I’m not okay, didn’t you see that there’s practically a person sitting here just minding her own business?”

“I’m really sorry, but I couldn’t control the ball”

“Who cares? You just hit my f*****g face. And it f*****g hurts”

“I’m really sorry, next time I’ll learn to control it. I’m Nick by the way, short for Nicholas”

“Not interested, bye”

Damn! My face hurts. I decided to go outside and enjoy the outside world, and this is what I get? Getting hit in the face by a volleyball by some guy. I’m still ranging with anger.

As I enter the house, I didn’t noticed that I slam the door too hard. Cam, Cliff, and my Dad were all at the kitchen preparing dinner and they were distracted by my entry.

“Honey, what happen to your face?”

“I fine dad, just some jerk decided to slam his volleyball to my face”

“Let me get you some ice, so it wouldn’t bruise”

“Thanks Dad”

Dad handed me the ice and I slowly placed it to my right cheek. I really hurts. After getting the ice, I just decided to go upstairs and chill at my room.

I couldn’t get the face of that guy who slammed his ball at my face. Definitely American. I remember his tan face, pointy nose, and ocean blue eyes. He’s practically gorgeous, but who cares? His ball just knocked me out. If he’s also here on vacation, I hope that I wouldn’t bump to him anywhere.



© 2016 ZialcitaD


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on June 5, 2016
Last Updated on June 5, 2016


Author

ZialcitaD
ZialcitaD

Philippines



About
A bookworm and a traveler. I have been to different places and I have met different well-known people through the power of reading. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by ZialcitaD


Three Three

A Chapter by ZialcitaD