Milady

Milady

A Story by Meaghan M

Milady stood at the edge of the cliff, casting her gaze towards the sea. A full moon rose over the horizon, bringing with it the music of the night. I remained silent as milady watched the sea with tear-soaked her eyes. She waited, though she knew her patience would not bring forth the one sight she longed to see for so many nights. The rising moon illuminated the soft waters with a pale with light that was as white as the rims of her tired grey eyes. Touching her shoulder lightly, I beckoned her to end that night's sorrow and return to her room. Taking a final glance back at the sea, milady obeyed my request with a heavy heart. After many hours of sleepless misery, milady was overtaken by a deep slumber. I sat on the railing of her small balcony, and found my eyes traveling across the sun-touched horizon. The music of the night melted behind new morning silence, but left behind the whisper of a dreamer traveling with the breeze. A whisper I had heard every morning since the ships disappeared in the distance.

Come back to me, my love.

© 2008 Meaghan M


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on February 9, 2008

Author

Meaghan M
Meaghan M

NY



About
Meaghan, spelt with as many letters as you can cram into the name. 22, Long Island. I'm a writer, it's what I do. more..

Writing
RoRrim RoRrim

A Story by Meaghan M