Carly The Cat

Carly The Cat

A Story by Dirkgently1066
"

Friends come in all shapes and sizes

"
Carly the Cat was a black and white cat who lived in a house by the sea.
She napped 'til late morning, drank saucers of milk and was quite as content as could be.

But then one day, out of the blue, came a knock on the cottage door.
And there on the step, scratching its head, stood a dog with a big hairy paw.

Well Carly the Cat looked at the dog and wrinkled her nose to a frown.
This just wouldn't do, a smelly old dog, whose hair was all dirty and brown.

She hissed at the dog, and sat on her haunches, her tail stood stiff like a dart.
The dog bared his teeth, gave a loud bark and Carly shot off with a start.

They ran out the back door and into the garden and ran all over the field.
They ran to the shops and they ran to the beach and they ran until one would yield.

They ran and they ran until it was dark, neither cat nor dog could see.
And when morning came and the sun came up, Carly found she was stuck in a tree!

She hissed and she cried but the dog only laughed and Carly began to feel sad.
And the dog's laughter stopped and he scratched his head and started to feel rather bad.

So the big hairy dog climbed onto the tree and reached out a paw with a yelp.
To Carly's surprise and great relief, the dog was trying to help.

And together they lowered Carly the Cat safely back to the ground.
And from that moment on, Carly and dog were the best friend each other had found.

© 2015 Dirkgently1066


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
Silly,my sort of poem.Only thing,thought the flow could have been a little better.(but that's personal preference I suppose.)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Dirkgently1066

9 Years Ago

I agree, this was an earlier version of the rhyme that I posted by mistake!

Updated ver.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

362 Views
1 Review
Added on January 4, 2015
Last Updated on January 7, 2015
Tags: Children's story, Bedtime story

Author

Dirkgently1066
Dirkgently1066

Sutton, Surrey, United Kingdom



About
Full time father, aspiring writer. Blogs, short stories and flash fiction, inspired by my experiences of mental illness. I also write children's stories and lots of other nonsense besides. Bring.. more..

Writing