The List 36-40

The List 36-40

A Story by Meaghan M
"

Precious Treasure, Eyes, Abandoned, Dream, Rated

"

#36 Precious Treasure

            "Hey," Leo threw Tristan's pants at her head, "you awake?"

            Tristan stirred in the bed as her pants collided with her head. She sat up slowly, holding the blanket up against her chest. She saw Leo sitting on the chair across the room, tying the laces on his boats. She got out of her bed, put on her pants, and snatched up her shirt from the floor. Leo walked over to Tristan and went to kiss her, but she pushed herself passed him before he could.

            "You're still mad at me?"

            Tristan did not answer, but rather pulled on her shirt and grabbed her coat. She headed for the door. Positively annoyed, Leo pointed at the bed.

            "After that, you're still mad at me!?"

            Pulling on her coat, Tristan ascended the small staircase to the upper deck. Seeing his captain was in a foul mood, the helmsman moved out of the way. Quickly pulling on his shirt, Leo stormed out of Tristan's room and up to the helm. He leaned up against the railing.

            "I've got a present for you." he said, trying to redeem himself. "A job."

            "You think that sending me on one of your army jobs is going to make me any less pissed at you?" Tristan growled.

            "Never said army." he grinned.

            Tristan pursed her lips in annoyance. Clearing her throat, she turned toward Leo.

            "It seems you're intrigued me." she said, locking the helm in place. "Continue."

            Leo reached into his pocket and pulled out something small. Smiling, he tossed it to Tristan. She did not look away from Leo until after she caught it. It was a small gold coin with strange engravings on it. She examined it closer.

            "The real ones?" she asked.

            Leo nodded.

            "From his ship?"

            "I've seen it." he answered, taking a piece of paper from his back pocket. "Am I forgiven now?"

            Tristan took the piece of paper from him. Biting her lip, she leaned in closer. Just  as Leo closed his eyes, Tristan stepped to the side.

            "Nope." she said, making her way toward the staircase.

            Leo sighed, giving an annoyed smile.

            "Back to work you scabrous dogs." Tristan yelled. "We're going hunting."

 

 

#37 Eyes

            Mitch sat in the large wooden chair at the head of the church.

            "Father, let me introduce you to Peyton." he said.

            Father D'Angelo watched as one of the young women from the group behind Mitch stepped forward. She stood next to Mitch, who took her hand.

            "We've been speaking for the last three hours." Father D'Angelo said. "What makes you think that talking to another of... your kind will make my tell you where he is?"

            "Because," Mitch looked up at Peyton, "Peyton is different than the rest of us when it comes to making mortals give us what we want."

            Grinning, Mitch placed a kiss on Peyton's hand.

            "Let me guess. She is Lust." Father D'Angelo said, looking at Peyton.

            "Oh come now, Father," Mitch laughed, "don't you know your history?"

            "You and your kind were stricken from the histories, so why would I know anything about you?"

            Mitch and the others laughed. Peyton kept her alluring smile.

            "Father D'Angelo, Peyton is Wrath."

            The laughter ceased. For the first time since their arrival, Father D'Angelo showed fear. He swallowed hard.

            "I don't care what she is, I still won't tell you."

            "Oh, I think you will." Mitch stood up, still holding Peyton's hand. "You want to know why?"

            Mitch paused, looking once again at Peyton.

            "It's because of her eyes."

            As if forced, Father D'Angelo looked into Peyton's bright blue eyes. And that was it. He was captured and there was no hope of escape. Mitch ran the back of his hand down Peyton's cheek.

            "These eyes have started wars." he spoke softly. "You will tell us where Brendan is or you will suffer her."

            A moment of silence passed.

            "Now," Mitch said calmly, "where's Brendan?"

            Mustering every ounce of strength he could, Father D'Angelo shook his head.

            "Never." he breathed.

            Peyton smiled provocatively. In an instant, her once bright blue eyes transformed to a deep red. Father D'Angelo let out a scream of anguish.

 

 

#38 Abandoned

            Tikki sat in the corner of the small room they put her in. Besides three Elders, Regan had been the only one to visit her since her detainment began four days ago. All she wanted was to see her brother, but Kenny had not come. The shackles around her wrists were cold. A few minutes after sunset, the door opened. Dunbar walked in and motioned her to stand. Once she had, he left the room and Kenny walked in. The door was bolted again.

            Tikki nearly broke into tears upon seeing her brother. She tried to step closer to him, but he stepped back. He was not himself. He looked colder, more harsh than his usual self. She stepped back in confusion.

            "So what have you heard?" he asked, looking away from his sister.

            Tikki took a moment, then pointed at the door causing the shackles to rattle.

            "Dunbar says it'll be fine." she replied. "That this is all standard-"

            "Tikki, you killed a man. You pointed your gun at Pyro. You pointed your gun at me!"

            "I didn't mean it." she sobbed. "I-"

            "Some of them have even mentioned considering an Unforgiveable!"

            Tikki fell silent. Kenny turned around, running his fingers through his hair. Tikki's shackles sounded again.

