BBI- Chapter One

BBI- Chapter One

A Chapter by Some Random Person.

"Sharron!" My annoying boss's voice came booming out of his desk calling me over to him. I sighed as I swiveled my chair so that I could get up. I walked over to his office, and stood by the door.

 

"Yes, sir?" I asked, inching away from the madman, towards the door. 

 

"You're going to Hawaii. You've been assigned to take this case." He handed me a file. I looked up at him.

 

"Seriously?" I asked him. Wait- He's bribing you. But can he really do that? I mean, he'd surely lose his job. Or his mind. Or both.

 

"Yes, Sharron. You're assignment is getting a bomb maker to surrender himself to our forces. You speak Japanese, right?" I nodded, waiting for him to continue. He didn't

 

"Yes, sir," I replied. 

 

"Well, I don't. You'll visit Williamson in five. And be back asap, right, Ms. Whitte?"

 

"Yes, sir," I replied, happier than ever. No more desk duty. I'm finally a field agent. About time, too. I opened the door to the tech room, where I found Laura Williamson. "Hey." I said, breaking Laura's attention.

 

"Oh!" She turned and saw me, "Hi, Sharron. They finally sent you?" I nodded. "Right. Here's your stuff."

 

She waved the table, and a compartment came out of it. An iPod touch, a lipstick, a key to a house, a mint container, a pair of diamond, or something like diamonds earrings, and a Stephen King book appeared in the compartment. I looked up at her and smiled.

 

"Laura, how well do you know me?" I asked her.

 

She nodded at the iPod. "This, is your way to communicate with us. easy to hide, easy to use." She picked up the lipstick. "Looks real, right? Well, it looks great on skin, but burns metal. Try it." She took a screw out of her pocket, and I rubbed the lipstick on it. It smoked, then a small flame started. Awesome, Laura. "And these earrings, don't ever put them on." I was about to ask why, but she stopped me. "Don't separate them unless you absolutely need to. These, Sharron, these are bombs. They have a ten second delay, just enough time for you to run out. They can’t not detonate.” She put them down and picked up the mints. “Sharron, these mints arent’ mints. They control they’re mind. They’re like drugs, or poison. Well, actually, these ones are,” She pointed to the left side, “But these ones, they’re just mints,” She said pointing to the right side of the mint box. She put the mints down. “Now, here’s my favorite. The Stephen King book- It’s not a book.”

 

“Sorry, Laura, I kinda figured that out. So what is it?” I asked her.

 

“Okay, spoil the fun, why don’t ya?” She asked. I tapped my wrist. “Right, it’s a bugsniffer. Well, more like a bug-bomb-drug sniffer. Or the BBDS.”

 

“The Bids?” I asked, laughing.

 

“B-B-D-S! Sharron, pay attention.  The BBDS will be your favorite. If, and when they’re coming around, you push the ‘S’ in Stephen and it’ll show a page from the novel.”

 

“Cool, Laura. Anything else, Laura?” I asked Williamson.

 

“One more.” She took my hand and walked me into another room. A room with a hot pink polka dot bikini.

 

“No. Just hell no. I’m so not wearing that skimpy little thing!” I screeched.

 

“Yes you are. For a bit of it, you’ll have to blend in. You won’t blend in if you wear a tankini or a one piece. The best part about this is that it hides scars and stuff. It has aloe vera in the inside fabris, and theres a secret pocket in the left cup.. It’s also got a bullet vest. Well sort of, more like a skin-an extra skin. You can feel through it too.”

 

“No, because there’s no place for the bullet vest, it shows my skin,” I told her.

 

“Look at it, closely. Take it off the hanger.” I did as she told me. It was a one piece, with a skin-colored thin fabric.

 

“Okay, I can deal with this. This is a lot better than I thought it was going to be.” She laughed at me.

 

“Alrighty Sharron, that’s all I have for you. I’m happy to see that you’re finally a field agent.” I hugged Williamson and left, smiling. I went back to my boss’s office.

