Life goes on after Mishaps

Life goes on after Mishaps

A Story by DD

Life goes on after the mishaps!

Nearly 10hrs of flight got me to the airport. After a 2hrs of ride from the airport, I finally reached my home at a small town called Rosewood.

From a distance my home looked just like a deserted one. As I entered the doors with my heavy luggage it was dark and cold in there, I lit up the candles that were left in the doorway. The scene of my home just caught me appalled. There were lots of debris lying around the floors and furnitures and as I opened one of the rooms I had to fight through the spider webs and cob webs to enter in.

Unlocking each and every room just reminded me of the beautiful family that was living here many years ago. It was heart-rending to see the home in such a condition.

It took me the next three weeks to patch up and paint the walls, clean up the debris, get fixtures for the lights and windows, curtains to be hung up and bedsheets for the beds. Nothing to its perfection but at least close to one. In fact this is going to be the home that I will be spending at least for the rest of my life for all I know.

Rosewood was the only thing in my mind that came to me after my divorce and yes I came back to this place not to rekindled my memories but to forget the uneventful marriage back in Woodsville.

For the next couple of days I tried to move around Rosewood asking people about my family members and where they had been, but non of them had answers for me. I could not even recall any familiar faces because I left this town for close to 20 years. Rosewood has not changed much however the people living here have changed. I went to one of the church there hoping to see the church pastor whom I had known during my childhood and gladly I saw him. I could see the mixed emotions on his face when I saw him. I queried him on the whereabouts of my dad, mum and sister. Unfortunately he did not have answers too.

For the past 20 years I had stopped contacting my family because of my ex husband, I did not want them to know that they had found me a man who was brutal and abusive all along. It took me 20 years to pick up the courage to say " let us end our marriage" . Now it fears me to know that I may have lost my family members in these years too.

After a couple of weeks I had stopped looking for them and started living my life to the fullest. Started embracing the beauty this town always had emitted.

One fine day I received a letter from an anonymous person, in that letter it had stated that he/she was happy to see me back in rosewood and knows what actually had happen to me back in Woodsville.
He/she wanted me to know that I am not alone and he/she will always be looking out for me, immediately a chill went down my spine. I was wondering who could that be, and for the fact that they are watching me.
I brought this letter back to the church pastor and asked him if he knew anything about this letter and this time I saw a grief on his face. I told him if he had known anything about this he could share with me as I have all the rights to know about it since the letter was send to my name.

After pondering for good 15 mins he called me to sit down and shared with me that my family was killed by a group of attackers who had tried to steal from them and at that time they were trying their best to reach out for me but to fail.
I was literally dumb founded and i could not speak anything, then I questioned him on the letter and he said he had no idea who had sent it, but he believes it may be from someone whom I know.

As I was making my way back to my home I realised that I had a friend back in my school days and he was the only person that I usually confide with when ever I had problems. He was definitely a very good friend of mine but over the years I have lost him.
When I reach home I saw a shadowy figure that was moving at the hall way and I was very scared to open the door. While I opened the door slowly I saw this middle age man who looked very serene, short straight hair and clean shaven face who had a towering physique that made him look attractive. Nicely attired, overall a prim and proper guy. Suddenly I forgot that he was an uninvited guest in my hall.

He called me out by my name and told me to guess who he was, I was clueless and I told him that it was quite rude of him to enter into my house. Then he laughed out claiming that I was always the same girl, the judgemental and temperamental one whom he knew from the younger days.

Yes it was George the only guy I knew from Rosewood besides my family and he told me that he was the anonymous one who sent me the letter. He felt sorry for my lost of my family members and I shared with him about my life for the past 20 years and I asked him about his marriage life.
He only said that all these while he had waited patiently to see me at least once and now that he is happy that he had finally seen me. He was not married and I found out that I was his first love and only love. It was hard to believe such things in these century.

I told him that I was still recovering from a failed marriage and all I need now was just a good friend and I want to enjoy the rest of my life. I want to embrace all the good things that life has for me in Rosewood.
We went together to visit my families grave. I had tears running down my eyes but I understood that I had to move on and accept the new life of mine.

I spent all my years with George talking about anything and everything under the sky.
Now both of us are 50 years old and we became such thick friends who are living together.
George had thought me how to smile and love again. Through him I saw the beauty of life again.

Thank you George for happening in my life. Not everyone has a second chance but I had mine!

© 2017 DD


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on June 21, 2017
Last Updated on June 21, 2017

Author

DD
DD

Singapore



About
A Daughter, Sister and a Nurse by profession more..

Writing
Beloved Ezra Beloved Ezra

A Story by DD