Sky is the limit

Sky is the limit

A Story by Trailblazer
"

A vicenarian unearths the magic in himself.

"
Hey there...
This is an anecdote on the sudden realization of a man who found his capabilities to be astonishing. This story does not offer something supernatural but sees magic being made..

Divankar, in his early 20's , was living a life in the same merry way a middle class boy would do.He was a well built healthy man who was not much of an athlete but sought to be.He would see the aids of getting fit when he saw his friends do things easily what he was having a hard time doing.

One day ,his friends asked him to join them for jogging ..He hesitated on the first day and excused himself by saying he'll join them tomorrow. On the following day he decided to not say no to his friends though he was mentally unavailable. As the jogging began, he decided to run at the same pace his friends were and in no time he saw himself left behind as he was not able to complete even 300 metres.He stopped to take a breath and after a while saw his friends returning. He was sad at heart about not being able to do the task .

The following some days were the same and the misery for him did not stop.
Then, on a random day,he was given a headstart and he started to run on the same pace like every other day. After a while,at the point where he used to give up, he looked back and did not find his friends on the trail. He wondered what could have taken them so long but unlike other days he did not stop and continued to run even after the regular exhaustion point. He looked back several times without stopping and yet did not find his friends. He decided to then stop at the regular finishing point which until now he didn't even dream of reaching. At last he saw himself reaching the finishing point without feeling weary and did not stop even at it. The excitement of this enlightened ability of his did not want him to stop . That day,he ran for 2.5 kms straight.

He was both astonished and excited at this feat of his. And the one realization that did not go away from his mind since was that the only thing stopping him from achieving this feat was his mind . He realized that the brain is responsible for both the things- the former being to achieve the unachievable and the latter being to put a halt to these achievements..

He ran the same distance for the days to follow until he found it a piece of cake. And he knew- "Sky is the limit."

© 2018 Trailblazer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

49 Views
Added on March 14, 2018
Last Updated on March 14, 2018

Author

Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand, India



About
A moment devoid of discovery is a moment well wasted. more..

Writing