 

“Done?” He asked. I nodded. “Then you should open the file up.” I nodded, and started to leave the room, but he stopped me. “No, not in your office, in here, Sharron.” I stopped, just short of the door. Sighing, I sat down in the chair in front of his desk and opened the classified manila folder.

 

The file said that I was to go to Hawaii and track down a bomb maker and jail him. I knew how to make bombs, that part was no trouble. I would have to converge with him and his people. Not a problem either, I have good people skills. Although, that may not be the best part. The hard part would be not yelling at him when he’s wrong. That’s the hard part, not correcting him.

 

“Yes, sir.” I said.

 

“You leave tomorrow, Sharron.” He looked down, and took off his ugly old glasses. “Oh, and I took the liberty of getting Fred to get you a new name, credentials, and a new id, passport, everything.  Your new name is Shelby Harling, from Chiswick. You have Breast Cancer, and you’re running away from the doctors. You’re there to train them in your ways of bomb-making. Oh-you’ll train them. But we’ll have to kill those who you train. Maybe twenty lives, at most. Twenty lives to train and kill to save a city. Go home, Shelby Harling, and get ready. Remember-You’re from London now, not from Sebring, Florida.”

 

I got up from my chair. “Yes, sir.” I left his office, and went to my desk to gather my stuff. Henry came up to me and patted my back.

 

“Good luck, Sharron,” Henry said, “Oh, and, uh, congratulations.”

 

“Thanks, Henry. It’s all a bit surprising, though. I thought I was never field-agent stuff, but apparently, he thinks I am. It’s all good, I guess,” I replied to him.

 

“Nervous, eh?” Henry asked. I nodded. “Well, it’s not so bad. Actually, you’ll be very good at this. Where ya goin’? D.C.? Florida? U.K.? Where?”

 

I looked at him. “I don’t remember now,” I told him. Rule one of the C.I.A. Never trust Henry. He works for someone else, but we don’t know who. No case details. Well, actually, that’s just the rule that I made up. In fact, we weren’t supposed to tell him anything?

 

He looked at me. “You’re lying. Tell me, Sharron!”

 

“No, Henry, I don’t remember. Now, I’ve got to pack right now, so bye!” I said, then left the room, fled to the company garage. I got to my red mini cooper, and opened the door. I slipped inside, turned on the engines, and started backing out.

 

“Hello, Sharron Elizabeth Whitte. Lovely name, Sharron. Drive to the airport. NOW!” I looked behind me to see Henry Brightworth sitting behind me. I sighed, and shook my head. Of course it was Henry. I should’ve known.

 

“Henry, what are you doing this for?” I asked with a British accent to practice before I went to Hawaii.

 

“Oh, you know, Sharron,” Henry replied in his British accent. I rolled my eyes.

 

“If I knew, then I wouldn’t be asking, Henry,” I told him.

 

“Well, if I told you, I’d have to kill you.”

 

“You do know that nobody believes that, right?” I said in my normal voice.

 

“Well, keep it up, and I will have to kill you.”

 

“We all knew that you were the mole in the Agency, Henry. What is your real name?” I asked, clicking on my phone, calling my boss. Come on, Jake, answer the phone! “You can tell me. While we’re going to the airport. Which terminal do you want me to go to, Henry?”

 

“Since we’ve got a long drive, I guess I could tell you.” He sighed, shuffled around in my limited back seat, then got up behind me, and whispered, “George Alexandre. GAE. George Alexandre-“ I cut him off before he could complete his name. He’s been on our watch list for a long time, we just had to prove it was him. Him and with this, a recording of him saying his name. Great.

 

“George Alexandre Earling. Yeah, we’ve all known it was you. So it was you who killed Julia, eh? Why did you kill her, George? She trusted you!” Keep calm, Sharron. Keep calm.

 

“Because I had to. She blew my cover. How did you all know it was me? How did y’all know it was me, the mole in the Agency was me?”

 

“Because I’m an agent of the CIA, and we’re trained in that sort of stuff, George. Now, which terminal?”

 

“A.” He said with a certain… Glee? He was a very odd man.

 

“Terminal A it is, then, George.”



© 2012 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
So, how is it?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on January 21, 2012
Last Updated on January 21, 2012


Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing