Elderhearth Timeline

Elderhearth Timeline

A Story by Digganobz
"

Recounting of events of a fantasy World

"







The History of the Citadel of Wonders


- Elderhearth -


A Timeline Summary





















As Written By

Sir Alexander Ulthric





The Year 0012 WA (World Anew)

The Primordial Men make their first settlement in the valleys of Mount Stonespike.

The Year 0050 WA

The Primordis tribe forms, the settlement is named Mountshade.

The Years 0090-96 WA

First Tribal Wars erupt between the Primordis people and the Riverdane tribe.
Mountshade chieftain, Ewyn Primor manages to bring the war to a close, annexing the borders of Riverdane capital, Waterspire.
Mountshade becomes a town.

The Year 0110 WA

Son of Ewyn and Riverdane-born Lyxa, Ulther takes over after his fathers death; takes the title of Dane.
In the same year, starts to organize an army.

The Year 0117 WA

Dane Ulther Primor leads his army onto the bordering capitals of Harkarth, Mulqier and Frostorn; conquering every one of them and expanding the territories of Mountshade.

The Year 0122 WA

Ulther appoints the name Elderguard to his expanded territories and re-names Mountshade into Stonewall.
Marries the First Daughter of Frostorn, Baela, making her queen of Stonewall.

The Year 0123 WA

Ulther discards the title of Dane and crowns himself King of Elderguard.
His first son is born, who is named Ewyn II.
Sends expedition parties into mainland to annex tribesment into kingdom.

The Year 0130 WA

First settlers start arriving into Elderguard.
Ulther becomes sick.


The Year 0138 WA

New people pour into the borders of Elderguard, numbering in thousands.
Borders are expanded further.
Stonewall becomes a thriving city, and is regarded as a place where cultures meet.





The Year 0140 WA

Ulther dies. His son, Ewyn II ascends to throne.
Smaller rebellions start arising across the now large Elderguard.
Ewyn II gathers forces.

The Year 0145 WA

Ewyn II becomes known as Ewyn the Warmonger, as he quells the rebellions inside his Kingdom and marches out to further expand the territories of Elderguard.
New settlers keep flowing into the Kingdom.

The Year 0160 WA

Ewyn Warmonger returns home from a long and bloody campaign, having won various new lands, expanding his influence all over the continent.
The first mages start to appear.
Ewyn marries a minor noble [NAME UNKNOWN].

The Year 0184 WA

Ewyn is assassinated by mages, due to his cruel, fearmongering ways that caused dissaray inside the Kingdom.
He is killed alongside his entire family, thus bringing an end to the Primor bloodline.
With his dying breath, an oath of vengeance is uttered and he curses the entirety of Elderguard.
A man named Orzul Gorthane takes the throne.

The Year 0185 WA

Orzul is named Emperor of Elderflame.
Elderguard becomes the First Empire of the Continent, with Stonewall becoming Great Capital.
Conflicts erupt at the borders of the Empire.

The Year 0200 WA

Emperor Orzul dies in battle; his brother Kaehyn becomes Emperor.
A civil war erupts within Elderguard; Primor Loyalists launch bloody rebellion against the new Emperor.

The Years 0200-280 WA

Known as the Long War, the Civil Strife takes away many lives.
An Emperor dies every 5 years.
Elderguard has seen much death and destruction by the end of the War.
Upon the battle for Stonewall, Morhen Neuprimor becomes 18th Emperor of Edlerflame. Peace is finally brought back into Elderguard.



The Year 0300 WA

Elderguard, being severly weakened after the Long War is invaded by an external force of dark-skinned and yellow-skinned people.
It falls under their control in under a year.

The Year 0305 WA

Emperor Kolwyn of Narotroth, takes the throne. Morhen is exiled.
The first institution of magical study is formed, called The Elder Hall.

The Years 0306-0652 WA

Elderguard is ushered into a new age of advancement and prosperity.
Generations of Emperors all coming from the Kolwyn bloodline change, making the Elderguard Empire one of the most powerful Empires on the Continent.

Stonewall becomes The Citadel.

The Year 0657 WA

From the South, an unstoppable onslaught smashes into Elderguard.
An army of enormous size invades, crushing and conquering Elderguard territories one by one.
This becomes known as the War for the Citadel.

The Year 0659 WA

The commander of the invading army reveals himself, claiming he is Morhen the Immortal and has come to take back what is his by right from the Kolwyns who claimed Elderguard hundreds of years ago.
The Emperor of Elderguard at the time was Elias Kolwyn, the 531st Emperor of Elderguard; known as Elias the Constructor.

