Chapter Six: What To Do Now

Chapter Six: What To Do Now

A Chapter by Some Random Person.

“So,” I started to end the silence, “Are we really going to part ways?” I asked.


“First things first,” Nick replied, “Where the hell are we?”


“Forest of Dean, I think. I remembered reading about it in Harry Potter. Never quite thought it was real though,” I replied. I kneeled down to meet him at eye level. “We should get you to a hospital.”


He tried to get up, but cringed in pain. At the same time of putting up a show of braveness, he screamed, “NO! We can’t go to the hospital. Don’t you remember that we’re being hunted down, and hospitals are forced to report to the authorities about gunshot wounds.”


“Yes, I know that, but Nick, you’re injured beyond first aid. I can’t help you. We have to go to the hospital,” I replied.


“No, he’s right,” Alex spoke up. “I can perform a surgery on him, since it’s just a bullet in his arm and nowhere near any arteries,” she paused. “At least from what I can tell.”


“Are you sure?” I asked unsure.”We can call in a doctor.”


“Do you have the money to do that?” Mom asked.


“Well, no. Not since they froze my bank account.” I thought for a second while Alex started to get Nick ready for her surgery. “WAIT! Do you have a gun?” I asked.


“No, do you?” I shook my head, but Nick nodded.


“Really?” I asked.  Nick nodded again, but was losing strength. “Where do you hide it?” He shifted his eyes to his right jacket pocket. I reached in and pulled out a black Baretta 90-two that still had at least five rounds in it. “Blink how many rounds are in here.” He blinked six times. “That should be enough to do exactly what I need.”


I stepped away from Nick and Alex and put the Baretta into my pocket.  As I started to walk away, Alex stopped me. “Wait! What are you planning on doing, rob a bank?”


“Of course not. I plan on robbing a house. Let’s see how the English feel about this.” I replied.


“The English-What are you talking about?” Alex demanded.


“The Forest of Dean is in England because the Harry Potter series is English through and through. Didn’t you know that?”

“After my time, Sandra.” She replied.


“Yet you didn’t question when I said something about reading it in a book you’ve never heard of.”


“I figured that I shouldn’t ask. I might read it later though.” Alex retorted.


“No you won’t.” I replied under my breath as I walked away from them. I walked for miles and found no civilization. No road, no house, no cabin, no horse or car. I was starting to worry about getting back or even going forward more because it was starting to get dark.


I walked through the Forest of Dean, leaving a trail of broken limbs in my wake until I realised that I was walking in circles. I looked around, frantically breathing, frantically searching for a way back or out. I looked and looked with desperation increasing by the second. Then I realised when I felt my pocket that I had my TM. Quickly, I pulled it out and pressed the button. I thought about my grandfather possibly dying from the gunshot and about my mother taking over his reigns calmly without temptation.


I closed my eyes and felt my body twisting and stretching beyond normal human comprehension. I felt the air pulling and pushing me, spiralling around until I let go of the button. I opened my eyes just in time to see the Time Stream fading out and hurling me at a hundred meters per second towards the ground. I quickly got into impact position, and a few seconds later, I closed my eyes as I felt the impact.


“OOOOWWW!” I squeaked as I rolled my self out. I slowly got to my feet, with my head still swimming. Stretching out my arms for balance, my vision started to clear. Looking around, listening, as I heard the wind brushing past the trees’ leaves and into my ears. Closing my eyes to concentrate on sounds, listening for the civilized world’s noise.


Birds chirped as the day drifted away from me. Leaves bristled with wind flowing through them. Nuts fell to the ground at the hands of those pesky squirrels. As I turned myself around to refocus my hearing, I heard a few twigs breaking under my feet, then a few bushes bussleing  a few feet in front of me. I opened my eyes and starred in the direction of the noise and saw a small, maybe a month old kit. As soon as I spotted it, it spied me and kept a frightened watchful eye on me.


I looked away from the cute little fox and looked around for any lights. It was starting to darken to the point that between two or three trees in the east was a glowing circular shape in the sky. I decided that I should go west, maybe find a little civilization, or at least some sort of water. The temperature was starting to drop below comfortable.


As soon as I spotted a flame attempting to consume some of the branches covering the forest grounds, I decided I would find the flames and see if they were started by people. I ran past the flames, turned around, looked vigilantly for a sign of people. I looked down at the ground, looking for some sort of shoe print that wasn’t mine. Unfortunately, there weren’t many, and the prints that were there were mine. I twirled around, trying to find any sign at all of civilization. At last, there was a call. I could barely make it out, but I’m pretty sure it was Alex trying to find me. I ran in the direction of the sound.  I listened carefully for foot steps or for anything. I paused to catch my breath when a person ran into me, nearly knocking me over.


“Wha-” I blurted out, as I turned around to see what ran into me. “Who are you?” I asked. A shady figure stood in front of me similar to the one on the train. Its’ shady hands started forming signs- he or she was using sign language to talk. I recognised many of them as ASL. My aunt was deaf when I knew her. She taught me sign language. I’m afraid I might’ve lost a lot of that because I barely used it and she died when I went off to College in a car accident. Suddenly, the lessons came flooding back to me.


Signing, the figure said, “My name is Linda. I was sent here from Tom. He says you know ASL.”


I nodded my hand, signing yes, then “Why did Tom send you?”


“To warn you. You’re being tracked,” the figure signed back.


“Yeah, I know. That’s why I’m on the run.” I signed.


“Every time you use your manipulator, they can track you down. That’s how I found you. You need to use this one.” the figure signed, then ruffled through its shady jacket and handed me a manipulator.


I didn’t take it. “How do I know that you’re telling me the truth?” I signed back. “Who are you anyway?”


“Someone who is dead, to you anyways. Believe me, don’t. That’s your choice.” A female voice that I’ve heard so many times before during my childhood. The female shadow figure person disappeared into the setting sun.



© 2014 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
I'm starting to lose interest... I think I'll put this down for a while. Until I get new ideas. Or you can give me some ideas... Please?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
Added on December 31, 2014
Last Updated on December 31, 2014


Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing