The End

The End

A Poem by D. Nelson
"

After months of writer's block I read two consecutive words; Forever, End, and I was suddenly compelled to grab a pen, since then I've refined what I scribbled into this piece.

"

If you wonder why we can't just all get along,

its cause if nobody was fighting then we'd all be alone,
its cause we all got our demons that live deep in our soul
So it comes down to asking yourself  just who's in control,
Is it yourself or do you worship your iPod and your mobile phone?
This is the truth that tells me what could kill me,
but in the end I don't think it all matters really
I guess it all depends individually on what you want you to be
So don't act like somebody else cause you can never be me,
and I wont act like you cause I know I can never be free.
 
So I live my life just like I'm dying whenever,
and I'll be dying as if I would be living forever
Slipping away asking why can't everybody peice it together?
You can't just go through life believing whatever,
It doesn't matter who you fight cause you're still killing your brother,
and it doesn't matter who you f**k cause you're still rapping your mother.
You can't hurt a single person cause its all of us who suffer,
and you can't say it was the alchohol when it was you, mother f****r.
 
I'm glad my voice is back so I can finally be heard,
but I'm worried I'm not far enough to express what I've learned, 
I wonder everyday if I have something or if I'm just acting absurd.
I feel useless like something with meaning in a material world.
Is there any point in trying to find the metaphor in the beautiful mural?
Nobody ever has the answers that I'm searching for,
and I've never thought so hard while I've written before.
Like I said I'm glad to speak again but I don't know if I want any more.
 
I try to avoid it passing through my head as I make my home,
I try to stay away from all the issues I've got as I've grown.
I'm worried that It's become to much to internalize,
and I know you worry too cause I can see it in your eyes.
I wanna know what keeps me awake every single night,
I wanna know why I feel like the end is in sight,
I wanna know all the reasons were here,
I wanna know why I feel that there is nothing to fear,
Why the daylight is so blinding but the night is so clear.
I need to know why I'm sure that I'm not a machine,
Why the truth is always dirty but a lie is so clean,
and why It's a feeling like hate that makes me a human being.
 

© 2009 D. Nelson


Author's Note

D. Nelson
Please tell me what you think, it's been a while...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very strong piece. I enjoy socio-political rant poetry! I don't see it super often here, but yours was dope!

"It doesn't matter who you fight cause you're still killing your brother,
and it doesn't matter who you f**k cause you're still rapping your mother.
You can't hurt a single person cause its all of us who suffer,
and you can't say it was the alchohol when it was you, mother f****r."

We all feel this way at some point, and you bring up great ones with this piece!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is just--wow. There were so many lines that struck me.
"So I live my life just like I'm dying whenever,
and I'll be dying as if I would be living forever" for example, and "It doesn't matter who you fight cause you're still killing your brother,".
Emotions pour out in every line. Very nicely written. Keep up the awesome work! :D

~Lauren

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very strong piece. I enjoy socio-political rant poetry! I don't see it super often here, but yours was dope!

"It doesn't matter who you fight cause you're still killing your brother,
and it doesn't matter who you f**k cause you're still rapping your mother.
You can't hurt a single person cause its all of us who suffer,
and you can't say it was the alchohol when it was you, mother f****r."

We all feel this way at some point, and you bring up great ones with this piece!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

you never fail to show emotion..powerful and raw and simply amazing! you are such a wonderful emotive writer, I'm always in awe of your abilities. I'm so glad you share your work with me. I too have had and still have writers block but i hope with reading this kind of work i will feel inspired to try again... always your friend xxxx

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well, I for one am glad you're back. This piece shows an inner struggle we all face as well as questions we ask ourselves at some points of our lives. I agree with Blue Jean Baby when she said the only thing you can really honestly have any control over is you and your own actions. I would like to add that if you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

You chose to develop your talent as a poet, now get busy and express yourself some more!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I guess we al wonder what if from time to time. It's all those questions about how different things would be or if they would even really be tht different. Then you start to think that noone out there really cares if it would be different or not bcause it would just be how things are no matter what the ifs and the whys or hows. The only thing you can really honsetly have any control over is you and your own actions. It's about you not everyone else. It's about your choices and your actions. Those are the ones that count, those are the ones that could maybe make a difference. But the what if game is just that because we can't change the past, it is what it is. You can only change the future by taking a look at our actions and choices of the present. How are you living your life now and if it in't good what can you do to change it. What if you made this choice now instead of that choice, how would that matter in the fuure?

I like this, it's self discovery. We all have to question who and what we are occasionaly, it's human nature I suppose. I think you have something wonderful here. Keep up the great work and I'm glad your writers block is over.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 18, 2009
Last Updated on June 22, 2009

Author

D. Nelson
D. Nelson

Monterey County, CA



About
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Lyrics from "Waiting for my Ruca" AKA "Romon.. more..

Writing
Ether Ether

A Poem by D. Nelson


Symphony Symphony

A Poem by D. Nelson



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Too Thug... Too Thug...

A Poem by Lalli


Lady Sphinx Lady Sphinx

A Poem by Collette