Relief

Relief

A Story by Rashid
"

Never meant to hurt you

"
Your life has been a constant struggle of tragedy and comedy, some days is one extreme, some days the other. Even a day that would be null, you'd just throw at another extreme, it just made living easier. 
It feels better when you are in your own imaginary play, while you were just a character. No, no, the main character, you just didn't know that you were, or that your life was a play. But the more you live, the more you understand you have to drop all of this opera you created in your head. And one by one you strip down.

Down you go, slowly you will think that all this is doing is just changing you to a basic person with nothing special. But sooner or later you will strip down that thought too, realizing that you were always a basic person, with nothing special, nothing to be written or acted upon. You were just someone trying to be someone you are not. But maybe then, when I leave you, you will take it as  how it was. No arguments, no bad feelings, just me. Leaving you.

And yet with all your past creeping behind you and trying to put you down, you won't let it register my desertion as another peak tragedy. For you it will be just another day, you'll go back to things you did when I wasn't there,  be the person you were before me. Perhaps maybe then you will feel relief.

© 2020 Rashid


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

21 Views
Added on July 8, 2020
Last Updated on July 8, 2020

Author

Rashid
Rashid

Netherlands



About
I took a big old break from this, but then all of a sudden, a few things came back to me. Let's see how far we go this time more..

Writing
Hope Hope

A Poem by Rashid


Threat Threat

A Story by Rashid