Promises

Promises

A Chapter by Pheonix
"

"It seems that ive got a little competition.....Jacob Drew......Look out for Dezmond Layton cuz noone messes with the DeGraw city unless its me"

"

Promises

 

 

"Dez get up its time to wake up"I could hear Nathans voice yet a part of me reasoned with my eyelids to not open. It was like my brain and my body had an agreement that sleep was more inportant than my brother and i had to agree"Dez i know you can hear me!" I couldent stop the sniker that escaped my mouth "SEE I HEARD THAT STOP PLAYING WITH ME" my brain then told my mouth to do the only lodgicall thing at the time to say "shh im sleeping" even when my vision was clouded by black i could just imagine his foot stomp the ground and his face turning red "Fine then, i will just tell harold that you dont want any breakfast" i heard the door slam and i smiled in victory. streching my arms over my head i chuckled "hahaha i cant belive he gave up that easily HA! and using breakfast as a threat i mean if Harolds macking it then........OH S**T! WAIT IM COMMING" i untangeld my self from the covers only to slip on my brothers shoe "Grrrrr" i growled in frustration remembering to beat him up for that later.

 

I skidded along the many hall ways, my socks for once giving me an advantage on the waxed marble floors"D****t we need signs" already i have taken 5 wrong turns causing time i didnt have to waste.I nearly gave up till the smell of something glorious caught my senses. Quicker than i thought i could run i was down the stairs on a path heading towards the Kitchen. Once at the door i smoothly patted down my unruely brown mop of hair and opend the door. To my suprise their was no Harold no breakfast and no Nathan. I scrached my hair in comfusion "where the hell has everyone gone"

"its good to know that at least one of my sons are very well prepared and aware of there suroundings" i cringed when i heard the voice echo of the kitchens walls. my exspression turned stoic. So much for a nice relaxing breakfast "Dad what are you doing here i thought you were with the gang downtown" I dared not to turn around not because i was afraid of him but because i did not want him to see my face when he told me his reason for being here. I had one guess and i hopped to god that i was wrong. Sadly i never am."Well im here to take Nathan for more training, that boy needs to grow a back bone. Hes going to be introduced to the buisness in 2 weeks. And as you well know the only way to acheive this is to pound it into him!"

 

I clenched my hands into fists and my back went riggid.I was straining to keep my anger under wraps for Nathans sake. If i blew up who knows how much anger my Dad would take out on him when trsining. "Got something to say boy Spit It Out!......Good i see you agree, we will be back in 2 hours. I exspect you to have completed patrol by then" I could here the chair scratch on the marbles floor and the creek of the door open "WAIT" i couldent hold it any longer i had to let it out. "Yes Boy" i waited for what seemed like sevarel hours of silence but infact a mere minuite. "If i see one more bruise then he should have then i cant promise you im not going to understand why and be forced to do something i will regret" i turned around to be met with my fathers eyes set a flame with anger "HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT Have you forgotton who i am" My fists clenched tighter untill my knuckles were white. "THINK ABOUT WHO I AM" we both stayed there silent. Unmoving. Our eyes were having a stand off. Some people say that when i was angry my eyes are like looking into a total inferno of fire. And surely my dad backed down. "Ok only this once i will promise that but Dez only this once. Stand againts me again and ill have to do something that i would never regret.....Understood"

 

I nodded in apprecation and he walked out of the back door. I released a sigh i never knew i had while i slumped down on one of the breakfast bar stools. i was brought out of my thought by the ring of my phone. "Hello" i answerd "Dez my man i gotta request hit for you man." I groaned,great.... to add to a suckish morning i know have Maze to worry about. Sure hes my best friend but the guy thinks hes superman "What Hit is it Maze"

"Apparentley theirs word in the hood that your old man was beaten in a fight by some rival gang"

"Well that exsplains why hes training my brother so early"

"Yeah man hes desprate poor Nath little guys gunna feel it later, anyways they say that this one guy took down 8 of us including your old man"

i raised an eyebrow in intrest "seriously"

"yeah man. their was witnesses and everything"

I ran a hand though my hair "and im guessing i have to get some info on the guy right" "hahah dude you took the words right out of my mouth"

"ill see you later Maze i better get ready"

" Ok Dez ill send his name and information to your cell good luck man"

i hung up my phone waiting for the information to be sent. and slumped down in my chair. The phone screen inluminated and my eyes scanned the information "It seems that ive got a little competition.....Jacob Drew......Look out for Dezmond Layton cuz noone messes with the DeGraw city unless its me"



© 2011 Pheonix


Author's Note

Pheonix
hope you liked it x tried spell checking but iff you see any mistakes pplz let me kno x

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love it so far, there's a lot of detail and imagery. I few spelling and grammar mistakes, but who am it to point them out. Great job, none the less, I'm reallly liking the story so far.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love it so far, alot of imagery and detail. Enjoyed the plot. Nicely done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 25, 2011
Last Updated on April 25, 2011


Author

Pheonix
Pheonix

United Kingdom



About
Im only 13 so i would say i have more ideas stuck in my head then i can handle so i thought best to write them down. I Love to sing and write my own music as well as listen too it. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Pheonix