Mamaw's Old Crock

Mamaw's Old Crock

A Poem by DiamondNRough AKA Patty Rase Hopson

Mash potatoes in Mamaw's crock,

what a delicious thought.

 

I made my original recipe

and as usual, dipped a sneak taste

before sharing with the others.

What a sweat taste and immeditately,

flashbacks of Mamaw hand mashing her taters,

for the family.

 

Once my family started their feaste,

they all commented to me "These taters

are great. What did you do to change their taste?"

 

I smiled and said "I noticed it too" The only

difference is, I used the old crock that my Mamaw always use.

 

© 2008 DiamondNRough AKA Patty Rase Hopson


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is brilliant.

No sarcasm either, this is hands down, the most enjoyable piece of poetry I've read on this site. The simple fact that you dont tend to go overboard with wishy-washy melodrama, and the subject matter makes it possible to find symbolism for darn near anything; it's fantastic.

I wish I had seen this when it was more recent, as this statement would seem more relevant, but whatever.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is brilliant.

No sarcasm either, this is hands down, the most enjoyable piece of poetry I've read on this site. The simple fact that you dont tend to go overboard with wishy-washy melodrama, and the subject matter makes it possible to find symbolism for darn near anything; it's fantastic.

I wish I had seen this when it was more recent, as this statement would seem more relevant, but whatever.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ari
This really makes me wish I could go to my grandmother's house and have mashed potatoes. You really capture the emotion here well.

Posted 15 Years Ago


That's cute and quaint. I know about those old bowls, pitchers, etc. One of my sisters still uses one of mother's bowls, and I have the flashbacks like you described. They're wonderful to behold on so many different levels. Thank you for sharing those comforting thoughts.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
3 Reviews
Added on July 20, 2008
Last Updated on July 20, 2008

Author

DiamondNRough AKA Patty Rase Hopson
DiamondNRough AKA Patty Rase Hopson

It's GOD's job to judge Predators, It's the Survivor's job To arrange the Meeting.



About
Congratulations! Your poem 'STRIPES' has been awarded Smile in the 'WHAT IF...' Writing Contest. WHAT IF... Congratulations! Your poem 'Keeping the Family Secret' has been awarded a stuff anima.. more..

Writing