A New Dawn for a New Day

A New Dawn for a New Day

A Poem by D. Nelson
"

George Bush's presidency draws to a close and a new age of greatness approaches. Hope.

"

 

And to all those watching tonight from beyond our shores, from parliaments and palaces, to those who are huddled around radios in the forgotten corners of the world, our stories are singular, but our destiny is shared, and a new dawn of American leadership is at hand.To those who would tear the world down: We will defeat you. To those who seek peace and security: We support you. And to all those who have wondered if America's beacon still burns as bright: Tonight we proved once more that the true strength of our nation comes not from the might of our arms or the scale of our wealth, but from the enduring power of our ideals: democracy, liberty, opportunity and unyielding hope.”

 

     -Presidential Elect Barack Obama

 

 

 

A new dawn of prosperity has arrived with great accord,

 

 

bringing a thunderous end to an age for which there was no more we could afford.

 

 

Poverty may still remain leaving our nation stained,

 

 

perhaps it will be more fair with taxes raised on the rich who look down with disdain.

 

 

Strip away all that is unnecessary until only truth, justice and hope remain.

 

 

Ignorance left those totally unaware and only pretending as if they knew the pain,

 

 

but when their rich man's stocks began to fall they sure as hell all complained.

 

 

You can't act as if you know when you never fell bellow goal

 

 

and dipped into an impoverished state,

 

 

until you hit that low then you never can relate,

 

 

not until your mothers fighting cancer while living under power lines

 

 

can you speak about what its like to live within these hard times,

 

 

not until your father looses work and you're forced to live on welfare

 

 

can you speak an ounce about what isn't fair.

 

 

And don't act is you really cared because the broken parts on your Mercedes cost too much to repair.

 

 

You don't know the struggle of the average man until you live it so you can understand.

 

 

Before you realize it your living in a matrix of irrationality

 

 

that erases your human nature and your original nationality,

 

 

socio-economic entrapment by the global-media-fashion-agenda fake reality.

 

 

If you're not allied to me then don't try to fight along my side, spitting fallacies.

 

 

I don't have to get permission to act upon my mission and free the minds of my fellow kind.

 

 

We've become seduced by lies that we're fighting for,

 

 

we've been so quick to give up our freedoms and traditions without knowing what they're asking for. 

 

 

But the key In the ignition was giving up all we had when we knew that they'd come back for more, 

 

 

warming a start to an engine of change that began to consumed everything in it's path,

 

 

a forward moving freight-train of freedom not willing for exchange

 

 

a level of patriotism so strange rising from the shred that left the neo-cons broken up or dead.

 

 

And now its been torn down and it's a new dawn,

 

 

the beginning of a new age of prosperity for a new time

 

 

our stories may be opposite but our destinies remain entwined.

 

 

Because finally it was time to take a stand because “a new dawn of American leadership is at hand.”

 

 

Just because George Bush may not have caused these world problems alone

 

 

doesn't mean hes not responsible for the all issues at home,

 

 

a man that commits acts such as these clearly has no sense of self.

 

 

He should be tried for and by the people and nobody else

 

 

a man that kept us all enslaved for years doesn't deserve a jury of peers.

 

 

We've got a new presidential elect, so you better step off.

 

 

And just how long will it take for you to understand

 

 

just because you are presidentially elected or nominated

 

 

it doesn't mean you're completely and automatically exonerated.

 

 

You are still just as susceptible to to the scrutiny of the law,

 

 

if not even more vulnerable after the horrible acts that we saw.

 

 

Because “a new dawn of American leadership is at hand”

 

 

and after eight years of opposition it was time to take a stand.

 

 

Because as you just heard it from the source, its a new dawn,

 

 

the beginning of a new age of prosperity of a new time

 

 

our stories may be opposite but our destinies remain entwined.

 

 

 

 

 

© 2008 D. Nelson


Author's Note

D. Nelson
tell me what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"You can't act as if you know when you never fell bellow goal
and dipped into an impoverished state,
until you hit that low then you never can relate..."


Those lines spoke loudly! They all did actually. It's time for change and we are now rubbing elbows with it. I have such a peaceful and hope filled feeling about our new leadership. I think our country is going to see some wonderful changes. And I pray.

Nice work on this Dillon. You ranted ... but then ended it on a hopeful note. :) At some point we have to focus on the positive and drain the negative of all of its energy.







Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Nothing wromg with a ramt. Everyone needs to let it all out sometimes. This was really honest and I liked it. Nice work

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A wonderful new era approaches and i hope and pray he is given the chance to deliver on all his promises and then some. Lovely piece Dillon :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"You can't act as if you know when you never fell bellow goal
and dipped into an impoverished state,
until you hit that low then you never can relate..."


Those lines spoke loudly! They all did actually. It's time for change and we are now rubbing elbows with it. I have such a peaceful and hope filled feeling about our new leadership. I think our country is going to see some wonderful changes. And I pray.

Nice work on this Dillon. You ranted ... but then ended it on a hopeful note. :) At some point we have to focus on the positive and drain the negative of all of its energy.







Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 6, 2008
Last Updated on November 7, 2008

Author

D. Nelson
D. Nelson

Monterey County, CA



About
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Lyrics from "Waiting for my Ruca" AKA "Romon.. more..

Writing
Ether Ether

A Poem by D. Nelson


Symphony Symphony

A Poem by D. Nelson