Hit & Run

Hit & Run

A Story by Donna
"

A Short Story

"

Back in 1999, Larry Larson lived with his wife Shirley, and son Larry Jr. Larry worked for a real estate company, and his wife worked part time for a clothing store. Larry Jr. was 15, and working his first job at Taco Bell. He road his bike to work since it was just a mile from home.


Larry loved his job in real estate, and he did very well. The only thing he didn't like was the drive home. He was only 30 minutes from home, but with traffic it would take him an hour or more. This drove Larry crazy.


On Friday evening, Larry left the office at 7:00pm, and headed home. Of course he sat in traffic for an hour, then finally, traffic started to flow nicely. It was a long day, and Larry just wanted to get home and have a cold beer and relax.


Larry was almost home, he looked at his watch on his arm that read, 8:25pm. He just shook his head. As he looked up, he hit something, he slammed on the brakes and saw a body hit his windshield. Larry took off driving as fast as he could, thinking, he should go back and do the right thing, but he didn't want to deal with the bullshit and having to go to court and pay for an attorney, so he went home.


He went to the fridge and got his cold beer and sat down, trying to calm down and forget what just happened.


He heard a loud knock on the door, he thought, now they got me, damn. He went to the door and opened it slowly, it was a police officer. "Mr. Larson, I am sorry to have to tell you this, but your son Larry Larson Jr. was just involved in a hit & run accident on his bike, he is dead." Said the police officer!

© 2018 Donna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

NO WAY! THIS IS SO SAD! I can't imagine what he must have felt after knowing his son might still be alive if he just did the right thing. Hopefully, people understand to do the right thing no matter how stressful it may be.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Donna

5 Years Ago

Thank you for reading my story, and for your nice review!
OMG I got CHILLS after reading this!!! What an ironic story!!! I'm not the greatest at writing short stories..I never seem to be good at 'ending' them... but wow... you literally ended it perfect!! It was like a 'dead' end!!! I would LOVE to read a sequel ;). Great job with this ever so creative tale!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Donna

5 Years Ago

Wow! Thank you for a wonderful review! I appreciate that so much, and thank you for taking the time .. read more
Rebecca J Martin

5 Years Ago

it deserved a wonderful review!!!! Short stories seriously are not easy to write!!! You are very w.. read more
Oh my god what a tragic story, with a lesson in it.Even you are afraid of the consenquences on what you done even though you didn't meant it to happen still need to do the right thing cause when you not bad karma will come to you.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Donna

5 Years Ago

I appreciate you reading my story. Thank you for your review!
A very good tale painted for the reader. You set-up the story with great skill leading the reader to the sad ending. Thank you Donna for sharing the outstanding story.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


Donna

5 Years Ago

Thank you Coyote for that nice review! ☺
Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

A powerful story and you are welcome Donna.
sins of the father as always the son has to pay it is something that has been real and happening always but then as they say what comes around goes around and vice versa

Posted 5 Years Ago


Donna

5 Years Ago

Your exactly right! Thank you sette for reading and reviewing my story!
Sins of the father paid for by the son! Eye-opening

Posted 5 Years Ago


Donna

5 Years Ago

I appreciate you reading my story and your review!
I'm amazed donna, this was really sad and realism of our social construct of this society. You painted the real picture of the ill-headed personality. Keep doing this. Keep educating the crowd.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Donna

5 Years Ago

What a nice review! Thank you!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
Huh! This thrilled!
Don't know why people got such mindset of running after a hit.....but fate spares none I guess.....to teach lesson not to the guilty but to build an example for humanity protect this was decided by Mr. Larson's fate!!
Tis really great read Donna☺

Posted 5 Years Ago


Donna

5 Years Ago

Thanks Tahsin for a wonderful review, and for reading my story!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

309 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 17, 2018
Last Updated on June 17, 2018

Author

Donna
Donna

San Jose, CA



About
Hi, I am Donna from San Jose California. I enjoy reading and writing. If you do stop by and take the time to read some of my poems/Stories, please leave a review or comment. I would appreciate it, a.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lovestruck Lovestruck

A Poem by KeeD