JAX

JAX

A Story by Digganobz
"

Character backstory for Dungeons and Dragons

"

Name: Jax Hildebrand

Race: Human

Nation: Rausten

Class: Blood Hunter

Background: Urban Bounty Hunter (SCAG)

Age: 22

Height: 187

Weight: 96

Hair and beard: Ashen colored Undercut, with a tied ponytail and a beard with shaved mustache.

Eyes: flaming orange, dimly glowing



Family origin, and a bit of backstory:



Jax was born as the youngest son in the Hilderbrand family; an old, and proud family with a history that consists of hunting monsters, with specializing in hunting and exterminating Vampires. They are based in Rausten, but oftenly, they work outside of the Country, sometimes going as far as the outer fringers of Bernal. Danger is no stranger to this family of predators. They are moulded by the strict rules of their Brotherhood, of which Jax's father, Vlfheim, is the current Maester. The Brotherhood, commonly referred to as Ordo Venator Monstrorum, or the Order of Monster Hunters, is spearheaded by Hildebrand family members, but other individuals willing to join the cause of exterminating the scourge of monsters, ghouls, vampires and other vile things are welcome to join. Alas, no one but the Hilderbrands knows nothing about the inner workings of the Brotherhood, since they have separated outposts and headquarters for members who do not belong to the Hilderbrand bloodline, since the family keeps a dark secret.

A rite of passage reserved only for those born of the first Hilderbrand, whose name is now referred to as „The First“.
When the moon is full, a ritual known as The Taming takes place, where a member of the Hilderbrand family is taken into a special room and the Maester at the time bestows upon them a curse that changes their flesh into that which resembles a humanoid wolf. They are infected with the Lycan virus and become werewolves. That enhances their senses, their physical prowess and their combat skill by a significant amount, but from that point on they are also driven by a wild, violent feeling of hunger which they must learn to put under control.

The Hilderbrands all have specific, beastial auras, and lupine natures that they are feared by the common folk, oftentimes being looked down upon and unwelcome in most parts of Rausten.

Their ancestral home, where the Maester resides, alongside other members of his family is located on a secluded mountain, where not many people dare to dwell.



Jax is different from the rest of his brothers, sisters and other cousins and family members. He was the only one of the Hilderbrand family who was born under a full moon and who had the Lycan curse upon birth. Because of that, everyone keeps calling him „Young Wolf“ or „Pup“. Since he was 5 years old, his father put him under rigorous training (as the rest of his siblings) and Jax grew up to be a capable and strong man, when speaking of battle prowess. He is a bit of a weird guy, not as good with people, since he was always looked at differently for not going through The Taming. His oldest brother, Nargothrond, who is the current heir to the Maester title is the only one who kept Jax close and the two of them have a really close relationship. Since Jax became of age when every Hilderbrand receives a personal quest that will be their trial of passage, to determine if he is worthy of taking up the family name and working as a Hunter, his father sent him out, and gave him two years to collect twelve pairs of Vampiric teeth and bring them back home. If he succeeds, he gains access to the Hilderbrand Archives, a place where a great many of artifacts, tomes of books, scrolls, items and weapons are gathered and at the discretion of Hilderbrands and earns a spot at the Hilderbrand Warrior Council. If he fails in the time that was alloted to him, and should he decide to return home, he is then punished and the Council decides if he is to be stripped from his Lycan powers or given a second chance after undergoing a far stricter training than before. Other than that, the only other way he can fail is by dying.

He's been out and about in Rausten for a year and two months now. He has slain seven vampires and is missing five more in order to set out on a path back home. During his downtime between the Hunts, he does small time jobs, that vary from mercenary work to monster hunting quests, nothing too great, just enough to earn some coin so he can get by and maintain himself.

That's where his story in the campaign begins.





© 2019 Digganobz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

21 Views
Added on July 2, 2019
Last Updated on July 2, 2019
Tags: dnd

Author

Digganobz
Digganobz

Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina



About
Just a creative nerd looking for ways to express his mind. more..

Writing
Lovac Lovac

A Story by Digganobz


INQUISITOR INQUISITOR

A Story by Digganobz


VALKYR VALKYR

A Story by Digganobz