The Creation Story

The Creation Story

A Story by Sean Allen

The Creation Story

“Hey you guys, come on, Grandpa’s going to tell us a story, let’s go.” Dusty called out to get everyone’s attention.

 

“Ok Dusty, what’s it about?” Jerry asked excitedly.
 
“Duh, if I already knew what it was all about Jerry, I wouldn’t want to hear it again, now would I?” Dusty responded with his usual cynicism.
 
“Ok, so let’s go, Come on Cindy get out of the corner and come on over here. We don’t want to miss the story.” Dusty called over to Cindy.
 
“I’m not the one sitting in the corner, silly, that would be Jane.” Cindy answered.
 
"Well kids, Gather 'round and I'll tell you all about how it was in the 'olden' days." Grandpa started. "Back when I was your age, we all started out the same. Kind of like we were all from the same mix…"
 
"Oh, I'll bet this is going to be one of those primordial mix stories about evolution from science class." Jerry whispered to Cindy as Grandpa’s words faded into the background.
 
"Everybody knows that a 'Big Guy' all dressed in white made all of us!"  Cindy said with a certainty that transcended her young age. "What do you think Dusty?"
 
"It turns out that I have thought about it quite a bit." Dusty started to say. "I think it's pretty hard to conceive of just one 'Big Guy' making all of us, so the ‘Primordial mix’ theory seems to have some validity."
 
"But there are similarities in all of us that would lend credence to the 'Big Guy' creation theory." Gladys added.
 
“I agree with Gladys” Gary interjected, adding. “But if we are so similar then the ‘mix’ theory would fit too,” and then he quietly went back to his corner.
 
"That is true," Dusty answered.    "But this ‘Big Guy’ that you describe would certainly need to get up real early to make all of us, it seems almost impossible to me."
 
"But even though we are alike guys, we are all still very unique." Jasmine added.
 
 “I agree sister, I’m with you.” Gladys said. “Even if you and I are of different colors and we live in different places, we both have the same coating on the outside.”
 
“Right on, Sugar.” Jasmine said making a weak attempt at a ‘High Five.’
 
“OK kids, listen up” Grandpa said trying to get the group back on track. “Let’s get on with the story. As I said, in the beginning we were all mixed up in the same bowl. In those days all of you would have just been thrown back into the bowl right after you were made.”
 
“Ohhh…” Said Susan visualizing the horror of that fate.
 
“I find that hard to believe Grandfather!” Lenore stated indignantly as Susan nodded in agreement, continuing to think of being all mixed up again in the primordial ooze.
 
“Well, that’s how it was kids…” Grandpa started to say.
 
“Hey guys, guys, be quiet, some ones coming.”   Jerry said…
 
“Can I help you ‘Mam…”
 
“Why yes, I’ll have a box of Munchkins…you can just mix up a nice assortment please.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The Cast…
Grandpa Dunkin Donut
“Big Guy” the baker
 
The Munchkins…
Jane Plain Cake©
Dusty Powdered Cake©
Gary Glazed Cake©
Cindy Cinnamon Cake©
Jerry Jelly Filled©
Lenore Lemon Filled©
Gladys Glazed©
Jasmine Glazed Chocolate©
Susan Sugar Raised©
 
There are over 6,000 Dunkin' Donuts worldwide in 30 countries. In the U.S. there are over 4,400 Dunkin' Donuts locations across 36 states. Internationally, there are over 1,700 Dunkin' Donuts locations in 29 countries. Dunkin' Donuts' most significant presence overseas is in the Philippines, Indonesia, South Korea, and Thailand.

© 2009 Sean Allen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I got sucked into what promised to be a rather profound metaphysical discussion, only to discover I was an innocent bystander in a anarchistic cavort in a flaming bakery (donut section). If that wasn't bad enough, I got the statistics on the world donut community. Sean has a knack for getting to the essence of things the indirect way and entertaining his customers along the way. You don't feel as robbed as you might have under a lesser raconteur.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

lol DONUTS! You got me lol.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I got sucked into what promised to be a rather profound metaphysical discussion, only to discover I was an innocent bystander in a anarchistic cavort in a flaming bakery (donut section). If that wasn't bad enough, I got the statistics on the world donut community. Sean has a knack for getting to the essence of things the indirect way and entertaining his customers along the way. You don't feel as robbed as you might have under a lesser raconteur.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was a humorous twist on a large debate worldwide that will likely continue until man dies out. I enjoyed this read quite a lot.

Posted 14 Years Ago


You had my attention the entire way through and I never thought it was making donuts! LOL What a creative way of telling a story. Thanks for sharing, as usual you never fail to write something out of this world!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh this is so cute. You kept me wondering all the way to the end. Loved it!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 10, 2009
Last Updated on April 10, 2009

Author

Sean Allen
Sean Allen

West Haven, CT



About
I am just a writer! At least I think I am. If I can only convince someone else of that, I will be a happy writer. But until then, I'm just a writer. Check out www.EclipseLogic.com and www.LightO.. more..

Writing
The Song The Song

A Poem by Sean Allen


Petals Petals

A Poem by Sean Allen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..