The Year 0660 WA
Morhen invades the lands before the Citadel.
Elias sacrifices himself in a ritual of magic of never-before seen scope; he channels all of his power and every piece of his soul into transforming and fusing The Citadel together with Mount Stonespike.
Stonewall is raised to the top of the mountain, cutting off any means of access to it.
The war ends, Morhen takes control over Elderguard, or of what is left of it.
The Citadel becomes known as the City of Legend.









The Years 0661-1320 WA

Morhen becomes Emperor, again.
He orders the building of a city on the mountains slopes.
The first Master Builders arise.
The basin of Mount Stonespike becomes a City, soon after mining and stonemasonry work begins. A new city is being built, above the Basin City, in the face of the mountain.
Mysterious men appear in the newly-built seven cities, all of them engraved in Mount Stonespike.
They are revealed to be mages who lived inside the City of Legend and have come to deliver justice upon Morhen.
A short Civil War occurs. Morhen is killed and his tyrannic rule is ended.
A man named Dominus becomes Emperor; becoming known as the Peaceful Emperor.
He organizes the further building of the Cities in the Mountain; the cities welcome settlers.
Soon after, the Master Builders reach the City of Legend. It is renamed The Royal City.
Dominus dies of old age and is inherited by his oldest son, Divinatus, who begins the Sanctorius bloodline.

The Years 1321-1500 WA

Sanctorius royal bloodline oversees and brings the construction of the Seven Cities to a completion.

People of all cultures and races come to live in the Mountain Cities.
Magic, Culture and Science start to become widespread.
The 400th Sanctorius Emperor, Angelos names the Mountain Cities:
Elderhearth.

The Years 1500-1746 WA

Elderhearth becomes a Wonder. It is a megalopolis that is able to hold millions of humans at the same time. Discoveries are made on every field. New arts and talents are being discovered every day.
Magic becomes a fine art.
Generations of the Sanctorius Family come and pass, making Elderhearth a safe haven for everyone who wishes to find peace.
Elderhearth becomes the trading capital of the Continent.
Emperor Divinicus ascends to the Throne of Elderhearth at the young age of 18.

The Year 1798 WA

A Civil War begins. Divinicus' uncle, Aggron decides to overthrow Divinicus and take the crown for himself.








The Year 1800 WA

Aggron executes Divinicus and takes the Throne.
Almost every Loyalist Faction of Divinicus is round up and destroyed.
Some things change within the city, mainly the discrimination of the Nairn (yellow skinned) people becomes most notable.
Emperor Aggron ostracizes them to such an extent that he forces them to the lowest City in Elderhearth, now known as the Ghetto Level where life quality is severely impaired.

The Year 1808-1810 (PRESENT) WA

Aggron dies of unknown cause; Divinicus' son, Edenstahl, is revealed to be a traitor of the Throne and is executed in the Royal City.
Aggron's oldest son, Aetherus becomes Emperor and is current Emperor of Elderhearth.











































CONTINENT

Elderhearth: City-State with Kingdom status, known for its sheer size and openness to everyone and everything, also regarded as a bastion of Magic

Rule type: Bloodline heir monarch with a Decision making body comprised of Noble families



Konquestia (name can be changed): Steppes where nomadic people live, who have recently started pouring into the rest of the Continent due to conquering tendencies

Rule type: Khanate, where everything is decided by the Khan and his Triate (Three advisors and Vice-Khans, essentially).



Desert (needs name): Vast Empire that is a closed-off Warrior Country, outside its borders, a minimal number of people even knows there are people that live here

Rule type: Empire, ruled by a Warrior „Prophet“ Emperor who is „Divinely Chosen“



North (needs name): Gigantic, frozen mountain range covered area that is comprised of many Tribe-Kingdoms, closed off

Rule type: Jarl-Kings rule their respective Tribe-Kingdoms, but have a United Capital where the High King resides and makes decisions together with other Jarl-Kings.



Sredinah Empire: An Empire located in the center of the Continent, large, populated

Rule type: Classic Divine Empire type



There are many more smaller Kingdoms and neutral countries thrown around the Continent, but the largest and most influential players are the ones listed above.



Kingdom Dark: A place, deep within the Northeast part of the Continent, maybe even oversea, but close enough to the Continent to be considered a part of it. Not much is known about it except that it's a place where people do not return from. Many tales surround it, such as horrifying monstrosities living there, that it's actually a necropolis where the cursed souls of the undead live, etc...









© 2019 Digganobz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on July 2, 2019
Last Updated on July 2, 2019
Tags: fantasy

Author

Digganobz
Digganobz

Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina



About
Just a creative nerd looking for ways to express his mind. more..

Writing
JAX JAX

A Story by Digganobz


Lovac Lovac

A Story by Digganobz


INQUISITOR INQUISITOR

A Story by Digganobz