Letter One

Letter One

A Chapter by Djzelly
"

Day One - Your best friend

"
Dear Devlin,

You've been my best friend for over 4 years now. I remember praying each night as a young girl, praying to find that one friend who would be true. It was so hard to make friends back then. We moved so much and girls are such terrible people. lol. But then we moved here and I found you. I remember the first time I met you. And I know I've told you the story so many times but I might as well tell it again.

I was walking down the hall with a new friend of mine, Kylee, and you were following behind her trying to get her attention. When we made it to the cafeteria you explained to her how you waited outside of her class every other day for the past two weeks to work up the nerve and ask her out. Haha, her face... she practically yelled "EW NO!" I was shocked that she had been so blunt with you. Personally I thought your jest sweet. I thought to myself 'I would've given him a chance.' and I wished that some boy would've done that for me.

I remember when we exchanged numbers and started talking more frequently. I swear we are the same person on the inside. Only difference is you're the male version and I'm the female version. I love how we'd come up with the same silly jokes when watching tv together or how we had the same thoughts about silly things. Honestly... I never could have imagined anything better in my life than you.

And just look at us now. We're married! I've found my best friend and married him. That truly is a wonderful thought, a wonderful feeling. I miss you so much at times. We've been through so much together, made so many dreams together, and experienced all of our "firsts" together. You are the one who's helped me become the person I am today. You helped me to build my confidence, to believe in myself and truly find myself.

Thank you. For absolutely everything. I love you with all my heart and soul Devlin. c: And you'll always be my best friend.

- Love your wifey-poo, Katie  <3


© 2012 Djzelly


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on June 8, 2012
Last Updated on June 8, 2012


Author

Djzelly
Djzelly

About
нєℓℓo, ι αм → Katie or Mrs. T киoωи αs → DJZelly cυяяєитℓч, &.. more..

Writing