Be Still and Listen

Be Still and Listen

A Story by DiamondNRough AKA Patty Rase Hopson

I recently experienced criticism and hatred for the work I do. In better terms the DEVIL Tried to Sabotage the work God Leads me to do. In a split second my anger over flowed, ( as I am sure was the devil's plan). How could a father and other family members in denial of my abuse, (who has not spoken kind words to me in over four years,) contact those I had applied to volunteer, an organization thousands of miles away from them. An organization allowing me to volunteer to help victims in doubt, that there was still hope for their healing from their abuse. I am sure most of you would agree, only the evil one the devil would want to sabotage the healing of victims of abuse. I guess my family was thinking they were playing on me and hoping to cause more pain for me. It's obvious they don't know the Lord or they would have realized they were only playing on GOD’s plan for me to reach out to his children in need.

I stopped praying for my father and those he converse with, they obviously thought they were bigger then GOD. I guess this was the devils plan to try to lessen my faith. But I sent out emails to friends and supporters and asked them to pray for my situation. I received a lot of encouraging email with different responses to the situation. One said that my family most be jealous, jealous of my relationship I have with my GOD and will I have to do right and another said that my family thought they were perfect and were in fear of being exposed for who they really are. This must have led them to make such a drastic attack, not realizing the consequences that would soon be intact. Even the director of the organization I had applied, encouraged me to get my attorney on the line.

I have recognized that when we step out into full time service for Jesus, there is always going to be people who think they are better then anyone else, even better then GOD. ( Of course this is what the devil makes them believe). We need to remember that the Bible says,” There is non that doeth good, no not one.” If you need to know more about this verse, try reading Psalm 14 then you will understand, complete.

If you have been attacked because of your services to do good in Jesus, then start REJOICING, because it means you are doing something RIGHT or Satan wouldn’t be so angry, to send his followers to intervene. It is sad but many times we allow Satan to use us to attack our brothers and sisters, or in my case even daughters. As soon as I recognized what was happening, I started laughing and told Satan that he will never win so he might as well give up…

Did you get that last line dear family? YES I see you and I know you are still stalking me and the work I do. But I am laughing…This is much bigger then me and most definitely bigger then you could ever dream. The very next day another door opened, one showing me his new way. You can’t defeat him and the work he has planned. He is trying to tell you, so be still and listen. If he is not speaking then sit still and watch. The message is there, you have just got to be willing to receive it. You mentioned I once planted the seed. Well GOD just planted another one in me. Now watch me GROW!

I do pray for you now, once I realized this was all part of his plan. His plan to show you HE is much bigger then Man! I learned from this experience it is very important to pray for those that attack me and the good work I do. I am now stepping back and allowing Jesus to take care of this situation and to heal me from the abuse I encounter from you.

© 2008 DiamondNRough AKA Patty Rase Hopson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on February 22, 2008

Author

DiamondNRough AKA Patty Rase Hopson
DiamondNRough AKA Patty Rase Hopson

It's GOD's job to judge Predators, It's the Survivor's job To arrange the Meeting.



About
Congratulations! Your poem 'STRIPES' has been awarded Smile in the 'WHAT IF...' Writing Contest. WHAT IF... Congratulations! Your poem 'Keeping the Family Secret' has been awarded a stuff anima.. more..

Writing