TAINTED

TAINTED

A Poem by DiamondNRough AKA Patty Rase Hopson

Tainted neighbors

hideous favors.

 

Prompted retention

of things you think

are unmentioned.

 

No one else more

empowered to prove

your decency.

 

As you openingly

allow  your actions

to be subjected

to the community.

 

© 2008 DiamondNRough AKA Patty Rase Hopson


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amazing poem. You really did a great job with your word choice. Although, I do have a few questions about some of them.

(This is more of a grammatical/stylistic question)
In line two, you have the first word capitalized, but you do not do this for the rest of the lines. Does this mean that there should be a period at the end of line one?

In line three, you say, "Prompted Retention." Is there a reason why "Retention" is capitalized? I wasn't sure if there was a particular emphasis the reader should pick up on or how you wanted that to be viewed.

In line eleven, you say, "to be subjective." I wonder; did you mean subjected? Subjective means modified or affected by personal views, experience, or background or lacking in reality or substance (Merriam-Webster Dictionary). Subjected, on the other hand, means to expose to something. I believe "subjected" makes more sense here, but I'm not sure what you're trying to say: do you really mean to use subjective?

Anyway, I'm sorry for being so critical, but it really was a phenomenal poem!

v.r.
Ryan

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 9, 2008
Last Updated on September 20, 2008

Author

DiamondNRough AKA Patty Rase Hopson
DiamondNRough AKA Patty Rase Hopson

It's GOD's job to judge Predators, It's the Survivor's job To arrange the Meeting.



About
Congratulations! Your poem 'STRIPES' has been awarded Smile in the 'WHAT IF...' Writing Contest. WHAT IF... Congratulations! Your poem 'Keeping the Family Secret' has been awarded a stuff anima.. more..

Writing