Wrong Time (That Was Even Less Right)

Wrong Time (That Was Even Less Right)

A Poem by D. Nelson

Here I am on the opposite side of the wrong time,

waiting for the right sign to leave so I can hear the drop without the dime.

There she is siting with her friend called the devil,

from the look in her eyes and the way she asks for another double I can tell shes a rebel.

I can't believe she'd be in a place like this,

but there she is and her eyes are cold as her voice is bold so I can tell I'm barkin' down the wrong road,

and I can tell that she don't love her self and her life is getting old too fast for her own...

dare I say good? Bad would sound better but accuracy is a whole other endeavor.

Even better than bad would be in the region of sad or the feeling deep inside that just drives you mad.

As it turns out; I have a thing for the women who love me more than they love themselves.

Maybe its because they always change and I don't (and when I say don't what I really mean is wont.)

As I've said before; I'm still the same nicotine addicted self righteous alcoholic,

thats a way I intend to stay whichever way she calls it.

So there she is alone, smoking her camel, talking to her mother on her phone.

“Why can't you be like you're brother and come on home?”

It might be because I feel trapped or because I'm just an a*s,

but I stayed on behind for her to come along and make a another lyric in my song.

It's probably the alcohol but I think this maybe might be the one to finally save me.

“If we turn out the lights and make a bit of mess I could talk a little less.”

It feels so wrong and it doesn't feel right, in fact nothing was good that night...

I guess that none of us will never know because in the end I went to bed all alone.

Perhaps it was for the best because she got to melt into all the rest and save me all the stress.

But here I am again on the opposite side of the wrong time,

waiting for the right sign to leave so I can hear the drop without the dime...

© 2008 D. Nelson


Author's Note

D. Nelson
Tell me what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on December 21, 2008

Author

D. Nelson
D. Nelson

Monterey County, CA



About
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Lyrics from "Waiting for my Ruca" AKA "Romon.. more..

Writing
Ether Ether

A Poem by D. Nelson


Symphony Symphony

A Poem by D. Nelson