            "You..." she started. "you have to tell them."

            Kenny turned back around.

            "What?" he snapped.

            "You have to tell them that you would have done the same thing." Tikki said, her voice growing louder.

            "I am not-"

            "You said that if you ever got the chance, you'd kill one of them. If you tell them..."

            "I run the risk of being banished as well!"

            "No," she shouted back, "no, they'll see that I just got caught up in the moment and wasn't thinking clearly. They'll see it wasn't all my fault."

            "It was all you fault!"

            Tikki could no longer speak because of the tears. Kenny took one long look at his sister and headed for the door.

            "Kenny..." Tikki sobbed.

            Holding the door halfway open, Kenny lowered his eyes.

            "You're on your own with his one Tik."

            "Kenny..."

            Tikki moved forward, but the door shut and he was gone. Feeling as though she would vomit at any moment, Tikki back up against the wall and slid down. Resting her shackled wrists on her knees, Tikki cried herself to sleep.

 

 

#39 Dreams

            A flash of light through the trees.

            Wake up.

            Becky sprang up in her bed. A cold sweat ran over her goose bump covered skin. It was not until she looked at the clock that she realized her hands were shaking. Three-forty-nine. She started into the darkness of the room, trying to slow down her breathing. She turned sideways, hanging her legs over the edge of the bed. She buried her face in her hands, which were still shaking.

            As soon as she closed her eyes, flashes of the dream passed before Becky's eyes. She saw their faces; all their faces. Her hands started to stop shaking when images of the happiness passed before her. The happiness that she and Sashi had brought to them all those years ago. It did not last long though. Her entire body began to tremble as the dark crept into sight. She saw what had happened; what was happening now.

            When the dreams began over a month ago, Becky had been able to brush them off. She thought of them as nothing but memories. It was not until two weeks ago that she started to realize that she was seeing things she did not remember. She did not want to believe that they were more than just dreams. Sashi certainly could not hear of that. But how could she ignore them? She couldn't; not now.
            Taking a deep breath, Becky felt a cold shiver run down her spine as if someone had gently blown on the back of her neck.

            Becky.

            Becky snapped her head around, but found nothing. She got off the bed and headed out of the room. She did not even bother to knock on Riku's bedroom door where Sashi was sleeping. Riku had been gone for three days already, so Sashi slept alone. As soon as Becky opened the door, she watched Sashi spring up just as she had minutes ago. Although it was dark, Becky could tell that Sashi's skin was glistening from sweat.

            Horrified, Sashi looked at Becky.

            "We have to go back." she gasped.

 

 

#40 Rated

            Shane looked closer at the scar on Murphy's arm.

            "So 'e jus' shoot you?" she asked, her thick Irish accent saturating her words.

            "Aye." Murphy answered.

            "In 'is defense, 'e didn' know we were 'is sons at t'e time." Conner added, coming to sit next to Shane.

            As soon as he sat down, Conner took Shane's hand. He guided her fingers along the scar on his thigh through his jeans.

            "Eh, tha' ain' bad at all." Shane said, feeling the indent in Conner's leg.

            "Is tha' righ'?" Conner replied.

            "I suppose you go' be'er ones then?" Murphy laughed.

            Smiling, Shane stood up in front of the two brothers. She took off the leather jacket she was wearing and tossed it on the empty chair. She then lifted her shirt up and stopped just below her chest, only revealing her lower back and her stomach. Both Conner and Murphy's mouths dropped slightly as they saw her skin was riddled with scars.

            Conner leaned closer to examine her stomach. Murphy stepped behind her and went down on one knee to look at the scars on her back.

            "Shite." Murphy whispered.

            "Where t'e 'ell di' ya ge' these?" Conner asked.

            "Same place you two go' yers."

            "Yer da shoot you too?" Murphy asked, only half aware of what he was saying.

            "No," Shane replied, "no, 'e didn' need a gun."

            Shane took a deep breath and suddenly felt Murphy's fingers tracing one of the deep scars on her back. It felt good. Her breathing picked up a little, but not enough for Conner of Murphy to notice. It was not until Conner ran his fingers over one of the scars on her stomach that Shame had to suppress a gasp. Her breathing quickened again and she allowed her eyes to close. Conner looked up and noticed Shane's eyes were shut.

            Conner outstretched his entire hand over Shane's stomach. Again, she suppressed a noise. Keeping his eyes on her face, Conner felt Shane's hand on his.

            Murphy came close to Shane, stilling running his fingers over her back. He leaned in closer again, and gently kissed her back.          

            Shane's skin caught on fire and became covered with goose bumps. As Murphy's lips left her skin, she smiled.

© 2010 Meaghan M


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on August 11, 2010
Last Updated on August 11, 2010

Author

Meaghan M
Meaghan M

NY



About
Meaghan, spelt with as many letters as you can cram into the name. 22, Long Island. I'm a writer, it's what I do. more..

Writing
RoRrim RoRrim

A Story by Meaghan M