Recycling Bailout

Recycling Bailout

A Story by Sean Allen
"

You may have not seen this!

"

In the midst of the AIG bonus scandal, the budget and the housing & employment crisis, this little known attachment to the financial bailout seems to have gone unnoticed in the hundreds of pages (Printed on recycled paper by the way) of the bill that no one read...

 

Associated Press Feb 29, 2009.

After its parent company reported a 25% drop in sales for the 2nd quarter of FY 2009, Horchow http://www.horchow.com/, the high end furniture division of the Nieman Marcus group has become a favorite of more than a few of our more affluent senators.  It seems that Sen. McCain who you will recall couldn’t remember how many houses he owned last year is one of the Texas based Horchow’s top customers.   Senators John Kerry and Ted Kennedy of Massachusetts are also valued Neiman Marcus shoppers in Boston.

 

Citing the rapidly falling high end housing market as a contributing factor in the reduced sale of Horchow’s new furniture line, the Senate has tacked on a 1.2 Billion dollar bailout to help the more than 100 year old retailer get through the tough times ahead. (Neiman Marcus lost more than 500 Million dollars last quarter.)  

 

In a comment by Al Gore the darling of the environmental movement, Gore stated “Horchow is a pioneer in the industry having saved countless trees by recently introducing their “Turning House Collection” where the furniture is all made from recycled 100 year old buildings that are turned into $1500.00 to $3000.00 furniture.”  It appears that qualifying as a recycler is the loophole that allows the company to qualify for the 1.2 Billion dollar bailout that the Senate proposed.

 

Unnamed sources said that the upscale giant retailer has also agreed to offer diamond studded “Mine and Yours” American made Hybrid economy cars in its upcoming 2010 Christmas catalog rather than the typical “His and Her” sports cars.   This move will abandon a tradition started in 1970 with “His and Her” Mustangs for the more politically correct “Mine and yours” Hybrid economy car theme.  This side agreement seemed influential in getting Rep. Barney Frank to lead the House in going along with the Senate on this attachment to the bailout. 

 

In a related note, it seems that the new Bush Presidential library will occupy the site of the original Horchow’s Finale store which closed in 2009.  Former President Bush could not be reached for comment.

 

© 2009 Sean Allen


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Don't ya just love how they always seem to create a scandal so they can sneak in these sort of bailouts, laws, grants to their friends, etc. while everyone is distracted by the scandal. It seems to be that way in our country too. Very informative write, my friend.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I am sure he and Hussein were too busy "sellabrating" the sellout of the nation to be bothered.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 22, 2009
Last Updated on March 22, 2009

Author

Sean Allen
Sean Allen

West Haven, CT



About
I am just a writer! At least I think I am. If I can only convince someone else of that, I will be a happy writer. But until then, I'm just a writer. Check out www.EclipseLogic.com and www.LightO.. more..

Writing
The Song The Song

A Poem by Sean Allen


Petals Petals

A Poem by Sean Allen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Dream My Dream

A Poem by Sean Allen